Fairy Tale

Just a Typical Love Story (Xiuhan/Lumin Fanfic)

~Chapter 2- Fairy Tale~

When 2:00 finally rolls around, Minseok strips his uniform off, attempts to fix his flyaway hair, and sits down at the table closest to the front door, trying not to look too excited.

Jongdae and Wufan pass by him as they leave. Jongdae winks and mouths something that looks suspicious, and Wufan gives a small smile of encouragement. And then they're gone. The other staff have arrived already and now come out to take over where Minseok, Jongdae, and Wufan left off.

Sehun walks up to where Minseok is sitting, "Hey Minseok, what are you still doing here?" He questions and takes a seat on the opposite side of the table. Minseok takes note of Sehuns latest hair style: bleached blonde with various bright colours. It's the opposite of his personality, but it strangely suits him.

"I'm waiting for a...friend." Minseok replies, somewhat uncomfortably. He doesn't know what Luhan would be considered. 'Friend' doesn't seem like enough, but 'crush' sounds like he's 12 years old, and 'love interest' sounds like he's 50! Not to mention the fact that saying either of those would undoubtedly cause a million questions to sprout from
Sehun.

"Ookay." Sehun seems to sense Minseoks confliction with the word 'friend'. "So did you see that guy singing again this morning? I absolutely loved that one song he did! It suited his voice so well!" Sehun gushes, a dreamy look in his eyes. Completely out of character for him.

Is he mocking me?

Of course he knows that Minseok has an interest in the singing boy, whom Minseok now knows as Luhan, everybody who works here knows, but he doesn't know how deep that interest really is. Only Jongdae and Wufan know that much. Minseok narrows his eyes at Sehun. He doesn't know why exactly, but a spike of jealousy has wormed it's way into him.

Or, maybe... what if Sehun likes Luhan too?

The way he just spoke about him makes it seem possible. Sehun seems not to notice Minseoks gaze of daggers. Before Minseok can think of a witty reply to warn Sehun off of Luhan, the door opens, and a familiar blonde figure steps in. Minseok smiles widely as he spots Luhan, and Sehun gasps in shock. Luhan returns Minseoks smile, and sends a questioning glance towards Sehun.

"Ohmygosh, I'm such a big fan of yours! Wow! You have such a great voice! Why aren't you signed with an entertainment company yet!? You're absolute perfect idol material, I mean, wow... You're great!" Sehun is suddenly on his feet in front of Luhan, spouting compliments like a fountain.

Luhan smiles politely, and nods in response to each thing Sehun says, but his gaze is focused on the boy who's sitting behind the unusually hyper one.

Minseok struggles not to laugh out loud. Sehun definitely has a bit of a crush on Luhan. His reaction to seeing him is very "fangirl-like". Completely out of character for him.

Finally, Sehun quiets down when he notices that Luhan isn't really listening to anything he's saying. He looks slightly annoyed. Minseok finds some sick satisfaction with that fact. Maybe Sehuns crush will dissolve when he learns that Luhan has no interest in him.

You assume he has no interest anyway....

"Thank you." Luhan says politely to the now silent Sehun, and then, "Baozi! Let's go! I have somewhere I want to take you!"

Minseok shoots out of his seat and practically prances over to stand in front of the elf-like boy.

"Where?" He asks curiously. He silently watches Sehuns reaction out of the corner of his eye. The poor boys eyes look about ready to pop out of their sockets, they're so wide, and his mouth is pulled down in a disappointed frown. Minseok can't help but feel a little sorry for him, but he mostly feels triumphant.

Yes! Luhan's mine!

Minseok has no idea when he started to feel so possessive over Luhan... Does he even have any right to?

"Somewhere." Luhan reaches over to grab Minseoks hand and pulls him out the door, and Minseok decides that yes, he has a right to feel possessive of this wonderful creature.

He waves at Sehuns dumbstruck, and more than slightly angry form as he follows Luhan away from the cafe.

"Where are we going?" Minseok presses again.

"To a wonderful little chicken soup restaurant! Perfect for helping to keep the cold weather from affecting you any further! Sorry I didn't tell you back there, that guy seemed like he would have followed us if he knew where we were going." Luhan frowns at the prospect of that occurring.

"Yeah that kind of sounds like something Sehun would do..." Minseok replies, flattered that Luhan cares about being with him enough that it bothers him if they're followed by a "fan".

Luhan doesn't let go of Minseoks hand during the walk to the restaurant, and Minseok isn't about to complain about that. When they arrive at their destination and are seated at one of the low tables, Minseok has to resist the urge to reach underneath of it and grab Luhans soft hands again. Their absence leaves him feeling exposed, just like the time this morning.

Why am I so attached to him already? He probably isn't thinking about me like this....

Minseok sighs and settles for studying Luhans face. His features are just as perfect up close as they are from a distance. His eyes are seriously huge and adorable, his mouth always has a cute little twirk of a smile to it, and his flawless skin looks as soft as a unicorns pelt should feel. Sehun was right about Luhan being idol material. He's got the looks, voice, personality, and judging by the state of his body he might just be able to dance as well. The complete package.

Minseok realizes that he's been checking Luhan out as he was thinking. He quickly snaps his gaze away from Luhans body, and stares at his hands in his lap.

How long was I staring?? I don't want him to think that I'm as obsessive as Sehun!

Embarrassment courses through Minseok, his face heats up and his hands begin to shake uncontrollably. He knows that his reaction is probably over the top, but he can't help it. He's fallen hard for Luhan and he's desperate to not mess this up.

"Baozi, are you okay? You're face is pale! Did you get sick today? I told you you should have taken the day off! I would have taken care of you!" Suddenly Luhan is on Minseoks side of the table, grabbing his hands and checking his temperature.

This entire afternoon is like deja vu to Minseok. It's almost a complete repeat of this morning, causing Minseok to feel the same crazy emotions as he had then.

I'm pale now? First red, now white. Can't my skin just behave and stay normal coloured while I'm around him?

Minseok silently curses his rainbow-tendencied skin as he looks up at the concerned Luhan.
"I'm fine. Just.... Nervous actually..."

Well I might as well tell the truth.

"You're nervous? Why? Because of me?" Luhan's tone carries a hint of hurt, and he starts to pull away from Minseok, releasing his hands yet again.

Minseok realizes that Luhan probably misunderstood his kind-of-confession, so he quickly grabs hold of Luhan, keeping him from leaving.

Forever?

"No! Don't leave!"

My heart can't handle that.

"I mean that it's your fault that I'm like this."

It's your fault that I love you.

"I mean, no! That's not right either! You made me nervous because I was embarrassed...." Luhan looks hurt and confused while listening to Minseoks frantic babbling.

Agh! Why do I so much!?

Minseok decides to take a different approach. He at being subtle so he'll just say it straight out.
Luhans deer eyes are extra wide as they study Minseok curiously.

Minseok looks up at those eyes, staring deep into their chocolatey depths, trying to read the boys reaction to his words, "I mean, I like you Luhan, so I'm nervous that I'm going to mess up, and make you not like me."

Luhan doesn't reply. Instead he lowers his head, hiding his expression from Minseok. The silence continues for a few more agonizing moments. Despair crushes Minseoks earlier optimism.

That's it... I ruined everything. He doesn't like me, and I just ruined the chance that he ever would.

"I... I'm sorry." Minseok whispers, bowing his head as well. He lets go of Luhan, admitting defeat.
It's like his heart has suddenly turned to ice. He's numb, incapable of feeling.

You knew. You knew that you had no chance, but you just couldn't hold back, could you? You're weak Kim Minseok. Weak and pathetic.

Minseok considers getting up and leaving. He's messed up and misinterpreted Luhans actions, so Luhan probably doesn't want him around any longer. Minseok doesn't want to make the boy uncomfortable.

He's just about to rise and walk out of Luhans life forever, but soft words stop him, "No. Don't be sorry. What are you apologizing for, anyway?"

Minseok almost assumes that he's misheard. Luhan couldn't have just said that... Could he? It would hurt him too much to believe it if it wasn't true. So he says nothing in return.

Luhan looks up, and raises Minseoks face so that the two are eye to eye, reading each others emotions. Minseok sees no rejection in Luhans eyes. No anger, or remorse, or guilt, or any type of negative emotion at all. Instead he sees warmth.
He finds himself entranced by the pure goodness emanating from the blonde boy in front of him.

Luhan smiles, "Lets skip the soup. There's somewhere else that I had planned to take you to as well." He slides himself back towards the smaller boy and leans to whisper in his ear.
"After I had told you that I like you. You beat me to it though, so..." Luhan shrugs, looking sheepish, yet confident.

Minseok closes his eyes. He had felt Luhans breath tickle against his ear, and it has sent fireworks off inside of him. All he can manage to do is nod at Luhan, before being pulled to his feet and lead back out the door. Minseok stays silent, his mind is still trying to process what just happened.

Luhan.... Likes me? Well there's only one way to be sure...

"Luhan. Can you... Repeat what you said?" Minseok says quietly, forcing himself to speak the words. Luhan stops abruptly in the middle of the sidewalk, and turns to face Minseok, who stumbles and grabs onto Luhan for support. They stand there, just looking at each other, in an almost awkward position. But it doesn't matter that it's awkward, because they're together, and touching, and Minseok can't focus on anything except for that. Until Luhans sweet voice draws his attention.

He stands confidently, looking directly into Minseoks nervous face, "Minseok. I officially announce that I, Luhan, have an insatiable hunger to be with you." He's completely serious, despite the humorous nature of the words, and Minseok finds himself unable to resist giggling at the perfect boy.

Well those weren't quite the same words, but I'll take whatever! As long as they have the same meaning!

Relief washes over Minseok. He stands in front of Luhan, trying to look as serious and confident as the other boy, "Luhan. I, Kim Minseok, officially announce that I will attempt to satisfy your hunger, by becoming your Baozi." He wonders where all of this confidence suddenly came from, but he welcomes it without question.

A smile spreads across Luhans face, lighting up every single feature; His eyes shine, his skin glows, and Minseok loves every part of it. He feels as happy as Luhan looks, but he knows that he probably doesn't look quite as perfect. The way that Luhan is looking at him though, suggests otherwise.
Minseok loves that too.

"Good." Luhan says simply, before he wraps an arm around Minseoks waist, and they continue on their way.

This day is turning out to be something more associated with a fairy tale. Luhan is perfect enough to be from one, but Minseok has absolutely no idea why he's part of this story. The way everything is playing out seems way too cliche to be true.

Who cares? Just be happy! Minseok tells himself.

Stop over thinking, and just enjoy it.

He obeys his mind, and returns his full attention to the feeling of being close to Luhan. He rests his head against the boys shoulder, just enjoying the moment and ignoring the stares from the people on the street.

"So, where are we going?" Minseok asks, curiosity and excitement mixing with his elation.

Luhan grins, "My apartment." He winks. Minseoks eyes widen, and he can't breathe.


Farther back down the street, a figure lurks. The afternoon sun glints off of his rainbow hair, making him way too noticeable as he follows behind the two boys. Surprisingly, neither of them notice him, otherwise they probably wouldn't have stopped to have their little intimate moment. The following boy watches them, glaring at the shorter one. Luhan is his crush. Hadn't he displayed that enough? Minseok probably is just pretending to like Luhan, just to make him mad. Deep down he knows that that's completely out of character for Minseok, who is always kind and considerate, but he pushes that thought aside and focuses on another one: He feels betrayed, and he wants revenge.
Luhan is his.