God Of Death

Death Note ; Rebirth Of The Shinigami

Slam!

 

I felt my body get slammed against the mattress again as my practice partner flipped me over her shoulder.

 

“Heeya, do you want to take a break? You seem really distracted today.” She commented as she knelt down next to me as I lay on the mattress. I threw my arm over my eyes as I sighed, nodding to her suggestion.

 

“Yeah. Let me take a break.” I replied as I heard footsteps walking away from beside me and then heavier footsteps sitting down. I sat back up as I looked at the person sitting beside me. Minho gave me a look that told me that he knew something was up, and he was asking for an answer. Should I let him know? I allowed my mind to process fast, before I decided to keep it to myself for the time being.

 

“Hey, don’t act like everything is okay. What’s up?” he poked me on my arm a few times, soft brown hues looking into my eyes innocently.

 

“I’m fine… I’m just feeling a little tired.” I said as I patted him by his arm.

 

“Really?” he gave me a doubtful look and I forced a smile.

 

“Really.” I stood up and turned to him, “Let instructor know I’m going back to my room to rest.” I stated and he nodded.

 

“I’ll pick you up for dinner later?” he asked, standing up as well.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll probably be sleeping.” I lied. I needed some time to myself today as I have too many questions left unanswered and I do not like that feeling.

 

Almost running back to my room, I took the notebook in my hands and I felt myself shiver a little. I flipped open the book and took a glance at the name that I had written with my own handwriting before taking out my phone. Searching up on the death of Bang Chi Yo, I confirmed his death through an article and it clearly stated that he died of a sudden heart attack. I read through the rules once more.

 

The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

 

If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.

 

“What the hell…?” I fisted my own hair, trying very hard to convince myself about the truth.

 

“If you doubt the book, why don’t you try it again?” a deep hoarse voice commented and I turned to see the one thing I’ve never thought I would ever see.

 

A Shinigami*. 

 

 

*Shinigami - Japanese for 'God Of Death'