Chapter Five: Wake up, Kevin

Something more

                Soohyun begins to tell them how he came to this world years ago from a portal and how something had followed him here. The thing that had followed him was the giant cat that attacked Kevin. The cat, like them had once been able to turn into a human but now it was stuck in the beast form. It wasn’t really like them, it had once been a god but people had turned their backs on him so he turned into a monster. Soohyun told them how he met this god before he turned and how he had been friends with him once, he was called Demi. “He followed me because he hates me.” Soohyun sighed sadly.

 

                “Why does Demi hate you?” Hoon asked a little timidly.

 

                “I was the last person that believed in him and then I left him too.”

 

                Hoon turned his attention back to Kevin and held hands with the boy again. He closed his eyes and went into a trance but nobody noticed. Hoon was walking around in the dark when he stumbled into someone, “Kevin!”

 

                Kevin turns around wildly to look at Hoon, “Who are you? How do you know my name? How did you get here?”

 

                “My name is Hoon. I’m holding onto your hand right now. I saw you in a dream, you need to wake up!”

 

                Kevin smiles sadly and shakes his head, “I can’t wake up. I tried so hard to wake up, I can hear

everyone but I can’t wake up.”

 

                “What’s up with him?” A voice asks and Kevin disappears and Hoon wakes up. “What were you doing?” The voice, belonging to Eli asks.

 

                “I met Kevin.” Hoon lets out a small smile.

 

                “What do you mean?” Soohyun asks staring at Hoon then Kevin’s body. “Your hands.”

 

                “That’s what I thought or maybe for some reason Kevin and I are just linked. I saw him in my head, he said he can’t wake up but he can hear us.”

 

                “Did he say why he can’t wake up?” Dongho asks while getting fidgety.

 

                “No but he’s trying hard to come back to us. Soohyun, could Demi have done anything to Kevin? He’s stuck and it’s very dark where he is, I want him out as soon as possible.”

 

                “Even though he used to be a god, Demi never had powers or anything.”

 

                “What are we even supposed to do with Demi? We can’t kill him; he’s too huge to fight.” Kiseop says while starting to get angry.

 

                “Lead him to the portal.” Soohyun says simply. “But first, we need to wake up Kevin. Hoon, go see Kevin.”

 

                “I’ll try to get him out!” Hoon says excitedly while going back to the dark and searching for the boy who’s so alone for right now.  “Kevin!” Hoon calls softly into the darkness waiting for the other boy to come to him.

 

                “Hoon!” Kevin is now beside him again with a little grin on his face. “You came back.”

 

                “Of course I came back! Grab my hand; it’s time for you to be with us.” The older one puts his hand in front of Kevin who accepts it right away. The two of them walk towards a light then Hoon opens his eyes to find Kevin staring at him. “Kevin!” Hoon grabs the younger into a hug right away and pets his hair happily until he hears Eli clear his throat. “Sorry…” Hoon mumbles while letting go of the boy.          

 

                “Its okay, Hoon.” Kevin smiles at the older one reassuringly then looks at the others and stares at Soohyun.

 

                “Ah, this is my friend Soohyun. He has helped us out a lot. He knows the giant cat that attacked you.” Hoon explains quickly.

 

                “You forgot that I could hear all of you.” Laughs Kevin then turns serious, “When are we going to find Demi?”

 

                “You just came back, Kevin. You need to eat then we will see how you feel.” Dongho says before anyone else can say anything.

 

                “Yeah! Kevin needs food, I’ll go find some.” Hoon says excitedly while hopping up and leaving before anyone can stop him.

 

                “I think Hoon really likes you…” Mutters Kiseop in a bitter tone.

 

                “I get the feeling Hoon has been alone for a long time and since he has this weird connection going on with me, he wants to get close and be my friend. I know now what it’s like to be alone; I don’t want anyone to ever feel like that.”

 

                “Wonder if Hoon will be okay by himself.” Says AJ to no one in particular.

 

                “He isn’t too far away.” Replies Kevin while smiling.

 

                “How strong is that connection to each other?” Asks Dongho while scooting closer to Kevin.

 

                “It’s a hard thing to explain, Dongho. It feels more like a bond than a connection. It almost felt like I knew Hoon the first time I saw him in that darkness.”

 

                “Perhaps you knew him in the other world but when you came here, you forgot all your memories.” Soohyun says softly.

 

                “I’ve been in this world my whole life though; I was a pet cat all my life.”

 

                “I haven’t told you all everything. Oh, he’s back.” Soohyun says then looks at a gray and white cat carrying two medium birds which drops them in front of Kevin while purring.

 

                Kevin picks up Hoon cat and while Hoon is in his lap, he cooks his birds at the fire. He pets Hoon while eating the birds then gives a little bit to the cat that takes it gently and Kevin’s fingers as well. “Hoon is so pretty.” Laughs Kevin while scratching a purring Hoon kitty behind the ears. Soon both Hoon and Kevin are sleeping soundly.

 

                “We should go to sleep too but when we wake up, Soohyun tells us everything.” Dongho says while looking at the oldest then lies down beside Kevin.

Author's Note: Thanks so much for reading this! :D There will be one more chapter then it shall be over~ This has been one of my first ever multi-chapter fanfics so I hope it was okay.