This Wasn't What I Planned

Eight Years Past: Looking For An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The newly reunited Yoon family drove quickly to the hospital. Once they arrived the quickly walked up to the private room Jan Di had told Ji Hoo’s grandfather Jin Ae was in. Inside the room Jun Pyo was sat quietly right next to the bed, tightly clutching Jin Ae’s small hand. Jan Di was sat next to him, her head on her husband’s shoulder. Ga Eul, Woo Bin and Jae Kyung stood, leaning against the wall, none of them quite sure what to do. Jae Sun, Jae Hwa, Min Ki, and Sang Min where sat with colouring books Ga Eul had quickly brought them from the hospital gift shop, telling them to draw lots of pretty pictures so Jin Ae would have lots to look at when she got her new heart.

 

Ji Hoo’s grandfather knocked on the door of the room. Jan Di lifted up her head, and looked at him as the door opened.

 

‘I brought food.’ He said, stepping in to the room.

 

‘Thank you, grandfather.’ Jan Di told him, then her gaze dropped behind him.

 

‘Ji Hoo!’ Jan Di said, staring wide eyed.

 

‘Oppa!’ Ga Eul gasped.

 

‘Man, where have you been?’ Woo Bin asked quickly. Jun Pyo stood up silently. He walked over to Ji Hoo, pushing him up against the wall, lifting him up by his collar he started at him threateningly.

 

‘Where have you been?’ Jun Pyo screamed. ‘You disappear, leaving us all to worry, and only return as my daughter is dying?’

 

‘Noona’s dying?’ Min Ki yelled.

 

‘She’s not going to live?’ Sang Min gasped.

 

‘She can just have my heart, I’ll die instead!’ Jae Hwa yelled.

 

‘Or mine!’ Jae Sun said.

At that moment Jun Pyo swung a punch for Ji Hoo. Jan Di darted in between them and pushed them apart. Jun Pyo went straight back to his seat by Jin Ae’s bed, and sat down again.

 

‘Where have you been?’ Jan Di asked quickly, as Ga Eul rushed over to the crying children and tried to comfort them.

 

‘I’ve been around...’ Ji Ho said. Jan Di’s eyes dropped to a small girl, looking terrified, and clinging on to Ji Hoo’s leg.

 

‘This is my daughter Yoon Soo Jin. I adopted her.’ Ji Hoo said.

 

‘You adopted a child?’ Jan Di gasped. ‘You haven’t even been taking care of yourself for the past three years.’

 

‘Man, this is not cool. You’re meant to talk to your friends about stuff like this before it happens.’ Woo Bin said. Ji Hoo nodded.

 

‘I know. But it’s happened now, so for Soo Jin’s sake, please just be cool about this.’ Ji Hoo said. All eyes went to Soo Jin.

 

‘Angel, this is your Uncle Woo Bin, your Uncle Jun Pyo, Aunt Ga Eul, Aunt Jan Di, and Aunt Jae Kyung. And those are your cousins...’ Ji Hoo stopped, suddenly realising he didn’t know why child was which. He hadn’t seen any of them since they where babies.

 

‘Jin Ae’s in the bed since she’s sick right now, and that’s Jae Sun, Jae Hwa, Min Ki, and Sang Min.’ Jan Di pointed for Ji Hoo. She seemed grateful to have something to distract her from her critically ill child, even if it was only for the few seconds it took her to tell the girl their names.

 

‘Sang Min, why don’t you give Soo Jin a page of your colouring book.’ Ga Eul asked her son. Sang Min nodded, just as he was about to rip out a page for her, Min Ki’s hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter