11

Missing You.

Can't I get a say on anything?


Just because that guy on the left is my brother, does that mean I'm obligated by law to keep my opinions to myself?
Hell, no. I'm not even doing anything wrong, it's been the same for the last four ing years. People come up to either clinton or me and ask, 'How's Henry? Is he fine? Get me a signature!'. Sure, it's fun to get my fifteen minutes of fame as Henry Lau's sister, but does no one understand that I'm my own person? I play the violin, I get good (well, some) scores in school.

Hey, I could be the next Henry Lau. Henry Lau junior. Henry Lau junior whose brother is Henry Lau from Super Junior.
Mandarin.

As the gas girl fills up the car tank, Henry, annoyed as I see it, sighs and shuts the window, so no one out of the car hears anything.

"Can't you calm yourself down in front of people?" he clenches his fists as he repositions himself calmly. "I don't remember raising you like this. I don't remember the family growing up in such obscenity."

"Am I in oriental China, playing with the Shanghai dragons? No. I should be free to do what I want."

Clinton covers his mouth with an open hand and says through his muffled words, "Damn, burn."

"Don't do that to our heritage. I wouldn't have gotten you that bracelet you wanted if it weren't for my job!"

"What's your job, fagging up the world? Shut up." I sigh.


It's this thing that puts fuel into the fire. Why can't he just accept it? I'm not even that Chinese. I'm already a Canadian.
People in China grow up that way, don't they? No swear words, worship the ancestors, thou shall not speak yada yada yada.
Well? Guess what, I can name twenty bad words in thirty seconds, no sweat.

The car leaves the gas station and we drive on ahead.

"Feeling like you're so damn Chinese," more words come off my mouth, "you didn't even grow up in China, you don't even know how to write in Mandarin!"

"Is it all about our race now? This whole thing started with you saying, 'No, it's ing Bruce Lee'. How could you do that to someone? It was just a fan, and you had to be mean? What happened to respect, it's all drained out of you."

His face looks so intensely furious that it's getting scary.
But do I care? No, not really.

"You think I like listening to you?" I ruffle my hair angrily, then fix it. "I'm out."

It all happens quickly. I step out of the car and into the cold streets. Clinton tries to pull me back but I'm too quick, he almost grabbed my jacket sleeve but I managed to force it out of his hand. He calls me to get in again, but what's the use of it, I don't even want to look back.

All these thoughts are coming to me about running away. Think about it, Whitney, you could be living out whatever the hell you want to live out. You have an ATM card in your pocket, you have cash. What's all there to risk?

" you and all your ELF's!" I scream, kicking the snow with my boots. Henry's eyes widen and he comes out of the car as quickly as he can go.

"Stop being rebellious, it's time to grow up."

He grabs my hand, but I pull back violently, almost making me fall back. "Stop it!"

"Whitney, listen to me!" Henry almost loses his temper. He squeezes my hand, causing it to redden.

 

----

Hmnm. been slacking for awhile. thanks for the support again. ^^

Happy Chinese new year. :-)