Page 170

Don't Forget Me
 
Ha Na's diary, page 170.
 
March, 19th of 2010. “Shopping Session for Ho Won's Bday.”
 
 
It's soon going to be Hoya's birthday! So as his close friends and especially Myung Soo, we went to shop his birthday's present! And after spending hours in the gigantic shopping mall, we've finally found it :) But what was wrong with him today? 
 
 
    “Daughter! Breakfast's ready! Please help me wake your lazy father up, I think you have the greatest technic to do so.” Ha Na heard her mum shouting. She was sitting on her bed, enjoying the nice view from her window. “No problem mum, that's one of my favorite thing to do in the morning.” She smirked devilishly and got up to charge towards her parents room. Oh, poor Mr Jeon. 
 
   “HANAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! How many times had I told you already not to wake me up like this!!” Mr Jeon yelled and groaned grumpily. Ha Na fell on the ground, laughing like there were no tomorrows and clutching onto her stomach. She was trying to say something but no words were coming out from as she was way too busy laughing. She could only wave her hand faintly, as a sign of sorry. Mr Jeon face-palmed. 
 
   “Scratch that. Naughty girl.” Mr Jeon wasn't angry but his daughter's method to wake him up was just too... Strong for him to handle it well, especially in the morning.
 
   “Ok Appa, I will change my way to wake you up but don't come complaining after huh!” Ha Na meant by that, that it will be maybe worse than what she had done. She had recorded a very particular ringing on her phone, and had transformed her voice into a chipmunks one. You know, the little rodent.
 
“Wake up daddy daddou you've slept too long already pouih pouih craocrao chiiiiing dwouin”.
 
Enough to make someone going crazy. Mr Jeon hadn't taken really long to wake up.
 
°Next time, I will splash cold water on his tip-toes.° She smirked.
 
   “Let's get down now.” Ha Na pulled her father out of the comfy blanket and Mr Jeon had no choices but to let himself being dragged away from his bed. “I will miss you..”
 
   “Appa, did you just say you will miss your bed?!” Ha Na stared at him, dumbfounded. Alright, everyone likes their bed very much, it's almost a fact. But Ha Na couldn't not be surprised about her father being so childish. What, he is 47. Mr Jeon coughed but eventually admitted. Ha Na gazed bluntly at him.
 
   “Ok let's go.” Embarrassed Mr Jeon was the one dragging her this time. 
 
   “What took you guys so long?” Mrs Jeon asked as she was settling everything down on the table.
 
   “Father was say- muuumph”
 
   “Nothing my dear, should we eat? It looks delicious as always.” Mr Jeon put a hand on his daughter's mouth to impede her from saying anything. Mrs Jeon laughed at the side before her, “I know already what you say every mornings to our bed, did you think you could keep it secret from your daughter an eternity?” She smiled and sent Ha Na a wink. 
 
   “I'm hungry! Let's drop this discussion. I'm going out after with Myung Soo so I have to be prepared.” Ha Na ate a mouthful of fried egg and drank on her milk. 
 
   “Sloooooowly daughter! How many times had I told you already not to eat so fast! You may choke!” Ha Na was eating normally but her mum's outburst had made her choke, for real.
 
   “UMMA!!” She grasped. She precipitously took her father's glass of water and gulped down half the contain in a split of a second. “Oh gosh!”
A tomato put next to her face, we see no differences. 
 
 
   “I'm going!” Ha Na rushed to the door and opened it before speeding off, “I'm laaaate again!” She was running to catch the bus. And her efforts paid since she hadn't missed it. 
 
‘Yes’ she thought internally. She was going to the shopping mall, Lotte Department Store, to shop a gift for Ho Won. 
 
   “Myung Soo!” Ha Na got down the bus and scrambled between the people towards Myung Soo. Damn, it wasn't easy to go through a massive crowd of busy persons. Myung Soo was annoyed. His girlfriend was close to him; he could see her, but at the same time, she was difficult to reach because some stupid persons were pushing here and there, making arduous the way through.
 
   “Got you.” Myung Soo heaved a sigh after he had finally grabbed her. He was fearing something bad may happen to his girlfriend, before his eyes. On the spur of the moment, he crashed her against his chest quite hardly, thoughtless of her getting hurt. 
 
   “Ouch Oppa.” Ha Na yelped. Myung Soo widened his eyes. “Mianhe, let's get off here.” He met her eyes for the first time since he had joined her in the sea of people since he was too occupied trying to find a way to get out there. His temper was playing with him and his patience was slowly decreasing, but he calmed down upon seeing her girlfriend staring at him with those eyes he likes so much of hers. 
 
