Chapter 16

The Sound of Your Heart

Jason’s POV

I knelt down and began digging through my gym bag, searching for my iPod. Once I found it I connected it to the dock inside of the practice room. I scrolled through the songs and finally found the song that I had helped JB compose. I ran across the room and the video camera that I had set up to record several of 2DREAM’s past practices and hit record. I put the song on loop and then returned to the center of the dance floor where I stood motionless. I closed my eyes and listened to the instrumental the first time around. Of course the song had no vocals yet because it was still a work in progress, but that didn’t mean that I hadn’t already written lyrics for it. I knew exactly what I wanted out of this song. I knew what I wanted to achieve. I just had to find the right dance moves to match the song. It wasn’t long before the music started to pour out from the speakers. I tried to imagine all of the possibilities. After the song played its first run I opened my eyes and went straight to work.

As the music started up again I turned my back to the mirror at the front of the room and struck a pose, lifting my left arm up and bending my elbow. When the first few beats played, I used my ankles to spin me around facing forward. As I did so, I brought my right arm out and then swayed it around in front of me, bringing my left hand up to my chest. I brought my right hand in front of my face, extending my left arm out to the side and stepping forward with my left leg crossed in front of my other. I slowly followed the beat, extending my left arm further and sliding my body in a roll. I brought my right arm and reached out to the side, taking my hands and snapping them downwards before placing them on my hips. I rocked my shoulders to the side and kicked my left leg backwards, sliding to my left. I made another pose, leaning forward and pausing for a couple of seconds before stepping out with my right leg and kneeling downwards. I quickly stood back up and spun around, making another pose kneeling forward and holding it for another couple of seconds. As I did this, I pictured the possible movements of several other dancers’ bodies in the background while I was on pause.

I turned the music off and glanced down at my watch. The moves that I had put together so far covered the first 21 seconds of the song. I returned back to the video camera and hit the stop button before replaying and watching what I had done. I observed my form on camera and tried to match it up to the music in my head. It wasn’t bad. Still a bit sloppy, but I would work on fine tuning it. I set the camera back down and returned to the center of the dance floor again, rewinding the first 21 seconds of the song and redoing what I had just freestyled moments ago. I continued to do this for hours, doing my best to perfect not even the first half of the first minute of the song. I danced continuously into the night, not stopping until I dropped to the floor in sweat and exhaustion.

I brought my knees forward and leaned on them with my elbows, removing my black baseball cap soaked with sweat and throwing it onto the floor. I panted heavily, glancing at my reflection in the mirror through the corners of my eyes. Although I was beat, a small smirk spread across the corners of my lips. What I was doing just now was top secret. Pledis didn’t know what I was up to down here. For all they knew, I was working on a routine related to 2DREAM. Heh. If only they knew. But none of this was for me. It was all for Kang Baekho, a man I had yet to even personally meet. The time would come though. But before it did, I wanted to make sure I had the entire routine done, down, and memorized. I wasn’t about to embarrass myself in front of a living legend, nor was I about to disappoint him. Truth be told, I was thrilled when Ren came to me, asking for help. It made me feel excited towards dancing again, knowing that my skills would be put to use towards something really huge, which would be Kang Baekho’s comeback.

I glanced down at my pocket as I suddenly heard my cellphone ring. I pulled it out and glanced at the caller ID, which was unknown. I blinked, noticing that it was already 11 PM. Who could possibly be calling me at an hour like this? I debated for a moment on whether or not to answer the call and finally gave in.

“Hello?”

“Who is this?” A man’s voice poured out from the speaker.

I paused, holding the phone away from me and staring at it briefly before returning it to my ear. “Who is this?” I repeated the caller’s question.

“Is this Jason?”

“Depends on who’s asking.”

There was a chuckle on the other end of the line. “I take that as a ‘yes.’ This is Minseok, Ren’s older-”

I immediately hung up and threw the phone across the room. The phone slid across the wooden floor until it hit the mirrored wall. I placed my hand over my chest and exhaled deeply as my heart began to beat like a drum. What in the world… Who had just called me? Minseok? Just how did he get my number? Oh my god, oh my god…

The phone started to ring again.

My eyes grew to the size of plates before I screamed and placed both hands on my forehead in a panic. I began to kick my legs out in front of me, freaking the hell out. He was calling again. Oh my god, why was he calling me again? Ahhh, go away... Despite these thoughts, I found my body had a mind of its own and it had actually started to crawl its way over towards my phone. I nervously bit my lower lip before shakily grabbing my phone and answering it again. “H-hello?”

“Well, that was rude.”

I hung up again. I thought I could do this. I thought I could have a decent conversation on the phone with him but alas, I couldn’t. My phone suddenly vibrated. I glanced down and saw that I had received a text message from Minseok. I stared at it in horror as I opened it.

‘Are we going on a date or not?’

I toppled over to the side on the floor. It was one thing when I was hitting on him. It was another thing when he was hitting back. Part of what had made it so easy to flirt with him in the beginning was knowing that the man would continue to reject me. To me, Minseok was one of those guys that was just so perfect that he was untouchable. Kind of like how G-dragon would never notice me, even though that would totally just be so awesome. I knew that I had asked Ren to set this up, but I never actually imagined that it would happen. I was freaking out. I couldn’t go out on a date with Minseok! My body totally wasn’t ready! I began to roll around on the floor, caught up in a state of hysteria. I stopped once I had finally calmed down and sat myself back up. I pursed my lips together and stared down at my phone. I have to reply. I have to turn him down.

‘Hell yeah.’ My fingers typed on autopilot. WTF BRAIN. I slapped my hand over my face.

‘I like your enthusiasm. Tomorrow afternoon sound good to you?’

I silently wept. ‘Yeah.’

‘I’ll drop by the house at 1 then.’

‘Not at the house. Pledis.’

‘Pledis it is then. See you then.’

Oh. Okay. Wait, what just happened? Stupid, stupid brain. I was supposed to turn him down, not agree to go out with him! This was bound to end in disaster! Was I really about to go on a date with that beautiful man tomorrow? I’m not ready. Body not ready. Brain not ready. Oh my god, I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. There was just no possible way I could keep my cool in front of him. I was too much of a loser. I had a bad feeling down in the pit of my stomach; something bad was going to happen tomorrow, wasn’t it?

 

 

Ren’s POV

My entire body went completely numb as I spotted the image of my boyfriend sitting on the living room couch, smiling warmly at me. My heart sank and waves of instantaneous guilt washed over me. I had been living in my own little world while JR was away, hadn’t I? It was almost as if I had completely forgotten about JR with all my thoughts focused on Baekho. In my heart, JR had already been replaced. And here I was, making a fool out of him because he had no idea what was going on. JR, don’t smile at me. I definitely don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve anything from you. I watched as JR stood up and slowly made his way over to me. He knelt down and picked up the books that Minseok had lent me. As he picked them up and turned them over JR read the covers.

“BAHA instructional manual…” JR’s voice trailed off as he glanced up at me. “For one of your kids?” I wordlessly nodded, lying to my boyfriend. He handed it back to me and I clenched them to my chest, quickly spinning around and making my way towards my room. A few seconds later a confused, curly haired brunette walked after me, joining me inside. I couldn’t bear it. I couldn’t face him. I kept my back turned to him as I stood in front of my desk after placing my books down. I felt JR rest the side of his head on my shoulder blades and he laced his arms around my waist. My lower lip trembled as I felt his warm, loving embrace.

I’m terrible. I truly am terrible, aren’t I?

“I missed you… Ren.” JR replied, nuzzling his cheek into my back. I remained silent. I couldn’t bring myself to speak. Eventually my silence on the matter troubled him. JR pulled away and released me, stepping by my side to make direct eye contact with me. For a moment he just stood there without saying anything, almost as if he were studying me. I couldn’t take the staring contest any longer and I was the first to glance away. JR solemnly glanced down before looking back up at me. “You didn’t miss me, did you?”

My eyes widened in shock. I had been caught. JR looked absolutely devastated by my failure to respond. The disappointed, hurt look in his eyes killed me. I had to make this right, didn’t I? Think of something; quick, Ren! “N-no, that’s not it at all. I’m just… tired. I just got back from China today. I didn’t think you would be here until tomorrow.”

A small, sad smile swept across JR’s lips. He reached for both of my shoulders and turned me facing towards him, leaning his head down on my chest. For a moment he was silent again. I could feel something was wrong with him. He seemed really… down. This wasn’t his usual behavior, at least, from what I could remember from last seeing him. JR seemed like he almost wanted to cry. Right as I was about to ask what was wrong JR beat me to it. “I missed this place so much… I was just so homesick.”

I hesitantly brought my hand up and started rubbing his back in circling patterns. “You’re here now, though…”

JR nodded, still resting his head against my chest. “America was hell. The 14 hour rehearsals were brutal. The competition between all the other dancers is fierce. I tried to keep a straight face. I tried not to let anyone know about how I really felt, but it was miserable over there… At the end of the day I found myself sitting alone in my New York City loft in the dark, staring at my phone, debating on whether or not to call and disturb you. I just wanted for you to be with me so much at the end of the night and to be there beside me when the sun rose… it was painful, because you weren’t…”

“JR…” My heart was throbbing with pain.

“I regretted leaving you here. If I had only stayed, maybe we wouldn’t feel so distant now, right?” He asked, startling me. I didn’t know what to say. How should I respond to a question like that? I had wanted for JR to go to New York to chase his dream. I didn’t want to be the person that held his wings back when he was meant to soar. I also knew that if JR had never left, I probably never would have drifted towards Baekho. The two of us would have continued to keep our awkward distance. Baekho would have been utterly alone in that house of his and with JR by my side, I certainly would not have been able to help him with adapting to his hearing loss… As much as I hated to admit this, it almost seemed like JR leaving was meant to be. It was strange how the universe had its way of aligning itself. If JR had never left, we would have never met Jason. Minhyun would have never received the support he did when news broke out about his plastic surgery. All the things that Jason had done for 2DREAM; none of it would have happened. Without Jason, there would be no progression towards Baekho’s comeback, if he would have even agreed to comeback in the first place. Likewise, Jason would still be in hiding, probably still hurting from the past. JR leaving… it was just meant to be… right?

I couldn’t say this to JR though. “You must be tired; you should get some rest.” I replied, trying to change the subject. I pulled away and started to turn. JR reached for my wrist and lightly grabbed me as I took a step away.

“Stay with me.” He replied in an almost pleading voice.

I stared at JR with wide eyes. “JR…”

“Don’t go.” He replied. “I traveled an entire ocean just to see you… don’t go.”

By now my chest was in so much pain it was difficult to breathe. I knew he didn’t mean to, but JR was tugging at my heart strings. Perhaps, maybe if I wasn’t doing anything wrong behind his back it wouldn’t hurt so much, or even. But it was hard… it was hard going on with a guilty conscience. It was hard continuing to lie to JR, even more so in front of his face now. I had promised myself that I would tell JR the truth once he had gotten back, but how could I do that? I forced on a smile and spun around to face him, wrapping my arms back around him.

“I’m glad you’re back.”

JR slowly pulled away and shared an intense gaze with me before I felt him lean in towards me, inching his face closer to mine. I immediately squeezed my eyes shut, my heart rate elevating another 30 beats per minute as I felt the warmth from his body when he drew closer. JR softly brushed his lips against mine then used them to part mine. As I returned his kiss I felt horrible, absolutely horrible. I couldn’t fight it. Old feelings died hard. My body was still used to and attracted to JR, even though my heart seemed to beat faster these days for another. JR brought his hands forward and wrapped them around my waist, pushing deeper into the kiss. Dammit, what was wrong with me? Why couldn’t I fight it? Stop it! Put an end to this right now, Ren-

I felt myself lose all sense of control as JR’s hands crept underneath the hem of my shirt and his warm hands caressed against my soft skin. I reached forward and placed a hand on each side of his face, pulling him in closer to me until he lost footing and toppled onto me. The both of us fell back onto my bed. He climbed over me as I sunk into the comforter. I grabbed the sides of his face again and pulled him onto me. As he was about to aim for my lips again I diverted his path and pushed him down to my neck where he began to leave a trail of wet kisses down until he reached my collarbone. I bit my lower lip, trying to fight the tingling sensation he left each time his lips grazed my skin. Even after all this time, JR still remembered my sensitive spots. He knew this would as much as he knew that there would be no holding me back. Kisses to my neck drove me absolutely wild. I winced my eyes shut and threw my hands beside me onto the bed, tightly gripping the comforter. Fight it. Fight it, Ren. You can’t do this… you shouldn’t… I suddenly felt JR’s right hand start to travel downwards, stopping only momentarily to release the button on my jeans.

