Pages 372-373

Don't Forget Me

 

Ha Na’s diary, pages 372-373.

November, 10th of 2010. “One lovely date."

 

                Dear dear diary ~ I had such a good day today. I’m feeling excited even though it’s already past 11pm! Don’t find me odd, my current state can be explained. Like always, I’m going to narrate what happened on this lovely day, at the third person, as if I was telling a story. I will try making it short.. Oh my god, if Myung Soo finds out about me writing down all my life, he’s going to tease me until my death T.T

I will keep it secret from him.

 

                On one fine day in November, Ha Na woke up at the detestable sound of her alarm clock.

   “Just five more minutes please..” she pleaded in a whisper no one in particular. Nevertheless, she jumped out of her bed after only one little minute of lazing, because her sense of responsibility had knocked her awake. “I can’t be late for school!” and with that, she speedily got herself ready and rushed downstairs to eat her breakfast.

When putting on her sneakers, she received one message, at exactly 7.09am. Without even looking at the sender, she knew who it was, and what was going to happen, in the next minute.

Ding Dong~

   “I’m coming!” Ha Na shouted. She took one last look on the mirror and covered her ears with a few strands of hair. “I hate it so much when we can see my ears when my hair isn’t tied up.”

   “Hello my lady, did you sleep well?” Myung Soo sing-sang before taking Ha Na’s hand and intertwining their fingers. “I slept well and you?” Ha Na flashed him a cute smile. She took out something from her bag and handed it to her boy, “Your strawberry yogurt.” Myung Soo gladly took it. “Thank you Ha Na-ah! I slept well too, because you were in my dreams~” Ha Na made a disgusted face at his answer, “How cheeky can you be, seriously.”

After the little morning interaction, they went to school on Myung Soo’s bike.

   “Oppa, see you on lunch time! You better attentively listen to Ms Yoo’s class arasseo?” Ha Na warned him after he had parked his bike and they had entered the school. “Yes captain!” Myung Soo grinned foolishly at her girlfriend as the latter one rolled her eyes. As they were about to part away, Yoon Hee appeared out of nowhere and scared the crap out of Ha Na.

   “YAH JOO YOON HEE! It’s too early in the morning yet to joke like this, I haven’t control over all my sense yet.” Ha Na pouted at her bestie. “Haha did I really scare you? Mianhae!” Yoon Hee chuckled and finally, after like one long minute, she noticed Myung Soo standing beside Ha Na. He wasn’t someone unsociable, but he was certainly not the type of person to make the first step in greeting you or whatever. Ha Na is trying to make him change that habit of his because it often creates misunderstandings. Fortunately, Yoon Hee doesn’t get upset by his behavior, unlike some others.

   “Hello Myung Soo! How are you?” she brightly beamed at him. Myung Soo smiled back, “I’m fine and you?” “Fine as always! I’m leaving you guys, I have math class right now and I can’t be late, Ms Anh is too strict for me to do so. See you later!” Yoon Hee winked at Ha Na and walked off.

°He’s improving! I’m happy Myunggie!° Ha Na thought in her head after the greetings were exchanged between her most loved person and her dearest bestfriend.

   “What are you thinking?” Myung Soo asked her in concern, “Nothing! Go to your class or you will be late. See you later” Ha Na responded and he just nodded his head, “See you my Angel!”

Time passed by without anything special happening throughout the day.

   “Being a 17 years-old high school student isn’t very interesting.” Ha Na sighed as she walked out of the school alongside Yoon Hee. Class was over for today. “Ha Na, you’re really looking forward to the future. I don’t want to grow up!” she whined and tapped several times her feet on the ground. “Stop making elephant steps and baboon sounds.” Ha Na voiced out. “YOU! JEON HA NA!” Yoon Hee pointed her finger at her friend, jokingly glaring at her, “Revenge for this morning.” Ha Na gave her a wink. They ended up annoying each other, like little girls from kinder garden.

   “GIRLS!! You’re never waiting for me chincha!” Myung Soo ran towards the pair. He was panting heavily when he joined them, “Sorry Myunggie.” Ha Na sheepishly rubbed her neck and patted his back, “Breathe.” “Don’t do it anymore!” Myung Soo childishly spoke, “Oh arasseo!”

   “I have to get back home, my mum called me and said she has some ‘important matters’ to tell me.” Yoon Hee told them, “Okay, get back safely. If you want to talk about it, I’m here.” Ha Na smiled at her, and without her knowing, it was really giving off a reassuring vibe. “I will surely! Enjoy your lovey dovey time together! I’m leaving!” Yoon Hee waved them goodbye before getting in the subway which will take her back home.

   “Now only the both of us!” Myung Soo was hugging tightly Ha Na’s waist. He had made the gap between them smaller and smaller until their tummies touched. Ha Na felt an abnormal heat hitting on her. “Still so shy?” Myung Soo chuckled at her girlfriend, “You’re blushing.” “I’m not!” Ha Na broke free from the hug and fast-walked ahead of her boyfriend because she was obviously embarrassed at the close skinship they had just shared.

°I’m still blushing at it after almost one year with him already!° she touched her hot cheeks.

   “What do you want to do? It’s already late by now. Eating? I found a delicious restaurant not long ago in Hongdae, we should go!” Myung Soo slung an arm around her neck and came back to his usual cool self. He can change from cheesy to cool so quickly that you can think you had just imagined his dorky self from earlier. “I don’t know if mum and dad will agree to this since we have school tomorrow..” Ha Na hesitantly answered, anxious Myung Soo might misinterpret her declination as a thought of her not wanting to spend time with him. “Oh.. I understand..” He looked a bit disappointed. He was trying to hide it but his facial expression had betrayed him. Ha Na noticed it right away.

   “I will try asking them! Wait a second.” She dialed her home’s number and waited for someone to take the telephone.

   “Yeobuseyo?” a melodic voice was heard by Ha Na as she recognized it to belong to her mother. “Mum it’s me, Ha Na.” “Oh yeah my dear, is class over by now?” she asked her daughter through the combine. “Yeah..” Ha Na looked anxiously at Myung Soo while he was urging her to ask for permission to eat outside. “Mum..?” “Yes?” “Can I.. eat with Myung Soo tonight please? Just once?” Ha Na asked her mum apprehensively. Truthfully, her parents aren’t really strict. You can say her mum is cooler than her father since she is a woman too, and she understands her daughter wanting to spend more time with her boyfriend because she had been experiencing the same thing younger. As for Ha Na’s father, he is more protective of her since she’s his only daughter. And, well, he is a father after all. He is always reluctant to let her going out.

After a short pause, her mother’s voice could be heard again, “Go dear. You can eat outside, but don’t come home too late okay?” Ha Na couldn’t believe her ears and had gotten over excited at her mum’s answer, “You sure? Really? Oh thank you mum! But dad won’t say anything about it?” “I will handle it so go and enjoy your time with Myung Soo.” Ha Na was frantically gesturing her hands to make Myung Soo understand she had gotten the permission. “Thank you Mrs Jeon! I will make sure to take care of your daughter and bring her back home safely!” he happily yelled. “Alright, I will hang up then. Take care daughter.” Mrs Jeon chuckled. “Yes mum, see you tonight!”

   “That’s so great Myung Soo! It’s been a while since we last ate outside at night in the middle of the week!” Ha Na sounded blissful, Myung Soo was equally happy but he was just covering it up more than Ha Na. “Let’s go then!”

- - -

   “I’m so full!” Myung Soo stretched his arms open after they had walked out of the restaurant. “It was so yummy! Thank you for the meal Myunggie, I ate it well!” Ha Na exclaimed. Myung Soo glanced down at her and smiled, “I told you it would be delicious!” he proudly said. They ate a serving of roasted pork, one of beef and another one of lamb chops, just the both of them. Big eaters, literally. “You’re the best!” Ha Na complimented him genuinely.

A gush of wind blew on them, and Ha Na found herself snuggling closer to her boyfriend because she was shivering from the cold. Myung Soo naturally putted an arm around her shoulder in a protective way, “Are you cold?” he asked. Ha Na nodded timidly her head. He then, without saying anything, embraced her from the back with his coat, giving her his body's warmth. Ha Na instantly felt better as she wasn’t feeling too cold anymore, “Thank you Myung Soo.” 

They arrived at her house after a little while of walking. “Here you are, safely escorted, beautiful lady.” Myung Soo said with an elegant voice, or at least he tried to imitate a bourgeois voice. “Practice some more, you’re lacking too much in your acting.” She . He wrinkled his nose but eventually laughed.

   “You should go now. It was such a good evening date, thank you again.” Ha Na spoke. “Anything for you. Dream of me tonight!” Myung Soo messed up her hair. “YAH!” Ha Na pouted. “Why are you a-” she was cut off by a pair of lips suddenly pressed onto hers. Myung Soo then removed his lips off hers to take a look at her. “You’re beautiful either way. So even with messed up hair, I will still find you gorgeous. Now, go in” he had pushed her into her house before running away. He didn't even let Ha Na react to what he had done and said.

She watched him walking further away, with a wide smile plastered on her face. As she was about to turn around, she heard Myung Soo shouting,

“Jeon Ha Na, I love you!