Losing The Guards

Death Note ; Rebirth Of The Shinigami

I pushed myself away from Jiyong as I felt the tension in my body increasing. Is this guy insane? If he knew he was scaring me, why ask me to spend the night with him? Moreover, we don’t even know each other well. Why would he make such a request?

 

I felt my fists clenched up before I picked up my bag. “Y-You must be insane, making such a request.” I tried to regain my usual composure when I was in front of him before, standing up as I head towards the door. Before I could reach it, Jiyong had already caught up with me, grabbing my arm from behind.

 

“You forgot your book.” He said.

 

“You can have it. I didn’t even want it in the first place.” I managed to growl at him, my back still facing him. He turned me around and approached me closer, his eyes glaring deeply into my eyes and I couldn’t help but to let that frightening feeling overcome me again.  I saw his face softened as he flustered a little.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you…” he said with a sigh, slowly letting go of my arm. I watched him as he walked towards his fruit basket that was on his bar counter, which was filled with only apples. Grabbing two apples, he threw it to Xera and Reyn one each. Both of them caught it perfectly as they looked at Jiyong, confused.

 

“Leave us alone for tonight, alright? I need to talk to her. I can’t have her rebelling too much. It ruins my plans.” He said to the two Shinigamis. Xera and Reyn both nodded as both of them spread out their wings and flew out of the window but before Reyn flew off, I saw him turned his head back towards me a little before taking off. I shifted my attention back to Jiyong, who was now walking back to me.

 

“Plans? What plans?” Tension within me started to subside when Jiyong stopped using that cold and demanding tone on me as I found myself questioning him normally again.

 

“We will talk over a drink.” He said as he grab me gently by my wrist and led me towards the bar counter.

 

 

He made me sit down on one of bar stools before going behind the counter. “What would you like to drink?” he made a cheeky face as he looked at me, waiting for my answer.

 

“Would you know how to make the drink even if I made my request?” I asked with a doubtful look and as though I had expected it, Jiyong smirked.

 

“Try me.” He said with a determined tone.

 

“Okay… Give me a Blue Lagoon.” I said after giving it a quick thought. Jiyong scoffed at my request.

“And here I thought how challenging you were going to be.” He commented before retrieving two highball glasses from the bottom drawers and placed them on the counter, filling them up halfway with ice. Turning his back on me as he faced his bottles of alcohol on the shelf, he took out a bottle of Vodka and Blue Curacao Liqueur from the shelves and poured a certain amount of each into both glasses professionally. Filling up the rest of the glass with lemonade from the fridge, he topped both with a cherry each and inserted a straw into both before passing me one.

 

“One Blue Lagoon.” He said as he presented me with the cocktail.  My lips parted a little in awe after watching the entire process of him making the drink, feeling totally amazed by his skills. “Stop having that amazed look on your face, you look stupid.” He chuckled as he raised his own glass. “Cheers.”

 

“Cheers.” I echoed after him softly as I took the glass in my hand and stirred the drink before sipping on it. Surprisingly, the drink tasted so much better than any other Blue Lagoon cocktails that I have drank at bars I had visited with Minho before. “Wow… Are you… a bartender?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at Jiyong and making him giggle.

 

“Nope. It’s just a hobby.” He replied as he held on to his drink and walked out from behind the bar and towards the living room and I followed after him as he sat back on the couch.

 

“Then what do you do?” I blurted out naturally and he chuckled, his eyes laying on me cheekily.

 

“Are you interested about me now?” he teased, making me sip on my drink awkwardly. “I am a fashion consultant. People come to me to improve their fashion senses.” He explains briefly and I nodded as I listened. No wonder he dresses so nicely and looks good in almost anything he wears.

 

“You know, you don’t really have to lie to Minho and Calia about how we met.” I paused, realizing that we could not just tell them that Jiyong actually came to my dorm room, “I mean, at least not to the extent that you were our senior?” I said as I continued with my drink, slowly letting my guard down for the first time in front of a mere acquaintance with the influence of the alcohol in my body.

 

“I was.” He replied, “You guys just never noticed me.” For a moment there, I felt a tinge of loneliness in his tone of voice but was quickly shaken out as he started to speak again. “Besides, you and Minho joined the Taekwondo Club half a year after your first year started and I graduated soon after. Count the only chances you would get to see me there.”

 

“But you noticed me, I mean, us anyway.” I started to feel a little guilty and concerned about Jiyong’s feelings.

 

“It doesn’t matter.” He laughed it off slightly.  Jiyong suddenly turned towards me and I realised his face was already a little pinkish, so were his eyes as they started to look a little bloodshot. He placed his empty glass on the table and removed mine from my grip as well, placing it on the table beside his. He raised one of his hands to my fringe and tucked it behind my ear, revealing my blind eye. Through my right eye, I could see that he was looking at it with a pained look on his face. “Does it still… hurt?” he muttered. I shook my head slowly. Wait. How did he know that my blind eye used to hurt? I stopped to think but recalled that he once told me that he knew everything about me. But, how did he know? Did he send someone to research on me?

 

“Good.” His voice interrupted my thoughts and my attention was on him again. His fingers were warmly placed against my skin and I could feel my heart thumping fast. I did not know was it because of the alcohol, or because Jiyong was touching me so gently.

 

He started shifting his body as he pulled himself closer to me, his hands already around my waist. Soft brown orbs met mine as I got mesmerized by those gentle eyes. His eyes shifted back and forth from my eyes to my lips as he drew nearer to me. On instinct, I found myself closing my eyes as soft lips touched mine, kissing me gently.

 

It must have been the alcohol, for I could not find any other reason why I allowed it to happen, but I did. 

 

Deep inside, I found myself wanting to be part of his 'plans'. Even if I did not know what they were.