Wonder Girls? BEAST? ...who?

a b2utiful engagement. {Hiatus}

If you want to open these up in a new tab and listen while reading, these are the songs that he plays for ShinHee...in order.

First: Fiction

Second: Beautiful

Third: Freeze

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

::YoSeob::

I took ShinHee’s hand pulling her down the hall and to the front door. I thought we could beat Nuna, I was actually sure of it. I felt my foot hit the doorframe and without warning I was suddenly crushed.

“YoSeobie~!” I my heel; there was really no point in pretending I didn’t hear that ear piercing scream.

“Nuna!” I cheered, fake smile at the ready. I really just wanted her to leave me alone; sadly she never got the hint.

“And just where do you think you lovely doves are going so early?” she sang folding her arms across her waist.

“We were just…” I felt like I was caught lying. I knew way more than I was willing to share and once Nuna caught a whiff of it, it would all go downhill…despite my efforts.

“Unnie, we’re going to the history and arts museum in Seoul,” ShinHee answered in a soft tone. It was so sweet and soothing that I began to lose myself in her presence. She was just so, comforting.

“Eww, count me out.”

My attention was directed back to HaeYeon and I found a sense of relief in her words. Luckily she hated trivial things such as history and art. “Just run off to your happily ever after together.” She pushed us out the door slamming it shut.

“That was…” ShinHee began and then looked to me. “Unnie is a little strange,” she sighed wrinkling her nose.

Look who’s talking.

I grabbed her hand twisting my fingers around hers. “We should take the subway. It’ll be faster.”

Her hand lightly squeezed mine. “I’ve never been on a subway before,” she said bashfully.

“You what?!”

“Well there aren’t any subways in the part of the US where I live, and Halapoji doesn’t let me travel.”

“That’s crazy. You’re old enough to take care of yourself,” I teased lowering my sunglasses to my eyes.

She sighed heavily and I titled my head towards her. “What is it?”

She shook her head slightly. “You wore sunglasses yesterday too.”

I laughed uneasily at this. Duh. It’s because I’m an idol. You’re pretend fiancé is kinda famous. “Like I said, I suffer from headaches caused by light.”

She because quiet and looked further down the road.

“So do you like Korean culture?” I asked trying to fill the silence.

She shrugged. “I think it’s beautiful, and classic, but that’s only what I’ve seen and heard about from Halapoji.”

“What about pop culture?”

She tilted her head towards me, stands of hair getting in her eyes. “You mean like trot?”

I had to cover my mouth with my free hand to suppress giggles that threaten to escape. “Trot isn’t exactly popular anymore.”

She filled her cheeks up with air, and then parted her lips slightly to let them deflate. “I can understand why.”

I chuckled directing her down a street. “So you don’t know any Korean pop culture?”

She shook her head. “I guess not.”

I gripped my chest and probably looked like an idiot in the process. “Never heard of the Wonder Girls?”

“Anni.”

“Big Bang?”

“Uh-uh.”

“Beast?!”

“Nope.”

She looked at me questioningly. “Does that mean anything?”

I rubbed the back of my head and ruffled my hair. “I guess not. Did you have any Korean friends in the States?”

There was a short pause before she began to speak. “Not really. I grew up in a small town in Nevada. I was literally the only Asian in my school.”

I squeezed her hand lightly. “So all you know about here is what your Halapoji told you.” It wasn’t a question. I had come to the conclusion because everything she said about Korea began or ended with her Halapoji telling her about it.

“I guess so.”

“When was the last time he visited here?”

She hummed through her thoughts before saying, “Maybe forty years ago.”

I shrieked. “That’s a life time!”

She smiled softly. “I think its nice here, not at all what I was expecting, but I think its better. I was scared of it being too old fashioned.”

“And the best is yet to come,” I laughed pulling her down to the subway station.

--

::ShinHee::

I glanced awkwardly around the stuffy subway cart. Where was I supposed to look? My eyes met a small child who hung to his mother and then pointed at me. She stared me down and I looked away to a couple sitting in the back, but I soon realized they were making out and turned to an elderly woman who was staring at the door, willing it to open.

“ShinHee,” YoSeob chuckled and moved to stand in front of me. “You need to stop that.”

My face tilted towards him naturally without a thought crossing my mind.

“What do you mean?”

His lips curled into a smile and I could tell that his eyes were amused even hidden behind his thick shades. “Just look at me.”

He became so close, hand touching mine on the railing body close to mine.

I could feel my heart starting to quicken. I was on the verge of a panic attack…on the very crowded subway cart.

“It’s okay, don’t worry, I’m more concerned with people thinking you’re an easy target,” he whispered wrapping his free arm around my waist.

I could feel my skin boil. Was this something he usually did with his girlfriends? I was no one special, right? I had already explained to him that I had no intentions of carrying out the wedding, and I’m sure we were both on the same page.

“Here, this is actually a little of a surprise for you.” He dug out an iPod and stuck a bud in his left ear and the other in my right. “You said you didn’t know about pop culture here,” he murmured and a soft piano began to play. A melody began and soon filled my head with a voice on the verge of crying and lyrics that made me want to sob, but soothed my nerves and the panic attack waved over me.

“Anni,” he hushed seeing the shape I was in. “No, I didn’t want you to cry. Maybe that’s not a good first song.”

He clicked to a new song and vocals began almost instantly. A synthesizer dropped and a raspy voice started to fill my senses. The song itself was loads more upbeat and I found myself smiling at the song. It was just so cheerful and it seemed like they were singing to me, calling me beautiful and what not.

“Do you like it?” he asked and I didn’t have to answer. A huge grin swallowed his face and he changed to a new song.

“But it wasn’t over,” I whined, and he hushed me.

It began slowly with a synthetic piano and then the raspy voice from before was back, but this time more playful. Soon everything was fast paced and I was trying my best to suppress giggles that threatened to escape me. The song was too catchy and the lyrics just clever enough to send butterflies to my stomach.

He just smiled. I mean, there wasn’t much else he could do. We were stuck on a subway and he was wearing sunglasses, so I guess saying or seeing much was out of the question.

“How was it?” he asked when it was over.

I couldn’t help it anymore. I giggled. It doesn’t seem weird when other girls do it but I suppose I’m not the giggly type.

“It was amazing, what kind of music is this?” I asked becoming jittery.

“Kpop,” he laughed and then got closer to my ear until I could feel his breath on my neck.  “This moment, Please Just Freeze.”

(A/N: I know its “Freeze Freeze Freeze” >.< but I think this is cuter for my story.)

My mouth gapped. “That…You’re….” That sweet voice. The one that sang with such a familiar tone.

He had shown his teeth, stretching his lips across them, though I didn’t realize this to be a look of distress at the time.

“You’re the one that sounds like an angel,” I awed. “Yo-” His mouth crashed onto mine making me unable to finish his name. I used my free hand to push against him but he just held me closer. His lips parted squeezing in a breath and tickling my mouth. I wanted to ask him if that was really him, but he kissed my bottom lip titling his head slightly until I gave in. It would have been better if I had fought it the entire time, but I melted under his lips and soon that pushy hand crawled up his neck gripping around his collar. He let out a sigh and kissed me again digging his fingers into my side.

The subway stopped and I was shoved into him as passengers got off. Our lips broke away from each other’s and I looked at him through those ridiculous sunglasses. He panted lightly from the lack of oxygen and then rested his forehead against mine. “Please don’t try and say my name again, especially when there are so many people around.”

I felt a numb sensation engulfed my body as the realization of the kiss sunk in. It was to protect him. Protect his name. Nothing more.

I couldn’t believe that I was actually thinking that it could’ve been something more. ShinHee, you’re such an idiot.

I fixed his collar which I had turned inside-out during our kiss. “I’m sorry I won’t do it again.”

He chuckled and his breath lightly teasing my mouth.

--

::YoSeob::

I watched as her cheeks changed from pale to light pink and then full maroon. Honestly, I only kissed her to save my name, but I could have stopped much before that.

My fingers tap at her side and she looks down as if peering deeper and deeper into the floor.

“ShinHee, you’re the best fake-fiancé I’ve ever had,” I breathed purposefully making her bite her lip back.

“You’ve had more than one?” she muttered and I laughed at her innocence. She made me, the King of Aegyo, look like an amateur.

I brushed my nose next to hers and looked her in the eyes. “You’re my first.” I rocked her back and forth swaying easily with the subway.

Maybe it was cruel. But I wanted to kiss her again.

Not because she was there, but because it was her and her reactions were too cute. I wanted to see her flustered again fixing my collar, avoiding me, embarrassed.

“You shouldn’t say things like that,” she tried to laugh off but it seemed awkward, like the meaning was deeper than just that.

“But you are,” I smiled curling my arm up her back bringing her closer to me. “My very first.” My mouth was dangerously close to hers.

Our breaths mixed making it even more difficult to breathe.

The subway came to a stop and people passed us pushing impatiently. “Let’s get off here,” I said grabbing her wrist from the railing.

“Bwoh? I-I thought the museum was th-three more st-stops away?” she stammered.

I laughed and made an “O” with my lips kissing her nose. “Today we visit modern Korea.”

Her eyes widened as I pulled her away from the subway cart, and pushed her in front of me. “This way,” I pointed over her shoulder. We made it through the gates and into a more open area.

“Where are we-” She began to turn around but I wrapped my arms around her waist making her unable to move.

“Don’t worry, I’ll guide you,” I said resting my chin on her shoulder. My hands slid down her arms and my fingers wound their way to the spaces between hers. “This way,” I directed holding up one of her hands in my own.

I could feel her weight drop and her breathing start to become faster. “YoS-” before she could finish I dug my mouth to the nook of her neck kissing it lightly, the type of kiss that you only just barely feel and drives your senses crazy.

She bowed her head down and sighed. “I mean Oppa.”

The skin against my cheek intensified with heat and I laughed to myself. ShinHee is too cute.

