the honest truth.

a b2utiful engagement. {Hiatus}

(A/N: I am soooo~ SORRY TT_TT. This is such a late update, but it’s, in my opinion (I try not to think highly of myself because I don’t think much of my writing as it is) this is much BETTER quality that my usual *censored* …updates. My goal was to make it sound a little more mature. :/

Anyways, I hope you don’t mind me changing the tense…it just started flowing better that way ._.

the words that are italicized are thoughts. and author notes (A/N) in the story are pink.

As always, please enjoy.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

::YoSeob::

After ten hours of shopping, I didn’t think I will ever look at a plastic bag the same way again. Not that I could mind, I got to see a pretty adorable side of ShinHee, but Nuna bought so much stuff. =_= I think the majority of it was for herself.

“Seobie~” she mused with a ridiculous look on her face.

“What?” I groaned collapsing in the doorway.

ShinHee bent down, trying to help me. “Omo, are you okay?” Her hair fell down into her face framing it perfectly.

I sighed taking her hand, she’s sweet but I thought I heard a bit of tension in her voice. “I’m fine,” I muttered smiling at her softly. I really wanted to become closer to her, but it seemed like she’s being apprehensive.

She looked away pressing her back to the doorframe, deep in though.

“I think dongsaeng needs a moment alone with me,” HaeYeon hummed in a suggesting manner to me.

I frowned, “I’m right here. That’s rude.”

(A/N: in Korean culture, it’s rude to address your dongsaeng as “dongsaeng” when you’re talking to them. It’s like if I looked at my Mei Mei (lil sis) and said “Younger girl who is related to me,” instead of calling her by her name.)

She patted my cheek. “Dongsaeng is adorbs, but I need to talk to him alone.” She turned to ShinHee with that scary smile that could make babies cry.

(A/N: I’m meaning for that to sound immature -_-’ it’s because I want him to sound distracted.)

ShinHee nodded softly and walked to the guest room with her bags.

Nuna turned to me. “Now for you.”

I swallowed. She can be so scary sometimes. “Bwoh?”

“You need to step it up. You’re doing zip aegyo. Nada. None. What is wrong with you? Turn on the charm! You are my brother after all right?” she hit me sharply on my head. “Where’s the aegyo prince?”

“Don’t you mean king?”

She laughed and patted my shoulder. “You’re too cute to be a king. You’re more like the boy that can’t grow up. You’re going to be a kid forever.”

I sighed deeply, pride slightly bruised. “Nuna, is that all you wanted to say?”

She nodded her head and rubbed her left temple with a finger. “Why don’t you shower in my bathroom, I don’t think ShinHee could handle it if you walked out in a towel into the guest room.”

I agreed taking her up on the offer. That was actually the first time she’s suggested something that had nothing to do with getting ShinHee and I together…or so I thought.

--

I laid down on the guest bed, resting my head against the pillows. Maybe this could work, I thought staring off at the dark colored walls. I mean, honestly I’ve never been in a REAL relationship before but maybe this is it, my first and only chance. For all I know ShinHee could be my dream girl, though I’ve no ‘dream girl’ to speak of. She’s pretty cute, and interesting, maybe something could develop between the two of us.

The bathroom door creaked open and I glanced up losing my train of thought when I saw ShinHee in a light blue nightgown, hair slightly damp.

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it as she walked back into the room and closing the door.

Did I look at her funny? …She did look good in the nightgown. It hung to her curves perfectly, and her hair was a little messy, but god it was gorgeous.

The door opened again slowly and ShinHee peaked her way out.

She really is strange.

“What’s going on?” she asked keeping only her face in the doorway.

“What are you talking about?”

“Why are you…” she looked down as if realizing the answer to her question. “Oh yeah.”

What is she talking about?

“I forgot we were sharing a room,” she said shyly opening the door and stepping out once more.

The door clicked behind her and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “Sorry, this is awkward.”

I sat up and looked over at the time. “We can still do something if you want. It’s only ten.”

