7

Missing You.

"Ha! Henry Lau of Super Superior M? Amazing boy!"

Dad's embarassing call echoes through the whole airport gate.  I hide my face behind mom, who pushes me away.

Super Superior M? Gotta be joking around with me, Dad. My ears ring to Clinton's nasal voice.

"Mommy!" Henry runs to mom, and I fall back slightly, as their bodies create a chain reaction.

"How's this math failure?" Clinton punches my shoulder, then hugs me, pulling me up because I'm shorter than him.

"Clinton, put me down now, or I will--AHH!"

Suddenly, I'm spinning, he's turning around all over the place, and the surroundings become a blur. "Let go of me!"

When his arms are free from my waist, I spin turn and land on Henry. He catches me, a few inches before I hit the ground and pulls me back up. "Yeah, how is the little math failure?" he teases.

"I'm doing great in calculus, how's Mr. Simple?" I smile, and witty comeback mode, on. "I mean, Mr. Single?"

"Shut up," he says in mandarin quietly, "Canadian ELF's are looking."

"Let's get your bags," mom smiles, pinching Henry's cheeks so hard, I see nail marks.

Dad walks with his hand on Clinton's shoulder, and Mom with her hand on Henry's shoulder.

I walk behind them quietly.

People take pictures, but mostly of the rest of the family. Time's changed. We're nearing the exit, when a girl comes up to me and corners me.

"Henry oppa is mine," she says, an icy glare hits me.

I sigh. "Dude, Henry's my br--"

Clinton pulls me, free from another delusional fan.

It's like this every single day. I go somewhere, a girl comes to me and hands me something. It's a gift for Henry.

Sometimes, they go as far as following me around. Even neighbors do this to my family.

All I ask is for a little privacy, and I can die happy. All because of Henry Lau.

"Was the trip fun?" Mom inquires while she's starting the minivan engine, "Can you introduce me to that handsome young man, Choi Siwon?"

"Aiya!" Dad hits her with his hand jokingly, "Ni shi wo de baby girl!"

How he remembers the lyrics to 'Super Girl' but not the band's name, I will never know. The three of us kids burst into laughter.

It feels good to know the family's complete.

Once we're home, Henry drops to the couch and groans really hard, as if giving birth. Clinton, on the other hand heads to his room and uses the time to check his data report for work.

I glance at them both, and look down. Sometimes, even when the people you miss are there, it feels as though you don't know them.

"Hand me the lays," Henry tells me flatly. And I thought we were going to talk again like the old times.

"Get it yourself, I'm going to my room."

I miss Henry and Clinton, so, so much.

But when they come home, I still miss them.

The old them.

 


Feel like doing a double update today. hehe!