Chapter Four: He is here

Something more

 

                Soohyun wakes up and gently wakes Hoon up who had fallen asleep on his shoulder. The both get up and stretch and Hoon asks, “Can I try and help you cook breakfast?” The older man smiles brightly while nodding his head and heads to the kitchen right away. Hoon follows him and Soohyun teaches him to make omelets. Soohyun feels something very wrong today but doesn’t let Hoon notice and acts happy.

 

                “Kiseop, can we go back soon?” Kevin pants a little because their walk has turned into an adventure.

 

                “I don’t want to go back. I like being here with you.” Kiseop replies stubbornly while sniffing the air, he sighs peacefully when he can smell only the trees.

 

                “Something bad is coming. Kiseop, we need to leave.” Kevin hisses sharply and Kiseop feels it now too; something vile has come. They run back to where the others should be and right before they reach their destination, something out of the dark tackles and pins Kevin to the ground.

 

                Kevin and Kiseop stare at the huge black cat in front of them and Kevin is trying hard to escape its grasp but can’t. The cat is growling and looks down at Kevin who has stopped trying to get loose and is staring at the beast. Kiseop can only watch as the huge cat bites Kevin and Kevin’s vision turns black as he loses consciousness.

 

                Hoon falls down screaming in the middle of breakfast and Soohyun rushes to his side. “Hoon! Hoon, can you hear me?”

 

                “Kevin! Help him.” Hoon gasps as he holds his head in his hands and curls up in a ball.

 

                “What happened to Kevin?” Soohyun asks gently and then feels it. “Oh no.” He whispers as he picks up Hoon and puts him on the couch to rest.

 

                Eli is trying to cook a rabbit over a fire as Dongho rushes in an extreme panic, “We need bandages, Kevin’s been attacked!” Eli gets up and finds AJ then the two of them rush to the nearest clinic to get supplies for Kevin. Dongho goes to Kiseop who has been guarding Kevin after carrying him all the way back. The cat had run after attacking Kevin and Kiseop had sworn that it had smiled at him. “A cat did this?”

 

                “A giant cat, Dongho. Not like us at all.”

 

                “Where had it come from?”

 

                “I don’t know! We were rushing here because we felt something wasn’t right, we were almost here then this cat come out of the shadows and caught Kevin.”

 

                “Something from the dark is coming…” Dongho mumbled the words quietly.

 

                “This is what the voice was warning us about? A giant monster cat?” Kiseop was so surprised but all he could do was stare at Kevin.

 

                AJ and Eli came back with bandages but still Kevin had not woken up but his wounds stopped bleeding so it was easy for Dongho to clean and bandage him. “I just wish he would wake up.” Kiseop says sadly while holding Kevin’s hand as they all sit around a fire.

 

                Hoon wakes up and holds his head as the pain turns dull then fades away. He looks at Soohyun who is sitting in a chair near him and they just look at each other. “You know what hurt Kevin.” Hoon says slowly as he looks at his feet.

 

                “I’ll explain once we’re all together, we should have gone to Kevin sooner.” Soohyun says as he shakes his head and gets two coats for them. “Ready to go meet the others?” Soohyun asks with a little smile but all Hoon can do is nod numbly. Soohyun leads the way and they find a forest then the older just sniffs his way until he stops, motioning Hoon to look through the trees. He looks and sees a group of people by a fire and also notices a body on the ground that they are around.

 

                “Someone is here.” Growls AJ as he stands up wearily. Everyone turns to see two men coming out of the trees slowly and almost carefully.

 

                The smaller of the two is staring at Kevin’s body and his eyes are wide. “We don’t mean any harm. I know what attacked Kevin.” The larger man says and everyone visibly relaxes and Eli nods his head motioning them to sit with them.

 

                “Poor Kevin…” Hoon mumbles while touching Kevin’s hair gently making Kiseop growl slightly. “I know Kevin, in a way…” Hoon says while looking at the group.

 

                “What do you mean?” Eli asks narrowing his eyes.

 

                “I saw him in my dreams before. When he got hurt, I hurt too.” He holds his head as it hurts again.

 

                Eli looks at Soohyun reminding him, “You said you know what attacked Kevin.”

 

                Kiseop interrupts, “You know the giant cat?!”

 

                “In a way, I do know him. I’m not from this world and neither are all of you.” Soohyun says as he reads all of their reactions carefully.   

 

[Author's Note: Two things: One: Just thought you would like to know that Kevin is not going to die. Two: The giant black cat is a character of mine from a series I wrote in middle school, you'll learn more in the next chapter. I hope you like what you're reading so far~ ^.^]