Mistake Made

Death Note ; Rebirth Of The Shinigami

“Do what you wish.” He replied as he stood up and kept his empty plates into the kitchen. Once I was done, I did the same. I was going to help wash the dishes when Jiyong stopped me. “Don’t touch the sink. I will do it myself later. I don’t like other people meddling with my housework. Get out of the kitchen.” He said as he chased me out.

 

I rolled my eyes at his cold attitude before dragging my feet out of the kitchen and into the living room. As I hear the tap running and him washing the dishes, I started to walk around the house, exploring his place more thoroughly. There were many doors in the corridor of rooms, and one of them was closed. Curiosity got the better of me as I walked towards it to turn the knob but it appeared to be locked. On the door, there was a sign hung there.

 

Beloved One

 

‘Beloved One?” I murmured to myself. Does this room belong to his girlfriend or something? Does he have a girlfriend? Many questions ran through my head as I stood there for a good 5 minutes. Maybe this girl was the one that he mistook me for last night?

 

“Excuse me miss. What do you think you are doing?” I jumped when I heard the voice behind me and instantly turned to see Jiyong standing there with his hands in his pockets. “What? Creeping around someone’s rooms is your new hobby?” he put on a nonchalant face and I rolled my eyes.

 

“You are so annoying.” I said as I walked towards the living room and sat down on the couch with my arms crossed. He approached me slowly and I glared at him.

 

“You are annoyed at me? Shouldn’t I be the one who is irritated at you for creeping around my house? What were you thinking of doing? You want to enter that room?” he questioned me and glared down on me.

 

“What are you afraid of? That I will find out that you might be keeping a girl in there after what you did to me last night?” I raised an eyebrow at him as I stood up to look him closer in the eyes. “I could sue you for ual harassment you know? Oh. And probably murder while I’m at it.”

 

He blinked innocently.

 

“What did I do last night?” he asked his tone full of worry.

 

“Guess you wouldn’t remember, seeing that you were so drunk. Whatever, it doesn’t matter. Thanks for breakfast and all the rude remarks, I’m leaving.” I moved to grab my bag that was left on the couch from yesterday but I felt a strong grip on my arm. I did not realize that I could be so affected by his words and the way he seemed to be hiding things from me.

 

“Wait. Explain. What exactly did I do last night? Please tell me.” He asked again, a worried expression stuck on his face.

 

I studied his expression as hard as I could as he had really been hard to read ever since the first time I met him. Last night and today, he seemed really edgy about something; I just did not know what.

 

“You can have other forms of emotions after all.” I commented sarcastically as I looked away, pulling my hand from his grip. “Before I tell you, can I ask you something?” the moment he heard my question, he seemed like he was hesitating to make the deal.

 

“What is it?” he gave in.

 

“How much do you know about me?” I placed my gaze on him and saw him turned to me almost instantly upon hearing my question, the look on his face stunned. I saw him gulped and he probably hesitated on whether he wanted to be honest with me.

 

“More than you know yourself.”

 

His answer shocked me to be honest.  I did not know to react.

 

“Now,” he glared at me, “Tell me what I need to know.” I paused and turned to him. I never intended to let him know what happened last night, but I suddenly felt like I had to be honest. Yet even so, I continue hesitating. I am guessing that he noticed my hesitation, because he spoke up again.

 

“You better be honest with me.” His gaze darkened.