8

Missing You.

Sometimes, I do miss home.

 

But I don't understand teenage girls and their problems.

She runs upstairs and shuts the door tight.

"Whitney!" I yell, "Whitney!"

It was a bag of Lays. Lays. Is the kid on her period?

Out of guilt, I go to her room and knock on the door. "I know you're in there, you little kid."

"I said I'd be here, didn't I?" she answers back, grunting.

With my strength, I force her door open, and she screams, throwing a book right at me. "You broke my ing door!"

"You wouldn't let me in--" she cuts off my excuse and walks forwrd to push me.

"Go away, just, just go!"

"Whitney, I'm your older brother, you should give me some respect--"

With one strong shove, I'm out of the room, two seconds flat. I sit on the floor, some few feet away, and hear her struggling while trying to fix the broken thing. I feel like a monster.

That little kid was part of my life. I'm not sure if I was significant in hers. I grew up without anyone to watch over, and when she came into my life, I began to think about things, things that I wanted to prove to her.

I wanted her to look up to me as a super brother, and I wanted for her to tell me her secrets.

And now, my only wish is to go back in time to prove my little sister that.

Slowly, I take steps to her room and see her on the floor, hugging her knees.

"What's a little kid doing on the floor without adult supervision?" I smile, kneeling down so our eyes meet.

"She's crying," Whitney answers weakly, looking away.

"Hey, next time a guy makes you cry, I'll be sure to beat the living daylights out of him, understand?"

"You can't beat yourself up," her cheeky smile forms, but not wholeheartedly.

"Challenge accepted," I laugh, hugging her.

 "I'll cook you some dinner, tell me what you want for dinner," I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively, "I'm amazing at pasta."

In her strange pyjamas, she shakes her head. "No."

"Come on, Whitney!"

"Can you stop urging me to do things, please."

"Can't you accept my apology already?"

Why do girls have such complicated minds? Before I even hear her answer, I walk outside and slam her door.

Next week, I'm headed to Boston, and in a month, I'll have to be touring with SM Town.

I don't know which week I can spend with my family other than this week, and I don't want to risk losing my family over my career.


I think I should update this more often.. but thanks you, for the love! I'm sorry that my chapters are too short, I don't write long chapters when it feels like the story needs to be told in portions. Haha!