My eyes snapped open and I immediately sat up, knocking JR off of me. He tumbled to the floor and glanced up at me with startled eyes. “Did I… do something wrong?” He asked.

I placed both hands over my face, completely humiliated. “I can’t do this, JR.”

JR paused. “Why… why not? Is it too soon?”

My hands fell down to my side and I continued to avert my gaze from him. “I know this isn’t what you expected; I know you probably hoped for some wild, romantic romp when you returned…”

A slight smirk spread across his lips. “A little bit, yes.” He said before it quickly disappeared. He slowly stood himself back up and sat down on the bed beside me, placing his hand over mine and rubbing its surface. “If you don’t want to, I’m not going to force you to do it.”

At that moment I had to fight back the tears that threatened to fall. It seemed like everything wanted to pour out of me at once. Suddenly my small frame began to shake and tremble as a result of trying not to cry.

JR gave me a startled look. “Ren, what’s wrong?”

I shook my head, refusing to look up at him. “I don’t deserve you…”

JR paused again, remaining silent. One quick glance up at him and I could see that his lower lip was trembling. As he caught me looking, he forced a tight smile across his lips and he leaned forward, placing his right hand on my shoulder. “Whatever it is, I’m sure everything’s going to be fine, Ren.” He quietly replied before standing back up. He stood silently for a moment, heavily exhaling before glancing back down at me on the bed. “You seem tired. I’ll sleep out in the guest room tonight… But tomorrow, you’re mine for the entire day, got it?” He said. Although he was trying to sound cheerful the pain in his voice was evident. JR wasn’t a fool; he probably sensed something was going on and was trying his best to ignore it and be strong. It hurt me to see him like this, especially knowing that I was the sole cause of his sudden pain.

I pursed my lips together and silently nodded. “Ok.” I watched as JR waved his hand and walked out. Once he was gone I stared down in my lap, my thoughts racing over what I had just done. I had let JR kiss me and touch me… did that mean I was being unfaithful to Baekho now too? It didn’t seem to matter what it was I did; everything was wrong. I should have listened to Minseok the first time he told me to cut off ties with one of them. Minseok had a lot of experience. He knew the consequences of my actions and was only trying to prevent me from being stuck in this sort of dilemma, but I couldn’t see it at the time and I dismissed him. Why didn’t I listen to my hyung? I was stupid! I was so, so stupid!

I slammed my fist down into my thigh in a fit of rage. I hated myself for being this way. This wasn’t me. This wasn’t who I was. Choi Ren was a good person that helped others with their needs and taught education to the deaf, not some emotionless and cruel player of hearts. Why? Why did it turn out this way? I’m going crazy. I’m absolutely going crazy. I’m such a fool… I paraded around acting like I knew everything, but the truth of the matter was that I knew nothing. Even still, there was one thing that I knew I had to do. I had to break it off with JR before I dug my grave any deeper.

 

 

The next morning I awoke to find that Minhyun and Aron had already left for Pledis. In the note that Minhyun had left behind he had mentioned something about working on recording for an album of theirs, but that I probably wouldn’t be needed at all for the day. At the end of his note he left a winking smiley face to imply that he had purposely cleared my schedule. Oh, Min… I knew your heart was in the right place, but you have no idea how uncomfortable you just made me. Or maybe it was a good thing it turned out this way. Minhyun had basically provided me with a ‘no escape’ situation regarding telling JR the truth. I crumpled the note in my palm. This was it. Today I had to tell him. I’d hate myself for the rest of my life if I didn’t. But since he did come such a long way to see me, I figured I’d do my best to give him this day. It was the very least I could do…

JR’s arms suddenly appeared from behind me and wrapped around my waist as I stood at the kitchen table. I glanced over my shoulder and gave him a surprised look.

“Good morning, beautiful.” He paused. “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to say that… well, truthfully, I could have said it each morning when I glanced in the mirror, but somehow that might be a bit strange…” He joked.

I couldn’t help but smile at his remark. “Yes, that would be strange.”

“Right?” He asked, leaning into me. “I’d rather say it to you.”

“Stop trying to be cute. You’re giving me cavities.” I replied, playfully shivering. JR released me and then smiled.

“You seem like you’re in a better mood today.”

I timidly glanced down. “I’m alright.”

JR leaned against the table. “So, what do you want to do today?” He asked

“Anything you want.” I hesitantly smiled back at him. JR glanced up at the ceiling as if it magically held the answer up there.

“Movies and food? I haven’t seen a movie in forever.” He replied. I nodded.

“Sure.”

 

 

JR’s POV

I held Ren’s hand as we both walked down to the bus station. Before I had left Seoul I had sold my vehicle, rendering us without a ride. Seeing as Ren didn’t even have a license to begin with, we settled on public transportation. I didn’t mind. As long as I was with him it didn’t matter if we had to walk. When the bus had arrived the two of us boarded and settled down together in a row of seats. During the remainder of the ride Ren kept his focus towards the window, watching the scenery. I could tell he was going through great lengths to avoid me. I felt my heart sting. Ever since I arrived yesterday Ren seemed rather distant from me. He didn’t at all seem to be as happy as I thought he’d be to see me. Though deep down, I somewhat knew that this was bound to happen. Judging by the distant tone he’d use when speaking to me on the phone the few times we did, I knew I couldn’t expect any different from him when I arrived.

My relationship with Ren… it was falling apart, wasn’t it?

Was it… my fault?

I knew I should have never left. If I hadn’t of left, the two of us would have still been happy. Now we were far from it. Although I was glad to be back in my home country, it was painful at the same time. Ren wasn’t happy and that thought just killed me. I wanted to be the one that brought him happiness, not discomfort. It hurt when he rejected me last night. I played it off as if it were nothing, but on the inside my heart was ripping apart. Although we were finally back together now, Ren’s heart had already left me, hadn’t it? Was there no way of receiving it back? Was it really gone… forever?

I sadly glanced down into my lap. I was wasting my time here, wasn’t I? I shouldn’t have come back… Ren, he didn’t want me anymore, did he? I could tell by the distant look on his face and his awkward body behavior around me. In the past this was never an issue. We used to connect so naturally, even before we had started dating. Although I could tell he was trying to hide his true emotions, everything was so crystal clear. Ren didn’t love me anymore…

Should I give it one last try? One last attempt to win his heart back?

I glanced back over at Ren who was still staring out of the window. I had known Ren for so long. We had been best friends since we were teenagers. I had fallen for him the first time I saw him but had always kept silent because I feared this kind of situation. I was afraid that either he wouldn’t feel the same way, or that he would, but if and when it ended, our relationship even as friends would be put in jeopardy. If Ren and I broke up… could we still be friends? I didn’t know if I had it in me. The thought of not having Ren in my life was painful, just as the thought of having him still in it was equally painful as well. I was confused. I wish I had the answer to this conflicted situation but I didn’t. What should I do?

Ren started to stand up, shaking me from my thoughts. “We’re here.”

I smiled at him. “Let’s go.” I stood up, grabbing his hand and leading the way out of the bus, tugging him along behind me. When we arrived at the movie theater I let Ren pick out whatever he wanted from the concession stand but he refused, saying that he wasn’t hungry. I left it at that and we entered our movie. We climbed into a row of seats and quietly sat. During the middle of the movie I glanced over at Ren. Although he appeared to be looking at the screen, it looked like his mind was elsewhere. I pursed my lips together as my heart sank deeper and deeper. There really was no saving this, was there? A small, sad smile spread across my lips as I glanced down at my lap.

You tried, JR.

I fought the tears that threatened to fall from the corners of my eyes. I tried. I really did give our relationship one last attempt. But it was time to let go, wasn’t it? There was no saving this; no saving us. There was no use forcing another person to hold on when they had clearly already let go. I couldn’t be that horrible a person. I couldn’t sacrifice Ren’s happiness for my own. I couldn’t be that selfish. These were probably the same thoughts racing through Ren’s own mind now, weren’t they? He was probably thinking the same thoughts I was, only, knowing Ren, he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. He had always been that way. He had always been afraid of disappointing others… The end of this relationship; it would be up to me, wouldn’t it?

I reached over and grabbed for Ren’s hand one last time, rubbing my fingers across his knuckles. I’m going to let you go, Ren… but please, can we have one last good time together before we part? That’s all I ask. Let’s leave with good memories. Only then can I let you go peacefully. Ren turned his attention towards me, glancing at me in the dark as he felt my hand on his. Almost as if he were reading my mind, he gave me a small, sad smile. I slightly smiled back at him. I really, really did love you, Ren…

 

 

Later that evening after returning home from our quiet, not so eventful date, Ren went straight to his room. I hadn’t brought up the topic of calling us quits yet. I wasn’t quite sure when the right time for that would be. Should I wait, or was now the opportune golden time? Breaking up was never an easy thing to do. Life never prepared you for such moments. There was no guide or manual. We humans just had to figure it out on our own. After a while of lifelessly standing alone in the center of the living room, staring at the floor while trying to piece together my thoughts, I finally settled on following him. When I entered his room it was empty. He had probably left for the restroom. While waiting for him to return so that we could discuss the topic of us, I took a seat down on the edge of his bed. My thoughts began to roam again while I stared down at my folded hands in my lap. I didn’t want to do this… I wanted to hold on at least a bit longer. But I couldn’t back out now, could I? I had already made up my mind. I didn’t want to cause Ren anymore suffering by asking him to continue to pursue our long distance relationship-

I slightly jumped when I heard Ren’s phone vibrate on his desk. I slightly turned my head and glanced at it. He had received a text message. I knew better than to look, but curiosity caught the better of me. After all, it was probably nothing. Ren knew a lot of people; he was a teacher, it was his career. Receiving a text wasn’t anything strange at all. I glanced over at the screen.

‘R U home?’

I paused for a second. Who was texting Ren? I glanced up at the sender’s name. As I did so, my eyes widened in shock. Texting my boyfriend was none other than the man I had been most concerned about leaving him around with.

‘When R U coming 2 visit? I h8 the hospital.’

I narrowed my eyes, glaring down at the phone as Kang Baekho continued to send text after text. I scoffed; the nerve! Who did he think he was to just- I paused as another text came in.

‘I miss U.’

My stomach sank as I read the last heart-wrenching text. A wave of shock washed over me. I leaned forward and grabbed at my chest with my right hand as it constricted with pain, rendering it difficult to breathe. I hysterically gasped for air, taking in several small inhales. It felt like I was suffocating. My worst fear, my worst nightmareit came true. So this was it? This was the reason why Ren had fallen out of love with me? The cause for all of his strange behavior? Because of Kang Baekho?

I knew it.

To think that I was about to let Ren go because I felt sorry to him when in reality, Ren was the one who should be feeling sorry towards me. I felt stupid. I knew that this would happen. I ing knew it would happen! I had brought my concerns to the surface several times, and each time, Ren insisted that my worries were unfounded, and that nothing was going on. Was this what he called ‘nothing’? Was playing with my heart, lying to me, what he considered ‘nothing’? My heart was breaking. It felt like it was shattering into millions of little pieces and all I could do was just sit back and watch…

I gripped my fist in my lap. No. If he thinks I’m going to just sit here and continue be everyone’s fool, he’s gravely mistaken. I shakily stood up on my two legs and wobbled out of the room before Ren had returned. I’m going to make him pay for betraying me like this. I’m going to make them both pay! I exited the mansion and stomped my way back to the bus station, riding it all the way to the hospital in Seoul where I climbed off. I angrily stormed inside of the hospital building and approached the front desk, glaring down hard at the receptionist.

“Can I help you-”

“Kang Baekho’s room number.” I demanded.

She hesitantly paused. “Are you friends or family?”

“Friend.” I spat with venom in my voice.

“Can you provide proof-”

“His real name is Kang Dong Ho.” I replied. Only Pledis personnel were officially informed about Baekho’s true identity. It was impossible for anyone else to know this information about him. She hesitantly gave me his number and I practically ran all the way there, not stopping until I reached the closed door to his room. For a couple of minutes I stood outside in the hallway, angrily glaring at his name that was written beside the door. I felt so betrayed. I felt so outraged. I wanted to march inside that room of his and strangle him. I was so caught up in my inner turmoil that I failed to notice the sound of footsteps approaching me from down the hall.

“So he finally told you, didn’t he?” Minseok’s voice startled me from the side. I glanced over and saw him standing beside me in his long white coat, his arms folded across his chest. My eyes were immediately drawn to a bandage that he had over his nose but I disregarded it. I stared at him in disbelief.

“You knew about this?” I asked.

Minseok gave me a puzzled look before staring at me with wide eyes. “He… didn’t tell you yet, did he?”

I exhaled heavily. The amount of pain I was in was unbelievable. Minseok knew about Ren cheating on me? Who else knew? Did Minhyun and Aron know as well? “I’m such a fool…”

“JR,” Minseok stood directly in front of me. “Why are you here?”

“I want to rip his ing throat out.”

“Don’t do something you’ll regret later on.” Minseok replied.

“Why not?!” I snapped. “He thinks just because he’s a star, he can do whatever the he wants?! That guy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth! Everything was just handed to him… he can’t just take whatever he wants, people included! Ren wasn’t his to take!!!”

“JR-”

“He has no idea what it’s like to struggle! Everything in life was just handed to him!” I screamed at Minseok. “He hates the hospital? Ha, shall I arrange to it that he never leaves?!!!”

“JR!” Minseok snapped back at me. “Stop it.”

I glared at him. “Why should I? You covered for Ren’s lies; that makes you just as terrible as the both of them.”

“Baekho can’t hear.” Minseok suddenly replied, catching me off guard.

“W-what?” I asked, startled.

“The accident left him severely hearing impaired. Ever since then, Ren has been helping take care of him.” Minseok said, narrowing his eyes at me. “I know my little brother; he’s not the heartless being you imagine him to be. I’m certain what you’re going through right now is painful, but I assure you, what happened between the two of them was a complete accident.”

My mind was completely blown. Kang Baekho… couldn’t hear? I stared at Minseok in disbelief. “Accident aside, you all still lied to me. There are some things that just can’t be forgiven.” I replied, turning my back to him and marching down the hall, changing my mind about seeing Baekho. Hearing this startling fact about him gave me a lot to think about. I wasn’t ready to face him. As I neared the end of the hall, I spun around and glanced back at Minseok still standing in the center of the hallway in front of Baekho’s room. “Don’t tell Ren or Baekho that I know.” I warned before turning back around and leaving angrily.

 

 

Jason’s POV

As the clock grew closer to 1 PM the more anxious I became. Part of me believed that this was all some sort of cruel, cruel joke that Minseok and Ren were playing on me. God knew I deserved it, but even still, there’s a limit! Minseok wasn’t really going to show, was he? Regardless, just in case he did, I still managed to get myself ready for our ‘date.’ I drew on a black dress shirt halfway buttoned up and some long dark jeans. I adorned my neck and fingers with several pieces of jewelry from my CHROME HEARTZ collection that I adored, spiked my hair up and sprayed on some faint cologne. After I got dressed I went into hiding. As in, I literally stuffed myself inside of the closet inside one of the offices inside of the Pledis building. The front receptionist noticed my odd behavior and stood up from her desk, slowly making her way over to the closet where she opened it and peered inside.

“What are you doing in there?”

“Hiding.”

“From who?” She blinked.

“A beautiful man.”

She looked at me like I was crazy. Just then the sound of the front door to the building opening distracted her. I could hear faint footsteps drawing closer and closer to the closet. The receptionist grew quiet as she literally look star struck at the individual standing in front of her. Her jaw slightly dropped.

“Excuse me; I’m looking for someone that works here that goes by the name of Jas-”

The receptionist pointed inside of the halfway open closet door in awestruck. Minseok stepped in front of her and suddenly peered inside. “Boo.”

I shrieked then jumped. “Don’t scare me!” I exclaimed.

Minseok blinked. “You knew I was standing there the entire time… heh.” He chuckled, finding joy out of my misfortune. “Are you ready to go?” He surprisingly didn’t question my odd behavior. I hesitantly nodded then stepped outside of the closet. He smirked at me and then threw his arm around my shoulders, leaning against me as we walked out. My eyes widened to the size of plates. What in the world was he doing? Oh my god… he’s touching me…! I shivered. Keep cool, Jason. Keep cool. No one finds a spazzing thirty-year old attractive.

I followed Minseok outside, allowing (more like enjoying) him to wrap his arm around me as we walked. I nervously glanced up at him. “Um. Yeah… I forgot to ask where we’re going.”

Minseok stopped in his tracks. “You mean you don’t know?”

I shook my head.

“I could be leading you to an abandoned warehouse where I could have my way with you, for all you know.”

Please do. “Um… um…”

Minseok laughed. “Of course that’s not what I’m going to do. I’m a gentleman.”

Dammit…

“Are you nervous?” He asked, leaning in closely to me, hardly giving me any personal space. By now I was literally freaking the freak out.

I’ve been caught! Abort mission! Jason, run!

“You sure weren’t shy those other times.” He replied, pulling away from me. He glanced out into the city, placing his index finger on his chin and tapping it a few times lost in thought. “I’m afraid I’m not much fun to hang out with.” He led me towards his car and opened the passenger side door for me. I obediently climbed inside and took a seat. Minseok circled the car and climbed inside the driver’s seat, buckling up. “People tell me I’m a bore.”

“People tell me I’m ‘too much.’ Does that count for something?”

Minseok smirked. “I’m afraid I don’t have too much time to devote to you today. We’ll have to make this date of ours short. I have to get back to the hospital quite soon to tend to a patient.”

“It’s Kang Baekho, right?” I asked, receiving a surprised look from Minseok. “Well, Ren told me everything after asking me to help him.”

“He asked you to help Baekho? Hmm… so this was the favor he called in for, was it?”

“To be honest I didn’t think you’d respond.”

“Why not?” Minseok asked, putting on his dark sunglasses. “You’re cute.”

I’m dead. He’s doing this on purpose to ruffle my feathers, isn’t he? I remained silent and forced my gaze down into my lap as I turned red. This . Being nervous like this totally wasn’t my style. I was usually the one endlessly flirting, trying to intimidate my date, not the other way around! I wasn’t a shy guy. I always made the first move. I always overstepped my boundaries. So why was I like this with Minseok? It was probably because he was the most gorgeous guy I had ever met that was even remotely close to my style. Although Minseok was calm and collected, he had a bit of a rock star vibe to him. His clothing style was similar to mine. The way he carried himself was so laid back and relaxed without a care in the world… it spoke to me.

“Do you like coffee?”

“CAFFEINE!” I immediately blurted out, slamming my hands over my mouth in embarrassment. Dammit, Jason, tone it down for once for heaven’s sakes! Minseok began to laugh.

“I take that as a ‘hell yes’ then.”

I silently nodded, my hands still covering my mouth. If I could just go and dig a hole outside and just climb inside and die… I think I’d call it my ‘dying hole.’ I’ll go out to my dying hole and just die. It seemed a lot easier than to carry on with this date. Minseok drove us further into Seoul and parked outside of a small café that had tables and seating outside as well as inside. As soon as he stopped the car he climbed outside and opened my door for me, holding his hand out and waiting for me to take it. I stared up at it in shock. I had never been treated this way before. It was almost as if I was a girl… wait, did Minseok see me as the woman in this possible relationship? I started growing erted thoughts inside of my head. If he saw me as the girl, then that automatically made Minseok a top-

Growing tired of waiting for me, Minseok took my hand in his and pulled me up out of my seat. Once I was up he released my hand and placed his on the small of my back, lightly urging me forward. We approached one of the tables outside. Minseok pulled a chair out and insisted that I sit. Impressive… I took a seat first underneath the large, fancy umbrella’s shade. Minseok sat down in front of me on the opposite side of the circular table. As we sat a waitress rushed over and took our order, quickly disappearing and leaving the two of us alone.

“So, tell me, Jason. What do you plan on doing to help Baekho?” He asked.

“Huh?”

“What can you do?”

I smirked. “Everything.”

“Everything?” Minseok raised a brow.

“I composed his comeback song and am currently in the stage of producing the choreography for it. I’m actually living at the studio right now just to devote all of my time to it.” I replied.

“I’m impressed.”

“Really?”

“I’d like to hear what sounds you’re capable of making.” Minseok pulled his sunglasses off and winked at me. I felt the blood rushing to my face again.

“Oh my god-” . I covered my mouth again. Did I really just say my thoughts out loud again? Put a lid on it, Jason! Good god, man. Control yourself. Regardless, Minseok seemed to get a good laugh out of my reaction. He’s totally playing with me, isn’t he? I’m nothing but an amusing plaything or toy to him, aren’t I?

“Who knows, maybe your body has a few moves I’ve never seen before.” He leaned in seductively across the table. My pants suddenly felt tighter. Oh, how embarrassing… not in public! My thoughts were interrupted when the waitress arrived and placed down two small porcelain cups of coffee and disappeared once again. I needed a distraction. I immediately wrapped both hands around the cup and brought it to my lips. As I felt the burning hot liquid scorch my lips I jumped back in my seat and shrieked.

“Are you alright?!” Minseok asked. I nodded and started lowering my cup. As I did so Minseok looked at me with wide eyes before he started chuckling.

“It’s not funny…” I moped. Minseok tried to stifle his amusement by leaning forward on the table with his elbow, covering his mouth with his hand, but it was useless. He only started to laugh even more. “What’s so funny?!”

“You.” He replied.

“Me?” I blinked.

Minseok picked up his spoon and held it up in front of me. In the reflection of the utensil it revealed that I had a whipped cream mustache on my upper lip. My eyes widened in horror. Could this day get any worse?!?! I immediately brought both hands to my face. Minseok quickly dropped the spoon and let it hit the table before grabbing both of my wrists to prevent me from wiping it away. He stood up from his chair and knelt across the table, drawing closer and closer to me with his lips. My heart was racing so fast it felt like it would burst through my chest at any given minute. In a brief moment of panic I sat back and shook my right hand free, pulling it backwards before spastically forming a fist and bringing it forwards, slamming my knuckle directly into Minseok’s nose.

Oh my god… what have I just done…?

Minseok froze then immediately pulled back, falling backwards into his chair and bringing both hands up to his nose. I stared at Minseok in horror as blood trickled down from his face and onto his open white button down shirt. I leapt up to my feet.

“I-I’m so, so sorry! I-” I didn’t know what else to say. All I could think of to do in a situation such as this was run. I bowed deeply before taking off at the speed of light. How humiliating. How embarrassing! How could I completely just lose control like that? I just punched a flawless looking man in the face! And for what reason? Because he tried to make a move on me? I was a hopeless case, a lost cause. Minhyun was right; maybe there was a reason why I was still single. I was crazy, out of my mind. I dashed around the gated fence around the outside of the café and made a run for it down the street, completely abandoning Minseok. Ohhh, I’m so sorry, Minseok!!!!

 

 

After feeling completely dejected and being far too humiliated to show my face back around Pledis or the mansion, I spent the rest of the day outside roaming the streets. I purposely shut my phone off to avoid having to see any angry texts from Minseok or perhaps Ren, if he had told him. Who was I kidding? Minseok totally told Ren and right now the two were probably on a manhunt trying to find me. I gasped when I thought up all the possibilities of what they might do to get back at me. Needless to say I was scared of the Choi siblings right now. The city of Seoul wasn’t a safe place to be, especially if your name was ‘Jason.’ I sullenly made my way through downtown, stumbling across the night club district. There were literally hundreds of people loitering in the streets. I sighed heavily; it couldn’t hurt to join them, now could it? I needed something to do to take my mind off of the shameful thing that I had done earlier. What better than booze and music?

I entered into one of the nightclubs and went straight for the bar. I sat down on one of the several empty stools and ordered a drink. As I waited I closed my eyes and let the loud, obnoxious music blaring from the speakers flood my ears. Startled, I opened them when I felt someone topple beside me, accidentally spilling their drink on my lap. I immediately jumped back in my seat and stepped away from the drunken, short, curly haired brunette that was leaning on the bar counter beside me. I narrowed my eyes at him and then scooted a chair away. There was absolutely no way I was about to deal with drunks when I myself wasn’t even inebriated, or at least not yet. Apparently the guy seemed to miss the memo about personal space and he stood back up and sat down in the stool next to me.

“Bartender!” He exclaimed, slapping the palm of his hand against the bar counter. “Another.” He replied and began to sway to the music with his eyes closed. I scoffed, looking at him in disgust.

“Do you have a problem?”

The curly haired brunette paused then spun around in his stool to face me. “Actually, yeah!”

I turned my side to him. I so wasn’t going to listen to some drunk-

“I just found out my boyfriend was cheating on me.”

I paused. Cheating boyfriend…? Just then the bartender placed my drink down in front of me. A devilish smirk spread across my lips before I lifted up the glass and tilted it over into my lips. I finished the shot in one go. I turned back to face him, placing the glass back down on the counter. I leaned in closer. “Care to tell me about it?” I asked with interest. Victims of cheating boyfriends were always the easiest to reel in. After experiencing that devastating blow today with Minseok, I could use an easy target like this fellow.

His drink arrived and he took a sip. He made a loud exhaling noise after taking a drink. “He cheated on me while I was away overseas. Can you believe it? I was only gone for six months! Who knows how long he’s been doing it…”

“Screw him; he’s not worth it. You need to find yourself a guy that won’t play with your heart.”

“No kidding.” He replied, taking another sip from his drink. He paused for a moment before debating to take another swig, this time downing the rest of it. I ordered another shot and joined him in downing it. When I finished I slammed the small glass back down on the counter and wobbly hopped out of my chair.

“Wanna dance?”

The brunette scoffed. “I know I can; think you can keep up?” He asked, standing up.

I raised a brow seductively. “Is that a challenge?”

“Depends. If you think you can take me.” He drunkenly smirked. I circled around him and grabbed him by his shirt collar, dragging him to the dance floor with me as 2NE1’s ‘I’m the Best’ started blasting from the speakers. We stopped dead center. As soon as the beat started playing the brunette started moving his body impressively to the music with skill. I might have been buzzed, but I was actually impressed. The guy, whoever he was, could move. But his moves were nothing compared to mine. I began to move my body to the music. It wasn’t long until the two of us were engaged in a highly skilled and heated dance battle and everyone had cleared a radius around us. As the song ended the two of us were panting for breath while the crowd around us cheered.

“I believe I just did.” I replied, holding my head up high and pretending to walk away. It was up to him to take the bait…

“Rematch.” As he finished, 4minute’s ‘What’s Your Name’ started blasting through the club. I amusedly crossed my arms over my chest.

“You sure? I wouldn’t want to embarrass you twice in a row.”

“You called it.” He smirked before moving his body to the beat. I didn’t wait for him to finish his turn before I started up again. I swiftly swirled around him, drawing my body closer to his. I rocked my hips to the rhythm, grinding up against his waist. This was a move he seemed to rather enjoy. He began to match his moves to mine, dancing with me rather than alone and trying to compete. I spun around and placed my right hand on his cheek, bringing my left leg up against his waist and leaning into him teasingly, drawing back. The brunette spun me around and reached forward and grabbed me by my hips, grinding his pelvis against my rear. I let him have his fun and played along with him, moving my hips to match with his movement as I leaned down and forward. I stood back up and placed my index finger on his chin, trailing it down his neck and chest as I started to walk away from him, forcing him to turn with me. As the song ended I grabbed him by his shirt once again and pulled him up against me.

For a moment the two of us shared a heated gaze. “Do you want to get him back?” He continued to stare intensely at me until firmly taking me by my wrist and dragging me with him through the crowd of dancing bodies. He drug me into the bathroom and pulled me into one of the stalls, literally slamming me against the wall. He immediately began attacking my exposed flesh, on the skin around my neck and collar bone. “UMF!”

He slammed me against the wall again, this time grabbing both ends of my shirt and angrily ripping it open, buttons popping everywhere. I threw my head back against the stall and ran my fingers through his soft curly brown hair as his tongue traveled down my chest. I began to pant and moan heavily as he neared my abdomen. I grabbed his shirt near his shoulders and lifted him back up. I slammed my lips down on his. He pounded both of his fists above my head against the stall, rattling the metal doors as he hungrily devoured my lips. I lowered my hands and unclasped his belt buckle and smirked.

Who said tonight had to end badly after all?

 

 

Ren’s POV

I returned back to my room after leaving to wash my face. To be completely honest, the date together with JR had been so nerve wracking and uncomfortable that for the longest while I simply sat on the bathroom floor, debating on whether or not to come out. I knew I needed to bring up the topic about Baekho and the issue about our own relationship but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I had promised myself that I would do it today, but it was already night time and I still hadn’t done anything. I was just a big coward, wasn’t I?

I sat down on my bed and sighed. Surely I’ll have to do it before the week is over and JR goes back. I would have to keep on trying, day by day if I had to. This needed to be done. I couldn’t go on lying to him. I glanced over at my phone that I had left lying on my desk. I reached for it and turned it on. I paused when I realized that I had missed messages from Baekho. Before opening them I glanced over my shoulder to see if JR was anywhere nearby. When I realized the coast was clear I tapped them open and smiled.

‘R U home?’ ‘When R U coming 2 visit? I h8 the hospital.’ ‘I miss U.’

I began to type away.

‘JR’s in town. Soon.’ I replied. I waited for a couple of minutes until I finally received a text back from Baekho.

‘Have U told him yet?’

‘Not yet.’

There was another period of silence before he finally responded. ‘R U kidding me?’

‘I will, I promise. Please, give me time. It’s not easy.’

‘I h8 this.’

‘I know. I’m sorry.’

‘I need U.’

I felt my heart start to race. ‘Why do you need me?’

‘I can’t do this without U.’

I paused. ‘Can’t or won’t?’

‘Both.’

I melted on the inside. ‘We’ll be together soon.’

‘Don’t make me w8 2 long.’

‘I promise. Good night, Baekho.’ I texted him and then laid down on my back in bed, closing my eyes. I reopened them when I felt my phone vibrate in my hand.

‘Goodnight, beautiful.’  He texted back. I blushed ferociously and placed my phone down on the empty space beside me. I miss you too, Baekho…

 

 

The next morning I joined both Minhyun and Aron at the table for breakfast. Like usual, Aron was scrolling through his phone and ignoring the rest of the outside world around him. Minhyun, playing the usual role of housewife that he did, finished up at the stove and began placing dishes down on the table in front of us. When he was done he sat down in the chair across from mine and leaned forward on his elbows, smiling at me. I tried to ignore him but his curious gaze was far too strong to ignore. I sighed heavily and glanced up at him.

“Is there something on your mind, Minhyun?”

Minhyun smirked. “Why, I’m glad you asked, Ren. How was your date with JR yesterday?”

Somehow I knew he was going to ask me that question. “It was alright.”

“Alright?” The smile on Minhyun’s lips faded into a frown. “That doesn’t sound too good… is everything alright between the two of you?”

I sighed once again. “I don’t know.”

Minhyun paused. “That’s far too many audible sighs than I would like… If you guys need something, don’t hesitate to ask-”

Aron snorted. “What could you possibly give them, Min?”

Minhyun glared at Aron by his side. “Relationship advice!”

“Yeah, that’s exactly what they need. A nagging pop star in their ears.”

“Aron Kwak, go be a jerk somewhere else!” Still glancing at his phone screen, Aron quietly stood and exited the kitchen, leaving the two of us alone. When he was gone Minhyun shook his head. “The fact that he actually listened… Ugh, what do I do with that one?”

I laughed. “You’d be bored without him.”

“No, Jason takes care of that.”

I glanced around. “Is he still living over at Pledis?”

Minhyun nodded. “It appears so. Why?” He asked, giving me an interrogating look. “Don’t tell me you actually miss him.”

“Isn’t he your BFF?”

Minhyun sighed. “Don’t remind me.”

“It’s just… weird without him around. It’s too quiet.” I replied.

“Enjoy the peace while it lasts. Knowing him, it won’t last long. He’s always up to something.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” At that moment a tired, lifeless looking JR suddenly emerged into the kitchen. He sat down in an empty chair at the table while rubbing his head. I stared at him in shock. He looked like an absolute wreck. What in the world…

“You look like Enrique after Mel’s had his way with him.” Minhyun said, staring at JR with wide eyes. JR winced as Minhyun spoke. “Did you drink last night?”

I continued to watch JR with wide eyes. Drink? When would JR have gone out to drink? I thought that he went to sleep around the same time I did… unless I was wrong. But what would drive JR to sneak out late at night and do such a thing? I thought our date had seemed quite normal. He never showed any signs of not having a good time…

“Can you drop it?” JR replied.

Minhyun pursed his lips together in annoyance and let his remark slide. He turned to face me. “Anyways, Pledis got in a whole new line of designer clothes since Aron and I will be filming for our music video soon. JB wants for you to come down to the office and take a look at them and see what you come up with. Oh, and you can visit that annoying little redhead of ours too since you miss him so much.” He teased.

“I don’t miss him-”

Minhyun ignored my protests and glanced back over to JR. “Our choreographer is currently living at the dance studio, it seems. If you want to meet him, now is the opportune time. You can go with Ren when he goes down to the office.”

JR blankly stared at Minhyun. It was obvious he was still hung over. “Why would I want to meet him?”

Minhyun shrugged. “To see who they replaced you with?”

“Not interested.” JR replied.

“Well, that’s okay. He’s a far better choreographer than you ever were.” I glanced back over at Minhyun who had a small smirk on his face. He knew what he was doing. He was purposely trying to push JR’s buttons.

JR scoffed. “Better? We’ll see about that.”

Minhyun mouthed the word ‘victory’ towards me. I sighed then silently shook my head. Great, Minhyun just bought another awkward encounter for JR and I. Minhyun, you and I really need to have a talk later. I know you’re trying to help, but…

JR stood up and left the two of us at the table, heading back towards the guest room. I cautiously stood up and followed him, stepping inside before he got the chance to shut the door. He tiredly looked at me before averting his gaze. His body behavior just now… it seemed… strange. I tilted my head to the side and was about to question him when he walked over to his bed and threw himself back down. He grabbed the pillow and dug his face deeply into it. I paused. What was his problem this morning? Ever since he showed his face he was in a bitter mood. I marched over to the side of his bed and took a seat, fervently tapping his shoulder.

“JR, get up.”

JR groaned.

“JR!” I snapped. JR’s head shot up.

“What?”

I scoffed, offended. “What is going on with you?”

“Nothing.”

“JR-”

“Stop acting like you care.” He muttered, sitting up. I sat back, startled.

“What do you mean, ‘stop acting like I care’? Since when have I ever had to act around you?”

JR chuckled as he for some reason found my comment amusing. “I don’t know. Since when, Ren?” He asked. I stared at him for about a minute trying to figure out the meaning behind his words. I felt my heart stop. Was it possible that JR… knew? But… how? I hadn’t said anything about it to him yet. The others didn’t know about my secret not-yet relationship with Baekho. The only person that did know was my brother, Minseok-

My phone suddenly rang in my pocket. JR winced in pain and covered his ears, digging his face back down into the pillow. I pulled my phone out and read the caller ID. Speak of the devil… I quickly answered it.

“Minseok, I’m glad you called. I need to ask you someth-”

“No. Absolutely no more favors, Ren.” Minseok abruptly cut me off. I paused then blinked.

“What are you talking about?”

“Your last ‘little favor’ ended up breaking my nose yesterday afternoon.”

“He what?!” I exclaimed.

“I’ve done some crazy things for you in the past, Ren, but I’m calling it quits. I’m not going to get involved in your ridiculous antics anymore.”

“Hyung-”

“I’m done, Minki!” Minseok practically screamed. “When you’ve finally grown up come apologize to me properly. You know where to find me.”

“Wait, Minseok, please-” It was too late. He had already hung up. I let my hand fall down into my lap then pursed my lips together. I glanced over at JR who was lazily trying to suffocate himself with the pillow. I tapped him roughly on the shoulder again. “Get up. We’re going down to Pledis, now.” I ordered, standing up and quickly exiting my room. Jason, you and I need to have a little talk about what you did to my brother and what you tried to get away with.

 

 

A couple of hours later after successfully managing to sober JR up enough to drag him out of the house, the two of us arrived at the Pledis building. As soon as we entered we walked straight past the receptionist that recognized JR and tried to say hello but wasn’t given the chance and climbed straight down the staircase into the dance studio. We walked into a room blasting with a musical score from the speakers. Jason was busily matching his moves to the music, running from all sides of the room. Being lost inside of his own little world like he usually was he failed to notice the two of us standing behind him in the back of the room until the music cut off. When the song was over he finally spotted my reflection in the mirror. A big smile spread across his face as he spun around.

“Ren!” He exclaimed happily before abruptly pausing. The smile on his face suddenly faded. He looked past me and over my shoulder, staring directly at JR. I ignored this look. It wasn’t anything unusual for Jason to gawk at another man. Why would JR be excluded?

“Do you mind explaining the angry phone call I just received from my hyung?” I asked accusingly.

Jason gave me a startled look as he tore his gaze away from JR. “W-what?”

“Playing dumb won’t work this time, Jason. For god’s sakes, you broke his nose!” I exclaimed. Jason seemed to ignore my last remark as he was looking back over at JR again. I angrily sighed, reaching backwards for JR’s wrist and pulling him forward to hurry up and get this out of the way. “This is JR, my boyfriend. JR, this is Jason, 2DREAM’s new choreographer.”

Jason’s eyes suddenly grew wide and his body went strangely rigid.

JR extended his arm out forward and held his hand out for him to take. “Nice to meet you, Jason.” The two quietly locked gazes as Jason hesitantly accepted and shook his hand. 

“Nice to meet you too.”