beautifly happy.

a b2utiful engagement. {Hiatus}

::ShinHee::

He grabbed my hand as we began to walk down the street. “Bwoh?” I asked him with a slight edge in my voice.

He looked down and then forward seeming to ignore me completely. “Would you rather me not do anything at all? If we walk down the streets separate then guys are going to be eyeing you up and down.”

I bit at my bottom lip. Would they really? I’m not that special.

“And I know what you’re thinking; do you know that you’re gorgeous?”

My feet stopped. No one outside of my family had ever told me that.

He turned to me waving his free hand in my face. “Earth to ShinHee, are you there?”

I blinked and shook it off, “Sorry, I’m just…”

“Recovering from realizing you’re beautiful.”

I looked at him with an awed expression and he just chucked to himself.

“Most girls will tell themselves that they’re not pretty or beautiful enough because they lack self confidence. But I think you are a little different. You simply don’t know.”

I struggle to regain my voice. “But-but no one’s ever told me that before.”

He tugs at my hand dragging me alongside him. “Every girl needs to know she is beautiful. Every girl needs to try keeping her faith in what makes her happy too. Happiness is also beautiful.”

The wall that I’ve been trying so hard to build starts to crack. He knows almost exactly what to say to me.

“I may need to do things with my group, and you’re more than welcome to join, but the most important thing is that you enjoy your stay in Korea.” He squeezes my fingers lightly and a wave of warmth blankets my body.

 

::3rd POV (a few years ago)::

“Halmunee, do I reaaaaally have to get married?” the young boy asked the white haired woman.

She smiled softly taking the boy in her lap. “Come on, sing for me.”

He looked at her pursing his lips. “You’re changing the subject again.”

She chuckled at the boy. “I know, I know. It’s just been a while since I’ve heard you sing.”

“I’ll sing if you show me her again.”

The woman laughed picking up the photo album from the side of her nightstand. “Why don’t I give you something instead?”

He tilted his head to the side trying to look into the book. “What’re you doing?”

She took a photo from a sleeve and handed it to the boy.

“You must protect her with everything you can. A girl is a precious thing. You must take care of her and never let her be sad.”

The boy took the photo and gazed at the girl. She was smiling and waving at the camera with a pink bow in her hair. For a six-year-old, it was love at first sight.

“Halmunee, can I keep this?!”

She nodded and the boy smiled giving her a hug.

“I’ll sing you any song you like, and I’ll sing another for ShinHee.”

He held the picture in his fingers grasping the edges as he sang. At that moment he decided that He would protect her, no matter what. Even if he didn’t know the girl, it was his job to make her happy. He gave his grandmother a toothless grin and made a promise to the girl.

“ShinHee, I will make you smile.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sorry it's so short TT_TT (and really late) I'll try to do better next time.

meng.