Chapter Six: Goodbye, my friends

Something more

Kevin wakes up to yells and movement all around him as he sits up in a flash. He finds Hoon and runs to him; Hoon is on his knees and crying. “Hoon, Hoon, what happened?” Kevin shakes the older one a little and Hoon can only stare at Kevin.

 

                “He came while we were sleeping and took Soohyun.” Eli says while walking up to the two of them. Kevin doesn’t need to hear its name to know that it was Demi; the giant cat that had attacked him from before.

 

                “Dongho, AJ, and Kiseop are out looking for them.” Hoon sniffles pitifully while now hugging onto Kevin.

 

                “It’ll be okay, we will find Soohyun.” Kevin says while helping himself and Hoon to stand then faces Eli, “What way did they go? Let’s go help.”

 

                “Follow me.” Eli says and the two of them follow him as he walks on a hardly used path.

 

                Kevin keeps a check on the air, sniffing if he can smell Dongho or Kiseop nearby but he smells something else that makes him shiver, “Blood.” He mutters as he follows Eli who seems to know where he’s going.

 

                “Kevin, do you feel that? Something is very wrong.” Hoon whines and all them move quickly to where the scent of blood is coming from. In a circle of trees, the three of them come and the scene before them makes their stomachs flip. Dongho is in his cat form, lying on the grass in his own blood, body hardly breathing, AJ is sitting up against a tree hardly conscious, and Kiseop is the only one standing and is glaring at the giant cat that is standing in front of Soohyun’s unmoving body but they can see Soohyun breathing steadily.

 

                “Eli, we have to do something.” Kevin says as he can only stare as Kiseop begins to shout at the cat before him.

 

                “Let him go!” Kiseop growls at the cat that just lashes its tail getting annoyed then it sniffs the air and almost smiles in the direction where Kevin and his friends are hiding.

 

                “So you’re awake now, little kitty.” Demi hisses, ignoring Kiseop completely.

 

                Kevin steps into the circle of trees, facing the giant black cat while Hoon and Eli follow him. “Let Soohyun go or you’ll be sorry.” He looks at Hoon and Eli, “Go help Dongho and AJ please, I’ll get Soohyun back.” He says while nodding to Hoon.

 

                Demi laughs and then glares at Kevin, “What can you do to me? You’re just a kitten.”

 

                “Take me instead.” Kevin pleads while staring straight into Demi’s eyes.

 

                “It has to be Soohyun. I came to bring him back.” Demi replies and for a second, he can see sadness in the giant cat’s eyes but it is quickly blocked out by anger. Soohyun begins to cough as he wakes up with a very big headache.

 

                Soohyun sits up and looks around realizing what has happened. Now that Demi has him, he knows that there’s little chance of escape. He looks at everyone and his heart hurts when he sees Dongho and AJ in their serious conditions. “Kevin.” Soohyun says while deciding what has to happen.

 

                “Soohyun, are you okay?” Kevin responds and he takes a step forward but stops when Demi hisses.

 

                “I’m fine but… take care of Hoon, please?” Soohyun looks Kevin in the eyes and the younger knows what is being planned to save them.

 

                “Come back soon, Soohyun.” Kevin tries to smile but can’t and turns back to the others now that Hoon is screaming. Kevin walks up to Hoon who falls down for a second time today and holds him as they watch Soohyun and Demi calmly walk into a portal.

 

                “Let me go with them! Let me go, he can’t leave!” Hoon yells and cries as he tries to push Kevin away so he can run but the younger only lets him go once the portal vanishes. Hoon sinks down into the ground and cries while Kevin goes up to Eli and Kiseop who have been standing by Dongho.

 

                Kevin looks at AJ who looks like he is sleeping peacefully, “He only has a cut on his leg, he’ll be fine.” Kiseop says and then Kevin kneels down beside Dongho whose breathing has gotten shallower.

 

                “Soohyun left so that no one had to die but that may still happen…” Kevin says while scooping up kitten Dongho in his arms and he starts to cry. They walk back silently to their camp and lay Dongho on the ground then Kevin washes the kitten’s wounds and bandages him up with the supplies they got for Kevin when Demi attacked him. After a while, Dongho’s breathing gets better and everyone gets more positive about his and their future. The groups stay together, taking care of Dongho and waiting for Soohyun to return for them.

 

The End ^.^

 

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this!! :3 I hope you liked it! I seriously thought about killing Dongho then decided against it. I didn't want my first multi-chapter fanfic to be too sad. XD