Shinhwa and Swimming

Eight Years Past: Looking For An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jun Pyo was a person who always lived in the fear that he would become a parent like his own where as he was growing up. He was desperate to spend as much time as possible with his kids, so he constantly took them into work with him. Jae Sun didn't really enjoy being taken into the office, and Jae Hwa didn't either although he was polite about it, so most days it was just Jin Ae who went into the office.

'Mermaid?' Jun Pyo called through his house. That was the one thing he hated about having such a large house. It was always impossible to find anyone. However, today he was in luck as it seemed Jin Ae had just been in the next room. She came running to find him, her curly pigtails bobbing along as she did so. It was still early, so she was still in her pyjamas which had fish drawn all over them.

'Daddy!' She giggled. She ran straight up to her father and grabbed his leg.

'Rascal.' Jun Pyo shook his head. His hands sat on his hips. 'Do you want to become a real mermaid after work today?'

'How?' Jin Ae asked with wide eyes.

'Swimming lessons.' He said. Ever since she had been born, he had planned for her to be a great swimmer, in place of her mother how lost her own chance to be a champion athlete. Jin Ae looked hesitant.

'You gonna watch?' She asked cutely.

'Yeah.' Jun Pyo replied.

'Is Mummy going to watch?' She asked. Jun Pyo thought for a long moment.

'Geum Jan Di!' Jun Pyo shouted. He waited for a moment, until he heard the sound of footsteps.

'What?' Jan Di asked walking in to the kitchen. She yawned. Like her daughter she was still in her pyjamas. 'I thought I told you to stop shouting me, I'm not a dog.' She said pulling the fridge open. She pulled herself out a carton of milk, and then pulled out a banana milk, a strawberry milk and a chocolate milk. With half closed eyes she passed the strawberry milk to Jin Ae, the chocolate milk to Jae Sun who had followed her into the kitchen, and the banana to Jae Hwa who had also followed her in.

'Do you want to come to Jin's swimming lesson today?' He asked. Jan Di yawned.

'Since when has Jin Ae had swimming lessons?' She asked, rubbing her eyes. She then took a sip of her milk.

'Since today. I booked them.' Jun Pyo replied. Jan Di turned to look at her husband.

'By that do you mean that you've hired a private super expensive instructor?' Jan Di asked.

'Only the best is teaching my daughter.' Jun Pyo replied.

'Do you even want to do swimming lessons, Honey?' Jan Di asked her daughter. She picked her up and sat her on the counter. She took the strawberry milk off her daughter. Jin Ae had been struggling with the straw, so she put it in for her, and handed it back to her.

'Mummy, will you watch if I swim?' Jin Ae asked. Jan Di laughed.

'I'll watch you if you swim.' Jan Di made a shape of glasses with her hands. 'Through my super special glasses.'

Jin Ae giggled.

'I want to swim.' She said.

'See!' Jun Pyo said in a victorious tone. Jan Di rolled her eyes. He leaned over and picked Jin Ae up off the counter. 'Let's get ready for work.' He told her. Jan Di turned to her sons.

'Do you guys want to do swimming lessons?' She asked. Both of them shook their heads. She laughed. 'Okay, I got it. Come on, let's get you ready for your Granddad's house.' She said. By the time she had got them to the staircase, her husband and daughter where already coming back down the staircase. Jun Pyo was looking sharp in a grey suit, and Jin Ae also looked good in a white blouse, grey skirt with braces, long grey socks, white shoes and grey fur shrug. Jan Di bit her tongue every time Jin Ae came downstairs dressed in the totally over the top manner her husband dressed her in. The funniest part of the outfit was that Jin Ae's stuffed toy fish, was also wearing a grey suit.

'Oppa's! Don't you want to come to work?' Jin Ae asked her brothers on her way down the stairs.

'I would rather be eaten by a lion.' Jae Sun replied in a small but loud voice.

'I don't enjoy it.' Jae Hwa said more reasonably.

'Rascals.' Jun Pyo shook his head. He leant down and kissed both of them on the top of their heads while they tried to squirm away. He turned to Jan Di. 'Come to the Shinhwa swimming pool after you finish work for Jin's lesson.' He kissed her on the cheek.

'I'll be there.' She replied. Jun Pyo picked up Jin Ae and carried her down the rest of the stairs.

'Will you? Because I still remember Namsan Tower.' Jun Pyo replied turning around at the bottom of the stairs.

'I turned up to that!' Jan Di shouted in reply.

'Yeah, but late.' Jin Ae replied. Jan Di laughed at her daughter.

'You Miss, have been spending t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter