You Again?

Sing With Me

"We're going to the convenience store nearby. We'll be back in 15 minutes. Tell Sunggyu hyung if he ever asks'", Dongwoo said to Myungsoo while opening the door. Myungsoo looked at the clock above the television, 10.30 PM. Dongwoo and Hoya waved to Myungsoo with a smile before leaving. Myungsoo waved back at them with a smirk.  About a minute after the both of them had left, Myungsoo noticed that the door was left ajar by Hoya, who was the last to leave. He got up from the sofa and walked to the door, closing it shut. When he turned back, he got so surprised that his eyes (including his pupil) turned wide. His mouth dropped slightly open.

Busker was gone.

"Oh ".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10.32 PM

 

Myungsoo POV

It wasn't until after a minute that Dongwoo hyung and Hoya hyung had just left that I noticed Busker was missing. I know that doesn't exactly make me the ideal  role model guy for proper care for dogs, but there you have it. Busker was gone. The first thing I did was start calling his name, which was ridiculous. He was a little puppy, not an adult dog. He didn't come when called cuz he wasn't trained yet. He's just been in the house with new people for just an hour or so. An hour. 

I searched the entire house as quietly and unnoticeably as possible, not to wake up the other members who by now, are already sound asleep. I returned back to the living room, panic rising in me. Then, it hit me. The front door. It was left ajar just now. Then I asked myself, "When was the last time I'd seen Busker? About 2 minutes ago."

I did another thorough search of the house. It was a small house (or dorm). No Busker.

This presented a huge problem. If he wasn't here in the house, then he might be wondering out on the streets. I would have asked the maknae Sungjong to help me in my search, but he was already his thumb like a baby while he was in a deep sleep (i guess). I'd have considered swallowing my life and tell Sunggyu hyung what had happened, but he (like the other 2 members) was already in a dreamy sleep (just from the looks of his face).  I had no choice. I had to find him and get him back by hook or by crook. I had to search inside and out, high and low, and I had to do all this without the other members noticing me. It was pretty much my fault for letting Busker run away. After all, he was our Busker, my Busker. The pet that i alone named. I - no... we couldn't imagine a world without him (even if I'm not that of a big animal lover).

I dressed in all black, like the ones you see in movies-cat burglars, creepers, those who did not want to be seen. When I arrived at the street not for from the house it was already dark (obviously, since it's already past 10 and the street becomes deserted by 9). Nobody there.

I peered, high and low, around the streets and the shops to catch a glimpse of Busker. Changmin's cafe was already closed up, the stool on the counter, floors swept clean of dust and dirt. The only lights of the cafe were the red neon lights that shows the word 'Cafe'. There didn't seem to be any light coming from the rear of the cafe, but I crept around the cafe just to make sure. Then I peered through the entire street to see any signs of Buster from where I was standing, the cafe. 

Then I heard it, A noise right behind me. Behind the street lamp on my right. I stopped breathing. I closed my eyes. I didn't move, but listened. 

Whispering. Someone was back there. Behind the street lamp. Whispering to somebody else. I'm pretty sure that there wasn't anyone on the streets by now. It was only me. Alone. 

I thought: Isn't this how tragic stories end? With a guy who looks like a burglar. Getting caught by a police, or someone else. 

I weighed my options. Sprint to my left, heading straight back to the dorm. "Better to leave now and run like crazy to the opposite direction, right?", I thought to myself. But I didn't move. My whole body was just frozen in place, with my head stiff from wanting to turn behind. More whispering. Some shushing. Shhh-shhh-shhh. Followed by a high-pitched bark. The sound that Busker made when he was happily cuddled tightly by Sungjong.

"Busker?" I whispered. It didn't matter that he didn't know his name, that he never responded to it; I just couldn't think to do. "Busker?" I said louder. I didn't want to look behind at him. I wanted him to come to me. Part of the reason is (maybe) I'm afraid of what'll happen next. I wanted him to break free from his captor, grab him and run as fast as I can back to the dorm. I heard some shuffling (or so I heard). The sound of a cookie being crushed into pieces. And then a voice.

"Hello?"

It was a soft yet with a decency tone in it. The voice of a guy.

"Hello?" I responded, slightly shaky in my voice.

"Um, if you're trying to call out your little puppy's name, the idea is to call it in a more playful way so that it can really come to you. You don't actually say it so loudly till the whole South Korea can hear it."

I had to admit, now that it was pointed out to me. "I know how to call my own pet," I said. I turned behind to look at the guy. The guy stepped out from behind the street lamp, covering almost his entire torso. His black hair was long till it covered his ears, he had holes in the knees of his jeans and he was tall. He was holding onto Busker, holding him like a new-born baby. 

"You mean him?" He lifted his head.

Him. It was the exact guy I met yesterday at the cafe. I could remember him clearly now. The guy that made my heart beat twice as fast whenever I see him.

"You! You again?". I said frantically.

"Oh. It's you. I figure this cute little puppy belongs to you?" he replied while playing with Busker playfully.

"Urm... yeah. And who are you?"

I should have asked that question first. He was the one hiding behind the street lamp. He was the one holding my pet puppy and feeding him God knows what. "I'm Myungsoo".

He gave hold of Busker to me. He stuck in his hand into the pocket of his jeans, slightly arching back a little. 

"I'm Lee Sungyeol".

The name Lee Sungyeol will (somehow) be stuck in my head for the following days, weeks, months or even years.

I nodded to his introduction.

"So, I need to get going. It's getting late already." 

"Yeah. Me too. So, maybe, we'll see each other if we ever meet again?" I said, in a tone that doesn't really want to end the conversation between the both of us.

"We'll definitely meet again. Sooner than you ever think". he said back before turning back to the dark streets. Smiling at me before he vanishes through the night.

I just stood there for a moment. Trying to process everything in my brain. The next thing I knew it, Busker was already squealing at me. 

"Alright alright. Let's go home. And you've been a bad bad boy haven't you?".

 

11.03 PM

Myungsoo arrived home right after Dongwoo and Hoya had just gotten back home from the convenience store. Dongwoo and Hoya was their ice creams. Dongwoo, chocolate flavored while Hoya, vanilla flavoured (just to keep his loveable abs in shape)

"Where have you been, with Busker?". Dongwoo asked, enjoying his chocolate while watching the tv in the living room, eyes stuck on the screen.

"Oh, we just ... we just had a little walk. That's all." Myungsoo said while putting Busker in his basket.

"Looks like you've become real close with him". 

"Yeah~ hyung, goodnight!". Myungsoo said, rushing into his room and slammed the door shut.

Myungsoo's upcoming days will be more unexpected then what he ever expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Halllooo~

                                            Anyways, Chapter 4 will be up in two days so stay tuned.                                            

Oh, if there is any grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. errors and mistakes, I deeply apologize.

Love yall~

Comments are very much appreciated

Thanks ^^