Cheeky

Eight Years Past: Looking For An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the triplets second birthday came and went, all any one could wonder was when exactly they where going to see Ji Hoo again. Ji Hoo's wife had died just after the triplet's first birthday, and no one had seen him since.

The triplets where the children of Geum Jan Di, and Goo Jun Pyo. They consisted of the oldest boy Goo Jae Sun, the second oldest boy Goo Jae Hwa, and the only girl, and the most dominate triplet; Goo Jin Ae.

Woo Bin and Jae Kyung's child Min Ki's second birthday past, and no one had heard anything from Ji Hoo.

Yi Jung and Ga Eul's son Sang Min had his second birthday, and still nothing.

Finally it got back around to the triplet's birthday. They turned three and a massive lush party was held in their back garden, the same as every year. But their uncle Ji Hoo, who they could no longer remember was still not around.

When Ji Hoo left suddenly two years ago, Jan Di had stepped up and taken over the running of his clinics. The worst bit of this process was when she had to find a new children's doctor. That had been Ji Hoo's wife; Hyo Joo before she had died suddenly of a brain aneurysm.

'I really hope my grandson returns before their next birthday.' Ji Hoo's grandfather said as he left the triplets party. Every one agreed. No one knew when or if he was coming back; they didn't even know where he was.

Min Ki's birthday past again.

Then Sang Min's.

With the triplet's fourth birthday coming up soon, still no one knew where he was.

Ji Hoo had really gone to Scotland. He had brought a small log cabin, and was just sitting in there nearly all day every day. He would only leave once he ran out of alcohol, which he had massively turned to since his wife's death. In front of him, next to the fireplace which was the only thing heating the cold cabin was a picture of his wife. Some times if he stared at it long enough he could almost see it moving, and talking to him.

'Hyo Joo, what should I do?' He asked the picture. He swore the picture looked up at him.

'Go back to Korea.' The picture seemed to say. He blinked, and rubbed his eyes. Thinking to himself he'd drunk too much, he fell asleep on the floor.

Back in Seoul, at the So house, tensions where running high.

'Sang Min! Just eat your rice.' Ga Eul snapped. Sang Min had been playing with his bowl of rice to several minutes with out eating any.

'I don't feel like rice. Please, can I call Noona?' He asked. Sang Min was very well spoken for a child of his age. Ga Eul sighed.

'What do you want to call Jin Ae for?' She asked. Sang Min was very well behaved, and asked for everything so politely she found it hard to say no to him.

'Noona told me I should paint her a picture, but I don't know what she wants a picture of.' Sang Min said sweetly. He almost worshipped his Noona, and would do anything she asked of him.

'Why don't you just paint what you want, and then it will be a surprise for Jin Ae?' Ga Eul suggested. Sang Min's expression when went very serious for a long moment.

'That's a good idea, Mother. Could I get down to paint then?' He asked. Ga Eul smiled a little.

'Yes, Sweetheart.' She nodded. Sang Min happily hopped down from the table. She sighed as she was left to eat the rest of her meal by herself. Her husband had the most important exhibition of his life coming up. It was due to be sown in the Louvre museum in Paris, and was a massive deal which would firmly cement him as one of the best potters of all time. She was very proud, however it was taking up so much of his time. He was coming to bed late, and falling straight asleep, missing meals, and just generally working constantly. When he wasn't working he was spending those rare free moments with Sang Min. Ga Eul sighed, as it seemed no one had time for her any more. She finished eating and stood up. She stepped over to the door that lead in to the workshop. Sang Min was sat at a small table that was sat next to Yi Jung's potter's wheel.

'You're doing a painting for Jin Ae?' Yi Jung asked his son. He took the pot he had been working on off the wheel.

'Yes. We where painting at Noona's house and she said mine was really good, and that I should paint one for her.' Sang Min said in his intelligent tone. Yi Jung chuckled.

'Your paintings are very good.' Yi Jung praised. Sang Min smiled at his father.

'I want to be a big painter when I'm older, like you but instead of pottery I want to p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter