Life Changes

Death Note ; Rebirth Of The Shinigami

“Now drip this formula into the main solution…”

 

“Heeya!” Minho nudged me as he motioned towards the test tubes that I was holding on my fingertips and snapping out of my daze, I poured the solutions and mixed them together. It was already chemistry practical lesson, the fifth lesson of the day, and I realised I have not been able to pay attention to any of the lessons today. I cannot help but to think about the events that have been happening, especially the whole incident from the night before.

 

Lesson finally ended and I gulped, heaving a sigh of relief as I packed my things.

 

“Heeya. Are you alright? You haven’t been paying attention the entire day.” Minho pointed out, a questioning look on his face. I shook my head lightly and pressed my fingers to my temples.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m probably just not feeling too well.” I lied to him, hoping it would get him to stop asking anymore questions.

 

“Well, it doesn’t seem like you to not pay any attention to class.” A doubtful voice interrupted Minho and I. I turned to see Calia standing beside me, both of her hands hugging her books to her chest. “Pocky?” she extended one of her hands that was holding on to a box of strawberry flavoured Pocky.

 

“No, it’s okay.” I gently rejected but Minho reached out to grab one of the sticks from the box.

 

“Thanks!” Minho thanked Calia and she nodded lightly, acknowledging his words before using her teeth to grab one from the box for herself.

 

“So, what’s been distracting you for the entire day?” she spoke with one stick of Pocky in as she started to chew on it.

 

I found myself stiffening up as I slightly avoided her gaze. “Nothing much. I’m just not feeling well. I’m going to my locker now then head back to my dorm.” I stood up from my lab chair with my books in my hand as I felt Calia and Minho followed me behind, as well as Reyn, who had been tagging behind me for the whole day.

 

“Who is he?”

“I don’t know! He doesn’t look our age, but he is hot!”

“I don’t think he is from our school…”

 

Murmurs and whispers could be heard along the corridors as both girls and guys were pointing and gazing in one direction. I narrowed my eyes as I focused my gaze in that direction. Noticing Xera, I instantly knew who was getting all the attention.

“Whoa. Who is that? He isn’t a student of our school right?” Minho commented. “Ah. He is leaning against our lockers.” He flinched a little as he realised several seconds tad later than I did. I walked towards my locker and glared up at the male leaning against it.

 

“What are you doing here? Get out of my way.” I muttered under my breath.

 

Jiyong smirked as he lifted himself off my locker and stepped away from it. I could instantly feel Minho and Calia’s faces changed, especially Minho. Opening his locker as well, Minho turned to me and murmured softly.

 

“You know this guy?” he questioned. I bit on my bottom lip, not knowing how to answer him. Grunting a little, I nodded. I was sure that he was going to ask how I met Jiyong, so I allowed my head to process faster. I closed my locker after keeping my books, so did Minho. Calia came back to join us after keeping her books, probably because she was curious of what was going on. I introduced Jiyong to Minho and Calia. Jiyong smiled gently as he bowed slightly at both of them.

 

“How did you guys know each other?” I heard Minho asked and I immediately took a deep breath. I was about to open my mouth when Jiyong spoke first.

 

“I am 4 years your senior in this school. You probably won’t remember me. I was also in Taekwondo though.” He claimed and I widened my eyes slightly at him. How could he have blatantly lie about something like this without even blinking? Those lies came out of his lips so naturally it was insane.

 

“Oh? Really?!” Minho fell for it almost instantly. “Why did you come back?” he grew more curious and asked more questions, probably from getting excited at the thought of meeting a Taekwondo senior. I clenched my fists as I stared at Jiyong, waiting for him to speak. I saw him smirk his usual smirk  before he retrieved his pocketed hands and grabbed me by my arms, pulling me to his side.

 

“I’m back to make Heeya fall in love with me.” He said.

 

 

photo cr : owner