Hidden Talents

Eight Years Past: Looking For An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With Woo Bin away over night on a business trip to Jeju Island, and Jae Kyung stuck in a week of back to back business meetings, it was decided it would be better for Min Ki to have an over night stay at the Goo mansion, rather than staying at a baby sitters until way past his bed time, and then having to face a grumpy tired mother who had been working all day. The triplets where still sharing one room as their bedroom, so an extra bed was just moved in to the room.

However, at the So house when Ga Eul called her son down for dinner, she noticed a sad expression on his face.

'What's wrong, Sweetie?' She asked. Sang Min's top lip quivered.

'Mummy, all my friends are having a party with out me.' He said. Then suddenly he burst out in tears. Ga Eul quickly picked him up and hugged him tightly.

'Do you mean because Min Ki's sleeping over at Auntie Jan Di's house?' Ga Eul asked. The small boy nodded his head. 'Do you want me to ring Auntie Jan Di and ask if you can go too?' She asked. The small boy looked up with teary eyes.

'Can you do that?' He asked. Ga Eul laughed softly.

'Yes darling. Give me a second.' She said. She sat the small boy down on a chair while she picked up her mobile phone. She rang her best friend's number.

'Ga Eul-ah!' Her best friend's voice said happily down the phone. 'Why are you calling?'

'Sang Min would like to know if he could come and sleep over too?' Ga Eul said.

'Of course he can, he's always welcome. Jun Pyo's just ordered a stupid amount of pizza, so if you drop him over now he'll be right on time for the pizza feast.' Jan Di laughed down the phone. Ga Eul laughed in reply.

'We'll be ten minutes.' She said. Sang Min was looking at her hopefully as she hung up. She gave him a thumbs up. 'She said it's fine. They're about to have pizza, so I'll take you right now. Let me just pack you a bag.' She said.

'Thank you, Mummy!' Sang Min shouted. He rushed forwards to hug her, and then dived in to the workshop, most likely to tell his father. Ga Eul smiled. She quickly grabbed his backpack which was shaped like a frog's head and shoved some pyjamas and clean underwear in it. She also put in his toy frog he liked to cuddle as he went to sleep.

When Ga Eul came back down stairs, she walked in to the workshop to find her son. He was talking away to his father, as she had expected.

'Are you taking him over to Jun Pyo's? I don't really have time to take him.' Yi Jung asked. Ga Eul frowned slightly. Just one more month, they everything to do with the exhibit will be over.

'Yeah, I'm taking him, I'll be back in twenty minutes.' She said.

'Be safe on the road.' Yi Jung told her. He didn't look up. She turned to her son and called him over.

They arrived at the Goo mansion five minutes later. Sang Min dashed out the car as soon as she stopped it. He even opened the big door himself, in his haste to get in, he nearly tripped over. His uncle Jun Pyo caught him.

'Rascal, where did you come from?' He asked. Sang Min pointed to his mother who was walking behind him.

'Oh, hi.' Jun Pyo said.

'Hey, Oppa.' Ga Eul replied. 'Where's Jan Di?' She asked.

'She's pretending to be an evil shark in the game of pirates the kids are playing.' Jun Pyo said casually, as if this was something every one did on a regular basis. Ga Eul laughed a little as she peaked around the corner and saw her best friend snapping her arms forwards and backwards like a crocodile; or in this case, a bad shark.

'Is it ever quiet at your house?' Ga Eul asked laughing. It was frequently quiet at her house, with just the hum of the potter's wheel filling it. Sang Min was a very calm child.

'Yah, do you really think I can get them to shut up?' Jun Pyo asked. Ga Eul laughed again. Jun Pyo looked down at Sang Min. 'What are you carrying?' He asked. Ga Eul looked down at Sang Min. While she wasn't looking he had brought one of his canvas paintings with him.

'It's for Noona.' He replied.

'Really?' Jun Pyo asked. 'Mermaid, get in here.' He called his daughter. She came sprinting out of the living room. Small curly pigtails stuck out the bottom of her pirate hat.

'Sanggie!' She said excitedly as she saw Sang Min. She hugged him tightly as a greeting.

'Your little brother's got a present for you.' Jun Pyo pointed to Sang Min.

'Present?' Jin Ae repeated. She stuck out her small arms. Sang Min smiled and passed her his painting. As he past her the painting, every one else go a glimpse of it. Ga Eul gasped, and Jun Pyo's mouth dropped open. The painting Sang Min had done was of a mermaid; but that wasn't the surprising bit. It was a mermaid swimming through the ocean. She sea was beautifully done, and in the background where at least a hundred different fishes all drawn with beautiful metallic scales. The mermaid herself looked just like Jin Ae, only older. She had a beautiful metalic light blue tail and a turquoise shell top. Her eyes where enchanting, and her long curly hair fanned out around her like hair does in water.

'I love it, Sanggie.' Jin Ae hugged it to her chest. Her father snatched it off her.

'Hey!' Jin Ae complained.

'Just a second, Mermaid.' Her father told her. He looked at Ga Eul. 'Where did he really get this from?' He asked. Ga Eul shrugged.

'I really don't know.' She said. She knelt down next to Sang Min. 'Where did you get this painting from, Sweetie?' She asked.

'I did it!' He insisted.

'How could he have? They're aren't many adults that can paint this well, let alone a three year old.' Jun Pyo said. Ga Eul's eyes stayed w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter