Jerk Theory

The K-Pop of Ages

Chapter 6 – Jerk Theory

 

Baekhyun

 

Whoa

   ‘Baek, you alright?’ Tao stopped at the door, seeing that I had stopped behind him.

   ‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ I answered with delay.

   ‘Come on then.’ He smiles sweetly and opens the door to a dimly lit club with few people in it.  As I stepped inside I was hit with the stench of alcohol and sweat. My feet dragged around in a sea of plastic cups and tin cans of alcohol.


   ‘What happened in here?’ I kicked them away, looking around the room. The hall was impressively big, and that wasn’t even the beginning of it. There were a couple of bars, one on the side and one at the back of the room. There were balconies overlooking the whole interior of the bottom floor. Heck there was even a stage. A stage! A big one at that. There’s something about this place, I can’t pin-point it but there is something.

   ‘Have you never been to a club before? Places like these are usually crowded in the evening. This here,’ he gestures around the room, ‘is all the mess from last night. We don’t have anything on tonight so today is all about cleaning.’

   ‘And you better get to it!’ a short ginger man hopped out of nowhere startling me and Tao. ‘You’re late kiddo.’ He scolded but then looked towards me; his expression softened. ‘You going to introduce me to your friend here Tao?’  

   ‘Sorry.’ He smiled sheepishly. ‘This is my friend Baekhyun.’ He introduced me.  I held out my hand to shake his, and he took it and gave it a squeeze.

   ‘I’m Minseok. I own this place which means I get to boss my employees around. So without further ado, get to work!’ he left and went back to where he came from.

   ‘Sorry about him. He’s been getting a little grouchy lately.’

   ‘I don’t hear you working’ Minseok called out again, scaring the lights out of me.

   ‘I should probably get to work.’ He grinned.

   ‘You probably should.’

I want to become a singer like you

I had been sitting at one of the bars as Tao got to work. At first I was just watching him as he floated around in his natural environment, talking to other workers as he went along.  But just sitting around and watching someone else do something can be boring, especially if all there doing is sweeping up and cleaning tables. So instead of just sitting around doing nothing I decided it would be alright to get up and explore the place. I had got up and told Tao that I was going to the toilet and he directed me towards the entrance of the place. It’s spacious I thought. My eyes were trailing around the room until they landed on two doors, adjacent to each other, knocking each other playfully as they swung to a close. Looking around I made sure no one was watching, not sure if I was allowed to enter through the doors. The coast was clear and I made my move, with care, opening the doors slowly so they wouldn’t screech and alert the employees that were working around the building. Luckily for my small thin frame I was able to squeeze through the doors without having to open them too wide. I swept off the invisible dust from my closes and got lost in the sight of the labyrinth disguised as a corridor. Wow. This is huge. I walked down the halls and doors were situated on each, some just cleaner’s cupboards and other looked like dressing rooms. Well, this is quite a big place; I mentally shrugged.  I let myself wander through the never ending hall until I hit the end. There were two doors situated next to each other, both with gold arrogant stars that shone bright on the dull wood; the two stars competing with each other of which has more importance. They both looked similar and I bet the rooms also had similar charms. Would it be rude of me to peek inside? I put my hand out hesitantly to touch the doorknob, avoiding the chipped wood. Before my fingers could graze the knob it twisted under my present. Is this where I find out I have super telekinetic powers and I can move things with my mind? It doesn’t seem like the power I’d have. I think I’d be more of the “light that leads the way” type with my powers. I’m a ball of sunshine *>.<* I scrunched my face at the thought of having powers and ignored it when the doorknob stopped moving for a second. Maybe I’m going crazy. I shrugged. Stop hedging and open the door the little devil on my shoulder told me but the angel on the other side was telling me not to. It’s trespassing.

   ‘It’s not like it’s someone’s home’
 

   ‘But it still belongs to Minseok-ssi and I don’t think he’d appreciate you snooping around’
 

   ‘Just do it, it’s not like he’ll know anyway, he’s on the other side of the building.’

   ‘Why am I having an argument with myself?’ I asked aloud, glad that the hallway was empty otherwise I would have looked like a nutcase. Shaking the imaginary devil and angel clear out of my head I took a bold step forward again and gripped the door handle hard before opening the door. The door flew open, didn’t realise I had this much strength; maybe I’m superman! The door trapped me between it and the hard wall behind me, causing all the surrounding air to overwhelm my lungs. WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?! It’s like I’m disaster prone. The door slowly swung close, leaving me still glued to the wall. Once I let the air slowly seep out of my lungs I almost fell to the floor, but was caught by someone not much taller than me.

   ‘Oh my gosh, are you okay?’ he looked down at me as he slowly took me into the dressing room I had been standing outside of. Slowly with caution he sat me down on the couch that was situated in the middle of the room. ‘I’m so sorry about that,’ he left my side and went to pour me a glass of water. ‘Kris is…temperamental’ he told me, handing the glass to me. Who’s Kris? I took the glass from him and looked around the room as I drank the refreshing but tasteless liquid that ran down like ice in my throat. There were posters up on the wall, mostly of the same person. He had long-ish, blond hair that was messily spread across his head, but in an attractive way, not slobbish. Not many people can pull the look off. Good for him; but who is he?
 

   ‘That’s Kris’ the man waving his fingers in front of my eyes said, as if he’s reading my mind.

   ‘Mr Temperamental? I can imagine.’ 

   ‘Ah, he’s not all that bad…’ he paused and sat down next to me.

   ‘Well he did just knock me into a wall so excuse me if I disagree.’ I huffed, remembering the claustrophobia I felt in those small moments of being trapped between the door and the wall.
 

  ‘Again, I’m sorry about that. We just got into a bit of an argument, but no worries, it happens almost on a day to day basis.’
 

  ‘Why do you put up with him then?’ I asked him. His expression turned stoic.
 

  ‘I’m his manager, I have to deal with him, even when he’s acting like a kid.’ he told me. ‘Plus we go way back.’ He looked rather fond. ‘I’m “Suho” by the way.’ He held out his hand for me to take.

   ‘Baekhyun.’ I took it and gave it a tight squeeze.

   ‘I should really go and make sure he isn’t terrorizing the staff.’ He pointed towards the door. ‘Stay as long as you need, just watch out for Kris; that’s a warning.’ He grinned.

   ‘Thanks by the way,’ I managed to squeeze in before he left the room.

   ‘No problem Baekhyun-ssi’ a nice eye smile formed on his face before he left me on my own in this luxurious dressing-room. 

 

I think I may have overstayed my welcome

   ‘Who the hell do you think you are?’ Tall, blond Mr Temperamental stormed back into his dressing room

   ‘I…’

   ‘Walking around like you own the place!’ he started pacing around the room.

   ‘I’m…’

   ‘Why are you even in here?!’

   ‘…’

   ‘Who let you in here?’ he cornered and glared down at me, his eyes menacing with smudged thick kohl lining. ‘Who. Let. You. In. here.’ He said again, this time closing in on me, looking more threatening than he did than before. I gulped visibly. He grabbed hold of my shirt when I didn’t answer him straight away. I yelped.

   ‘Suho-ssi’ I managed to choke out.

   ‘Suho huh. Never thought he liked the pixie type.’

I tried to shrug out of his grip but it made him hold on tighter. ‘I’m not here because of him, I’m here because of you, you insensitive jerk.’ I struggled harder.

   ‘Oh, I see now.’ He said, smirk visible. He put some distance between us at arm’s length. I thought I was away from him but he gripped onto my narrow shoulders instead. His eyes trailed up and down my body, exposing every little part of me even though I was fully covered.

   ‘Yah!’ it came out weakly but I couldn’t do anything else.

   ‘What do you want?’ he asked eyes boring into mine. ‘An autograph, a picture…something more intimate?’ he wiggled his eyebrows at the last one. At this I pushed myself away from him at full force.

   ‘What is wrong with you?’ I asked, shaking my body free of his grip and his stares.

   ‘You know you want it; why else would you be here, in my dressing room, waiting for me?’ he stepped closer again. ‘Come on and play with me.’ he whispered into my ear, ghosting a breath over it before he stepped back again. My body involuntary shivered at the feeling.

   ‘No thank you.’ I finally got some distance between us by slipping under his arm that was perched on the left side of my head. When did that get there?

   ‘No one can say no to a bad boy’ he gave another smirk and I rolled my eyes.

   ‘There’s a first time for everything.’ I smirked back at him.

   ‘Don’t you know who I am?’ the smirk was wiped off his face and it turn a frown line appeared.

   ‘Yeah, I know who you are.’ Barely but I don’t want you to know that. ‘Well Kris, I’ll see you around.’ I winked at him and took one last picture mentally of his face and turned around to walk out of the room. It was worth it, the look on his face was priceless.
 

    ‘No one ever says no to me!’ could be faintly heard outside of the dressing room


 

 

Sorry about the wait

that shouldn't have taken so long to update ):

I've actually had this chapter written for ages (i like to stay ahead for times like these)

but i got a new laptop and didn't have Word on it for a while, and i had to transfer files and stuff

 

but yeah, enough with the excuses, scold me if you want :P

Annyeong ~~

 

 

P.s i'm sorry it's so short, if you want longer chapters, don't be affraid to ask, otherwise, these chappies are for like, meeting new people