Her lips parted inhaling a breath and then pressed them together, tucking them in. “You mean go out? Wet?”

I bit my tongue. Of course not out…we would do stuff here, but she’s too cute. “If you’re tired we could just go to sleep.”

She nodded her head slightly. “I’m still jetlagged.”

Of COURSE! That’s why she’s been so strange, she’s just tired, I thought as she sat down on the edge of the bed. But then again, I had only known her for a day and a half.

She slipped her feet underneath the covers and looked at me shyly. “Instead of beating around the bush, I’m just going to chop it down and say that I’ve never shared a bed with anyone other than my best friend…who’s a girl.”

I remember furrowing my brow before she added, “Sorry, that’s an English idiom.”

I laughed and then laid back until my head hit the pillows once again. “Same here, I live in a dorm with my friends, but I’ve never shared a bed with anyone else.”

She bit her bottom lip and I understood what she was thinking. “Don’t worry,” I smiled and she her side away from me.

Again. She’s distancing herself from me again. It’s like she hates me.

--

I breathed in a scent of tangy fruit and hummed in delight. As my eyelids struggled to open I noticed the soft fabric under my touch. It felt like silk and was warm, something that made my body numb. The light crept through my eyelashes and I soon came to the realization that I was not in my dorm. I was not sharing a bed with any of my band mates, but instead my fiancé, whom I’d only just met.

If she hadn’t been sleeping so peacefully, I might have screamed. If her breath wasn’t tickling my nose, I may not have felt so delighted to see her. If I wasn’t aware of our situation, I might have kissed her.

slowly widened as she breathed in and out softly tickling my face. I clenched my teeth holding back anything that would escape me. My hands released her and then I realized that her arms were curled around me, fingers tangled in my hair.

If this is how she sleeps with someone she doesn’t know, then I’d be scared to see her with her friend.

At some point I studied her, from the corner of her neck to the hairline at her forehead. I came back to her lips and froze my stare. She looked so peaceful I was sure that nothing could wake her. I touched her cheek with my fingers brushing loose strands away from her face. Her breathing never altered. She never even moved. I stared at her and felt the desire to kiss her grow.

Would she wake up? I thought it over a few times and came to the decision that kissing someone I didn’t know, especially while they were sleeping was wrong. It wouldn’t be fair to her having no say.

Curious about the time I glanced to the clock. Nearly ten AM. My breath sharpened. I pulled my hand back from her face quickly and jumped forward. I wasn’t fast enough. My phone went off and before I could untangle myself from the covers I heard ShinHee stir.

Thinking back, it’s ridiculous. How could I have done something so stupid?

I turned to look at the girl who groaned lightly beginning to wake. One foot touched the floor and the other became trapped by the covers, before I knew it, I had landed back on the bed face to face with ShinHee. I tried to wiggle away from her but her eyes snapped open and I was too late.

“YoSeob?” she jumped.

I looked at her, eyes locked on mine. “It’s my Hyung, but I’m stuck.”

She looked at me and frowned.

“Seriously,” I pouted fighting the blankets that had become more of a restriction.

Her eyes wandered from my eyes to my lips and then my body which was stuck by the fabric. She was clearly dazed.

“Should I get your phone?” she murmured pulling her hair behind her shoulders.

I smiled childishly. “That would be great.”

She rubbed her eyes sleepishly and moved across the bed, crawling over my pathetic self. By now the caller had gotten my voice mail, but leave it to DooJoon Hyung to never let the calling function of a cell phone die. She picked up the phone from the floor and then crawled back over my legs.

I couldn’t stop my eyes from tracing the outline of her curves eyes staying away from my original goal. She was just too beautiful.

“Yoboseyo?” she yawned covering .

Hyung must have called about three times already.

“Dae, he is. Hold on,” she managed and handed me the phone collapsing wherever, which happened to be dangerously close to me.

“Yoboseyo?” I spoke into the phone.

“Ya, Seob-ah?”

“Hyung, what’s up?” I asked boring my eyes into ShinHee’s back. The slight curvature of her waist was my newest fascination.

“Are you coming in today?” he asked and I could hear the rest of the guys in the background.

“Is that Seobie?”

“Where is he anyways?”

“Hyung, I don’t think so. I’m kind of busy.” ShinHee’s hair fell from her neck across her back and down to the pillows.

“Oh.” His voice became louder like her was covering his end of the phone with a hand. “Was that her?”

I chuckled feeling my lips curl into a smile. “It was.”

“YoSeob, I don’t want to be out of line…but she sounded incredibly y.”

I studied her again. Did that word really fit her? She was obviously cute and gorgeous, but y? And then my eyes found the hemline of her gown, her curves, and I remembered her breath mixing with mine. “I guess you’re right.”

“You guess? If I were you-”

“But you’re not,” I cut him off. “Hyung I don’t think I can make it today, but tomorrow for sure.”

The other line went quiet. “Youseob-ya, just don’t do anything that would get you into trouble…arraso?”

I chuckled. “Hyung, you know it’s me right?”

There was a short pause. “Yeh, but I also know you’ve never been in a real relationship. This girl sounded too enticing for her own good. Just promise to not do anything stupid. You’re an idol after all.”

I sighed, how old did he think I was? “I promise not to be a pabo.”

“See ya.”

“Yeah, see ya Hyung.” I hung up the phone and untangled myself.

ShinHee’s body began to move again. “Are you awake, or asleep?” I asked standing over the bed.

“If I said I was asleep that would be obviously wrong…now wouldn’t it?” She looked up at me and then froze. Moments before, she had easily shimmied her body up right to face me, hips moving back and forth slowly, but she soon became ridged under my stare.

“Ah-ya,” she shrieked covering her body with the covers.

I sat down next to her bracing my arms backwards head tilted away from her. “What are we doing today?” I asked filling the awkward room with sound.

“Ah…my Halapoji told me to look at some classical art and music while I was here.”

Her voice was more like a whisper. I looked down and then slowly back up. “I guess we could do that.” This is going to be such a snore.

I leaned forward adjusting my weight and something touched my wrist. Without thinking I turned to her and she bowed her head out of demureness.

“I have to be honest with you. I’m only staying for a week,” she muttered softly.

I felt my expression change naturally to confusion. “But I thought you were supposed to be in Korean for a month.”

Her fingers slowly uncoiled sliding across the top of my hand. “That’s what my Halapoji wants, but I can’t stay here and be okay with it. I’m wasting your time and your family’s time. I have no intentions of marrying you.”

It was as simple as that. I felt a twinge of pain in my chest and couldn’t look at her. I tried brushing off the feeling of disappointment, but I didn’t understand it anyways. I’d only just met her so why would I expect her to be in love with me, I wasn’t with her so what did it matter? “Well, I guess we’ll just have to make this week count,” I smiled weakly.

She stared off into the covers losing any perception of her surroundings. “I’m sorry but I just found out about this engagement a few days ago myself.”

I gawked at her. “What are you talking about?”

Her eyes glanced to me so fast that my heart skipped a beat. “When did you find out?”

I tried to calm myself before answering her. “When I was ten.”

Her eyelids fell about halfway and I could tell she was on the verge of tears. “I always wondered why I wasn’t allowed to date. I’ve never even had a boyfriend.”

I started to feel sorry for her. Our engagement played a big role in her life and she didn’t even know about it.

I wanted to change the subject, and fast. “Well, I’m going to try my best to treat you like a princess. I apologize for any ridiculous happenings that may occur on you stay.”

She smirked causing one of her eyes to narrow. “You don’t have to do that.”

I shook my head. “No, I want to. I’ve never been in a real relationship either, so it’ll be fun.”

Her lips tightened into a small smile and I could tell that she was feeling at least a little better.

I would have felt better too, but a nagging notion pledged my thoughts. Was I doing this because I wanted to, or because I want my grandparents to except my being an idol?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

dear readers, next update will be hopefully be relatively soon. :)

(>.< updates will be weird with work school and more work...sorry!)

much love,

meng.