   “I'm not coming here on Saturdays from now onwards. never ever.” Ha Na groaned. “It's terrible.” Myung Soo growled. They had entered the big shopping mall and were walking aimlessly in it, not knowing in which stores to go first.
 
   “Have you thought of something Ho Won would like?” Ha Na asked while her eyes were looking cautiously at the shops, selecting the ones where they could maybe find a suitable present for their friend and making a note in her head to remember them.
 
   “I'm thinking of it right now. He has already all the things he wants...” Myung Soo furrowed his eyebrows. “And he doesn't like useless things.” He continued. Ha Na frowned at his answer. “Yah, presents aren't supposed to be useless.”
 
 
Myung Soo flinched at her icy tone of voice and knew he had to give an explanation. “I didn't mean it that way.. It's just when I'm hanging out with him, he never says he wants to buy it or that, as if nothing interests him much.” Myung Soo clarified. Ha Na understood immediately. “I see..” Myung Soo stopped both of them from walking and spin her around.
 
   “Care not to use that tone on me anymore?” Myung Soo chuckled, “I hate it very much when we aren't talking warmly to each other.” He confessed.
 
Ha Na hadn't moved a bit, nor had she nodded her head. She looked paralyzed, not by fear though. She simply got mesmerized by his brown chocolate eyes. She swallowed. Myung Soo titled his head on the right and shook her lightly as to signal her not to stay immobile. Ha Na snapped out of her trance and blinked several times, feeling confused and kind of in high spirits. 
 
°Have I ever noticed how beautiful his eyes look when he stares at me intensely like he did?° Ha Na questioned herself. 
 
   “Baby?” Ha Na finally heard her boyfriend calling for her after a while of being in a daze. “Yes! I was daydreaming sorry” she swiftly replied. Her words were hardly audible but Myung Soo managed to catch what she had said.
 
   “Daydreaming in front of me? I may think you were too immersed into admiring my face.” Myung Soo and his sarcasm, *sigh*
 
   “Yeah yeah of course narcissistic boy.” Ha Na huffed. “I'm not narcissistic..” Myungsoo pouted. “I think that if your were to do aegyos in front of girls, they would drool on you and never ever letting you go. So you better do it only for me.” Ha Na retorted. Her little warning was rather cute than scary to Myung Soo.
 
   “I got it, pouty princess. Don't sulk me.” Ha Na was in a fit of giggles after his words, which he had expressed sweetly.
   “Chortling like a dog.” Attack.
 
   “YAAAAH!” Ha Na struggled out from the hug and promptly walked ahead of her boyfriend, not giving him a back glance.
They were fighting like this here and there in the department store for a few hours before deciding to officially start looking for the present.
 
 
   “If we don't stop bickering, I swear we won't get out of here before the sun sets!” Ha Na wrinkled her nose, “And I told Mum and Dad I would be at home around this moment. So we better search thoroughly and quickly.” Ha Na twiddled around, expecting an agreeing Myung Soo but he was far from listening attentively. He looked lost.
 
   “Honey?” Ha Na didn't know whether she had to get angry at him for not listening to her talking, or if she had to keep shut. He looked really concerned, about what, Ha Na had no idea.
 
   “Myung Soo.” He flinched at the tone she had used on him. She had no choices, otherwise he wouldn't snap out of his thoughts.
   “Oh sorry, what were you saying?” He blurted out. 
   
   “I said we ought to hurry find his gift. Where did your soul go just now? Are you alright? Is something going on?” Ha Na's will to get angry at him vanished as her motherly side showed up when she started throwing questions at him about what wrong was happening to him.
 
   “Nothing my girl, really. Sorry, I hadn't got a good sleep yesterday, resulting of me being tired today. Don't need to worry for me. Alright, let's go buy it and let me you back home before the sun sets!” Myung Soo seemed to have forced out the words, and Ha Na was more than suspicious of his acts. Nonetheless, she respected his choice of not telling her what was in his head. She wouldn't force him.
In any case, they always end up telling each other if they have problems. At first, they're timorous to make their other half worried after telling them so they keep it for themselves. But a relationship is about trust, so they end up releasing everything trapped in their hearts to one another. 
 
   “Alright.” Ha Na smiled, “I just found a present which could possibly please Ho Won.” She happily beamed.
 
   “And what is that?”
   “A station Hi-Fi.” Ha Na pointed a shop selling those technological objects. Myung Soo brightened. “Excellent idea! For someone who loves dancing like he does, it's perfect! Aish! Why haven't I thought of it before?” He tousled his hair and grimaced. Ha Na leaned forward and whispered, “P a b o.” It took two seconds for Myung Soo to realize what she had done.
 
   “Jeon Ha Na! Stop right there!” And with that, the Mouse and Cat chasing started once again.