“Omo~” a voice screeched with a dazed tune. My eyes looked up at her and my heart started to race, not that it wasn’t already. Had someone found me out?

“Do you think she knows?” ShinHee murmured so that only I could hear.

“Oppa, why don’t you ever do stuff like that?” she nagged to her boyfriend.

I pressed my mouth to ShinHee’s ear. “I don’t think she did,” I whispered before kissing behind her hairline.

The girl had raised so much attention that we were now a street corner show. A few people shook their heads but some smiled and said we looked good together.

“Let Halmunee take your picture,” an older woman offered extending a hand for ShinHee’s camera. “I’ve got a granddaughter who looks a looks like you. Too bad her Husband’s so childish.”

ShinHee covered her face with a pair of our hands but she couldn’t suppress it anymore. “This guy is mature?” she laughed harder until I had to re-cover .

“ShinHee,” I stressed and she tried her hardest to calm down. “Let’s just get these pictures taken,” I sighed. She had a point. I spend so much time doing aegyo that I sometimes forget how old I actually am.

The old woman counts down and at the last second I extend ShinHee’s arms making a heart with our limbs, resting my head next to hers.

“Boy, you should take off your sunglasses,” the woman criticized handing the camera back to us.

“My boyfriend is very sensitive to light,” ShinHee humored taking the camera into our hands. “I have to watch him; sometimes he leaves without them.”

The older woman chuckled and looked at me. “I can’t tell if your handsome or not, but your one lucky boy.”

I smiled, “You don’t even know.”

ShinHee nudged me softly and we said goodbye as I directed her down the street.

“To your left we have a modern coke machine, very sophisticated as you can see. In mid-evil times we used to dig our sodas out of the ground,” I teased and was rewarded with a laugh. She covered with her hand which was accompanied by mine. My fingertips brushed the corners of and a lifting sensation jumped in my stomach.

She did it again when I made a joke about the little old people that were crossing the roads haphazardly. “Not too long ago we put in these crosswalks, but before there were cows and the elderly just followed behind them as to not get hit.” She clasped her face again and I couldn’t take it. I wanted to see her face, feel her lips. 

In one swift movement I draped my arm around her front bending hers behind her head. I looked at her face to face and smiled at her tangled limbs.

She pouted, “YoSeo-” there it was, my excuse. My mouth crashed onto hers and she gasped for air. I took the moment to tongue with my own before withdrawing it quickly. She tasted like honey and I inhaled her scent as I pushed myself against her. My fingers tangled in her hair and my other hand held her tightly. For every breath she took, I pressed my mouth against hers, kissing her bottom lip until she had no choice but to join in, softly tasting my mouth on top of hers.

It was incredibly sweet and hot. The friction created between us had become a warm addiction and I hungrily kissed her for more. Her soft lips moved beneath mine, much slower and passionate than my own.

Sadly, my bliss was ended as a man drove by and honked his horn at us.

ShinHee was startled and my hands became loose as she s her way out. I frowned at the car and turned back to ShinHee to finish our kiss but she had her hands up as if to say ‘no more.’

I pushed them down and looked at her.

“Anni,” she cried jumping back. “We already agreed that we wouldn’t go through with the engagement. Why do you have to keep doing that?”

I took her hand and rested them by her sides.

“I don’t think that’s healthy, or right,” she said looking down at her feet. “I won’t call you by your name again. I promise. Please, just…”

Freeze. Freeze. Freeze.

I held her warm cheek in my hand, “I’m sorry. I won’t do it anymore.”

She blushed and then I realized our agreement, our understanding may have been a mistake. It had only been two days and the thought of her leaving me for Nevada made me want to hold her so tight that we would become one person. I could feel a pain in my chest. A notion crossed my mind. This was no longer a game. If I wanted her to stay, I would have to make her actually fall for me…like I was doing for her. And fast.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sooowy! I intended to finish this a few days ago and upload it when I actually go around to it, I had to go to work TT_TT and then I got home and was like "Time to finish the chap!" and then it was time to go to my second job. U_U it was already half done so I don't understand why it was so hard to finish. On another note, school is starting, so on top of two jobs I've got English papers, classes and m.a.t.h. to deal with =_= I wish summer break was longer. :'(

I'll be updating my stories as much as I can though :) even if it turns me into a hermit. D:

I’ve got two completed SHINee stories, if you want to read them…I know most all of my subscribers a BEAST fans, but hey, I’m the BIGGEST VIP, and I practically only write SHINee fics. >.<

I aways forget to thank my readers…but not today! XIE XIE so~ MUCH!!! And my subscribers, I lub you ._. no really, thank you. I’m bad about updating, yet you still subscribed. So in the end. Thank you >.< there won’t be many more chapters written like this (not a spoiler..YoSeob even says it), but I wanted to give you one before school started.

much love,

meng.

 

please do feel free to request a oneshot at: His Favorite   these are the kind of things i can write inbetween classes and work and they shouldn't get in the way of my stories either. It's sorta my way of thanking you, and do when I get writer's block, so it won't stagger my story updates. just follow the requirements ^^