Their Tears

31st October

Author's Note: Sorry for the change of style, it's in 3rd point of view instead of diary format. Now, please enjoy this update!


Minji ran.

She ran as far as her legs could take her.

She ran as if tomorrow never comes.

She ran as if by escaping will be able to erase that memory.

Minji panted.

She panted heavily when she was almost out of breath.

She panted heavily when she realised he wasn’t chasing after her.

She panted heavily when she realised she was far away from him.

Minji found herself on the other side of the beach. She let the warm liquid, that she tried very hard to contain, free. That allowed the warm fluid to ooze out from her two brown orbs filled with mixed emotions.

Those were the tears that contained pain and hurt, she was so hurt that her first kiss was a stolen one. She actually planned to have her first kiss with the guy who will be her lifetime partner not a male friend who she feel that they are quite good friends.

Those were the tears that contained sadness and sorrowfulness. She could have immediately rejected him by pushing away and not response to the kiss but she didn’t.

Those were the tears that contained confusion and bewilderment. Multiple questions appeared in her head as to why she had reacted to it. The most puzzling question of all was ‘Is she in love with him?’

Those were the tears that contained joy and happiness, a tiny part of her felt that getting his lips was an accomplishment, being a fangirl of his, she is more than honoured.

Those were the tears that contained rage and fury, never had she intended to loss consciousness for that moment to decide whether she should or not respond to that kiss.

Those were the tears that contained worries and woe as she was afraid that she was being seen by others, but this beach is quite empty that day. However, so, she was afraid of not knowing how to face him again.

She sat down on the sand, trying to clam herself down in presence of the clashes of the waves, the howling wind and the rustling of the wind.

When she felt that her tears are dried and she was feeling better, she called her manager.

“Manager oppa, I’m Minji. I am at the beach can you pick me up and send me home?” Minji asked, upon getting the reply she wanted she continued, “Thank you oppa. Oppa, just in case you know SHINee’s manager, tell him that SHINee’s maknae is out in this beach. He is not with me. I wanted to distress, while I’m not sure what’s he’s doing. Anyway, I saw him, all alone. Bye oppa, see you!” Minji ended the phone call.

Then, she continued on cooling herself down and tried very hard to forget about what happened earlier on, but failed miserably.

On the other side of the beach was Taemin, he ruffled his hair in distress. For the past hour, Taemin had been sitting there on the quiet isolated seaside since Minji left him there. He had been shifting his glances around the scenic seaside. Afterwards, he stared at the broad sea, followed by dazing at the vast blue sky with the ever slow moving clouds that only moved from its position from what it seemed like years. The waves seemed to be on Minji’s side. It had been gentle, earlier on with Minji there. Since Minji left Taemin at that spot, the waves clashed angrily, trying to overtake the previous one, as they got closer to Taemin’s seat. He was initially about five metres away from the seaside but now wasn't, Taemin is drenched in seawater. Yet, he did not even feel like moving away from the spot but continued on self-reflecting. The wind howled as the wind tried to comfort Taemin with its coldness and it was avail.

During that duration, tons and tons of thoughts penetrated into his brain, roaming around in his mind. His head was about to explode as he still could not figure out why he had kissed Minji though he knew he like Minji, realising it earlier that day when he was writing his diary entry.

At the seaside, earlier on, he was just being playful with Minji, so he playfully settled his head onto Minji’s right shoulder. To his surprise, Minji did not show any sign of protest which made him continued to by tilting his head towards her, pushing his face closer to hers. Their face was so close to each other that they felt each other’s warm breath. At that moment, gentleman Lee Taemin’s soul vanished into thin air and the monster in him overtook his consciousness, claiming Minji’s lips vigorously with his lips. To him, her lips tasted like ecstasy. At that very moment, he felt that he was floating in heaven. The next moment, the satisfied monster had vanished and the gentleman Taemin came back and was greeted by Minji’s teary eyes which contained shock, anger and sadness. Then, Minji escaped from Taemin, leaving him frozen on his spot as he felt that he had fallen from heaven all the way to hell. He actually wanted to chase after Minji. However, he felt that she needed time to cool down and he needed time to reflect on his wrongdoings.

He sniffled, trying to stop his eyes from producing the warm fluids that continuously flowed down his face. He knew that his eyes were red and his voice was croaking as he repeated like a broken recorder to himself, “Lee Taemin, you are such a fool. A fool!”

The sun was resting on the sea’s endless border. It was beautiful and a rather romantic scenery. Taemin actually intended to keep Minji by his side in this seaside to watch the sun set together, to dance together along the waves, to stargaze together under the vast sky. Apparently, he was the one who screwed up the whole day.

He was so deep in his thoughts, reflecting so much till, he was actually drenched in the sea water that was covering him till it was half his body when he was seated. Taemin looked up and saw the grey sky. Those clouds were ever grey, it seemed like the sky would drop in any time soon. The wind was anger at him and shouted at him with its howling as it punched his hair so hard, that his actually neatly combed hair, was disarrayed. The wind, also, wrapped in a tight embrace, warning him not to mess with Minji while he shivered in cold.

The sun was almost gone. The lightning streaked the clouds. The thunder rumbled. The white clouds ran away and being replaced by the dark grey clouds that were ever heavy. The moon and the stars were too afraid to be out in the sky as the unpleasant weather was about to rule the seaside. It was autumn and was about 18 degree celsius cold.

Taemin gave himself a bitter smile and let out a pathetic laugh. He was really tempted to stay there and then get drowned by the seaor frozen to death by the coldness in the air and the seawater. He really wanted be dead so badly for that he felt that he was ever foolish. Who else can be more foolish than him?

Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrated, followed by his ringtone. His phone was soaked in the sea water. When he took his phone out from the pocket, his phone floated a little bit away. Taemin had to stretched himself to have his phone in his hands. He then picked up the phone call, it was from his manager.

“Yeboseyo,” He answered.

“You’re at the beach?” His manager asked him.

“How do you know?” Taemin asked.

“2NE1’s manager told me,” His manager said and a smile suddenly replaced the frown on his face for that he knew which 2NE1 member had tipped her manager and that mean she still cared about him even if she is upset at him. His manager asked, “Anyways, do you need me to drive you back?”

“No need, but I would be back late, the distance from the beach to the dorm is going to take some time.” Taemin said.

After that phone call, the soulless Taemin had suddenly rejuvenated. He quickly get up from that spot and dashed to his car. He was lucky that he had extra clothes in his car and quickly dried himself and changed his clothes. After squeezing the sea water from his drenched clothes in the car park, just outside of his car, he jumped into his car and drove off. He sped off, he wanted to reach his dorm as fast as possible to be cleaned and to contact Minji.

Upon arrival, at his dorm, he quickly showered while his phone regains energy after being soaked in the sea for an hour or two, it was a miracle that it was still working. Taemin finally got his phone with his right hand as his ruffled his wet hair on his left, in attempt to dry his hair. He messaged Minji.

Meanwhile, Minji was in her room, in her dorm, bawling her eyes out as she was confused with her feelings for Lee Taemin. Just then, her phone vibrated. It was a message from BEAST’s Kikwang, it read:
Minji, I am sorry that I wasn’t free just now, want to go for a drink with me now or want to have a dance battle together?

Just as she was about to reply to his message, her phone vibrated again. This time it was a message from SHINee’s Taemin, it read:
Minji, Taemin oppa is so sorry for what I did earlier on. Can we meet out now so we can have a talk about it?

Suddenly, Minji’s tears dried up. Now she was in a dilemma on who to meet up: Kikwang oppa, the one that she is comfortable with, or, Taemin oppa, to clear the misunderstanding there?