A Name

Sing With Me

For some people it's the smell of deodorant. Or sweat. A person telling you to keep practicing harder and harder and harder (Sunggyu of course) Everyone has that smell. The particular scent that transports to you , even if its only in an instant, since your childhood. 

For Myungsoo, it's the smell of effort, tiredness and patience. The smell that had his nose flattered out for 2 years now. Everyday. Every week. Every month, Every year. For two straight years. But he's used to it by now (or he thought he had) They've been training for 2 years now. They're going to have their official debut next month. For that reason, much preparation were made for them to debut as beautifully as possible (like polishing a diamond until you know it turns shiny and crystal clear)

"Come on, again guys", hamster-looking Sunggyu said going nearer to the radio to turn on their music. "Ahhhh~, hyunggg", Dongwoo and Myungsoo whined at the same time. Myungsoo was sitting at the corner of the practice room, daydreaming about something while Dongwoo had just opened the cap of his second bottle of water. "It's been 8 hours already and we're so tired hyung!", Hoya who was fidgeting Dongwoo's t-shirt while lying his head on his lap. Woohyun, who was beside the radio, seemed like the only one who didn't complained or even said anything. This has always intrigued Myungsoo's perspective and understanding on Woohyun. "How can he handle Sunggyu hyung like it's a piece of cake", he thought to himself. "Something's going on with the both of them, don't you think?", the maknae, Sungjong, was already beside Myungsoo, chewing a bar of chocolate. 

Sungjong, the maknae that had always soothe down Myungsoo whenever he feels down or angry or tired. His adorable and playful personality never fails to make Myungsoo smile from ear to ear. Myungsoo shrugged and gave a smile to the younger.He looked away from the maknae. He basically has lived half of his life (or more) with these people. So he knows all of their personalities and attitudes. He's gotten used to it already with all the noise, the drama and other stuffs. He can even tell who that person is by just hearing the way he breaths.

Hoya stood up first (hesitantly of course) while mumbling something under his breath, loud enough for Sunggyu to hear. "Stop mumbling and hurry up. The others too", the charismatic leader said. Woohyun stood up happily. Myungsoo and Sungjong was already like zombies, walking closer to the mirrored-wall part of the room. Dongwoo (who now had finished his bottle of water) crawling like a cat, was already beginning to stand up when Sunggyu, in front of him, glared down at the dino-looking boy.

---

After another 3 hours of exhausting and mind-blowing (just to let you imagine how hard it is for idols to practice before they debut) training, a sound of the studio's door knob being twisted is heard. Their manager, Jung Ryul came in as always, to check on them. He's been worried since the the very beginning, that is, when the company's CEO told them that they are ready to debut. The boys are debuting this summer and they still have no name for they're own. Even the company's CEO is running out of names for the boys. So the CEO let's the boys decide the name for themselves. 

"How was practice?', Jung Ryul asked in a light but husky tone voice.

"Tiring", Sungjong said, while unwrapping a bar of chocolate.

"Exhausting", Dongwoo said while letting out a loud sigh that can be heard throught the entire room.

"!" Hoya exclaimed beside Dongwoo with panting breaths that follows.

"Ahhhh~~~", Myungsoo, who was already lying on the floor half-dead said.

"Well, I hope everything is going well for you guys cuz I'm really worried for all of you and you still haven't come up with a name for your group yet." He shook his head. "We're gonna need a name. Fast". He waited for one of them to say something. And waited. Myungsoo then stared downthe floor with an annoyed look. Reminiscing his thoughts about the group's name.

MYUNGSOO POV

Erggghhhh~ manager hyung. He's been like this since the beginning of time! Giving a name for the group huh? Well, i tried giving suggestions to Sunggyu hyung but they were all were rejected. I wonder why? I mean, ... 'The Pop Boys' isn't such a bad name. Or 'The Rooks'. Or even "Pretty Little Guys'. That works too. Sungjongie's  'Chocolate Poppers' is kinda cute. Dongwoo hyung's 'Power Tone'  is sooo childish. Maybe he watched too much tv. Might as well name the group Power Rangers ---

 

Myungsoo's thoughts were cut short by Jung Ryul who spoke to him after some time of waiting. "Got any suggestions, L?"

"Ermmm ... not really". he said. (he had a name for it but thought that it's going to be laughed at if he ever said it)

Jung Ryul released a deep sigh. "Alright alright. Pack everything up. We're leaving in five." he said while touching his temples.

The boys were so relieved and excited that they got up and packed they're belongings in the speed of light . All except Sunggyu who was just smiling about his youngers actions. The boys got out one by one and Sunggyu got out the last, switching the lights.

Woohyun, Sunggyu and Sungjong was already inside the van. The back row. Woohyun and Sunggyu was talking about today's practice and the choreography while Sungjong (as always) was chewing his chocolate bar, leaving marks of chocolate on the sides of his lips. Dongwoo and Hoya was already fast asleep in the front row. Hoya's head was on Dongwoo's shoulder while Dongwoo's head was on Hoyas'. Myungsoo was at the passenger's seat next to Jung Ryul. 

On their way home. "Hyung, can I stop by the cafe when we reach home? I'm really craving for some coffee,"  Myungsoo said softly but loud enough for Jung Ryul to hear. "Well, ...". At that time, Myungsoo put on his most cutest smile along with his puppy eyes. Jung Ryul looked at Myungsoo with a smile and said "Sure, why not." Myungsoo smiled happily to Jung Ryul before looking back at the now illuminated city skyline.

The boys went up to their dorm when they arrived. "Be back home as soon as possible okay?". Jung Ryul said to Myungsoo who was unbuckling his seat belt. "Arraseo~~~", Myungsoo said with a smile before disappearing into the night. The cafe is a stone's throw away from their dorm. So Jung Ryul isn't that worried with Myungsoo going to the cafe alone. Besides, the streets to the cafe is pretty deserted after 9.

The cafe was pretty much empty when Myungsoo stepped in. He went up to the barista who's he known since he and the boys moved into that area. "As usual Changmin. The night's special". The barista smiled at him before making his 'caramel brûlée latte'. 

"Peppermint mocha please," a voice said beside Myungsoo. He looked up at that person beside him. The man was tall, at least 3 or 4 cm taller than him. He's also might be a year or two older than him based on Myugsoo's observation. He had a handsome and good-looking face. A face that looked like he might be a prankster who acts all innocent. When that person looked at Myungsoo, he was astonished with his eyes. He had the most beautiful eyes Myungsoo has ever seen (for a guy that is). The person smiled at Myungsoo before taking his latte, placed the money on the counter top and went out of the cafe. Myungsoo's heart beat was twice as fast when that person looked at him. "What's wrong with me?" he thought to himself.

"Hey. Hey!", the barista said loudly to Myungsoo before giving his latte. Myungsoo awaked from his 'state of trance' before paying for his latte.

He left the cafe and headed back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helllooooo there!

First of all, I'm sorry if there's any grammar, spelling, etc mistakes. I'm also sorry if the storyline isn't that good for you. I'll try and fix it so please comment

Secondly, the real story begins in Chapter 2. So stay tuned!

Love all of you!

Comments are deeply appreciated

Thanks!