Her diary I

31st October

31st October 2013

Dear Diary,

Yay! It’s Halloween again. Halloween is the time where you can play dress up no matter how old you are. Treats will be given, candies! Halloween may be creepy, scary but hey, it’s fun. It’s Halloween today. My schedules were cleared and there’s nothing for me to do, my unnies were back at their home. Me? I was at our dorm because I think I would like to be lazy for a day. But then I do have a wish list for the day, I wish someone will celebrate with me this Halloween. Ever since, I became an idol, the Halloweens I had were always different. However, there was one that imprinted in my brain. To me, that was the best Halloween ever.

The best Halloween I ever had was three years ago when I was selected for a dance collaboration. The fact that I am in YG entertainment means independence. I know clearly that Hyun Suk Sajangnim rejected some schedules for our own good but that also means that we have fewer interactions with idols from other companies. But having fewer schedules also does not mean you can’t have friends from other companies.

Alas, I was thankful that I received the chance to work with other idols for that Halloween 2010. It was because was a rookie then yet I am given the chance to collaborate with four handsome hulks and I was the only female there but they looked after me. The five of us had a dance collaborated stage as we moved our bodies to the song ‘Thriller’ by Michael Jackson. I am a fan of Michael Jackson so I it doubled my enjoyment.

If anyone were to ask me who gave me the best impression among the four male idols: 2PM’s Wooyoung and Chansung, Beast’s Kikwang and SHINee’s Taemin, I would say it’s all of them, as I was the only female and the maknae there. They look out for me and cared for me and it was a piece of pleasant memory.

If you ask me to choose one out of the four of them, I would choose Taemin. Maybe it was because I was secretly Taemin’s fan? Or was it because he is only half a year older than me while others was older than me with a larger ? Or was it because YG and SM weren’t really on good terms so seeing him all friendly, somewhat crept me out? Or was it because both of us have same role in our groups and we can relate better? I am not sure… One thing I know is Taemin and I are similar in a few ways other than being the dance machine of the group; we are also the maknaes of our group. We own pet dogs. But we hadn’t had a chance to know each other until the collaboration.

I personally feel that there should be idols bonding event so they will know each other more. I think I know it was because of the dance collaboration, I am closer to the four of them. We even had our little group chat in ‘Kakao Talk’, as we can always hang up and sharpen our dance together but we mustn’t get caught by our fans as it will became headlines: SM, YG, JYP and Cube dances gathering! Imagine that and I wondered what will the fans do… But I know we will be in trouble… Trouble means disaster so we are so not letting it happen!

At this moment, it’s almost noon, who would actually write a diary entry during noon? I think it’s only me, because Yes sir, I am one of a kind (should be sang as how Jiyong oppa did it in his song ‘One of a Kind’). Well… In this beautiful afternoon where no one is at home, I should laze around.

If I were to laze around, would there be anyone to celebrate with me this Halloween? I love to have fun if there’s someone willing to have fun with me, I would…

There isn’t reward to give…

Maybe, I should bake some cookies, if there is anyone who wants to play with me this Halloween, I would give a box of cookies away. But there’s no one, I would check what’s up with my fans today.

I will be right back!


I’m back and hey, none of my friends actually asked me to hang out with them after an hour of mixing the floor, shaping the cookies and placing them into the oven. Do they think I am too busy or are they too busy?

Never mind, I should enjoy this rest day and be an ordinary person, I mean, away from public, away from eyes of the others.

I want to sharpen my dance, but are there anyone to dance with me?

Nope. Youngbae oppa is busy but he wasn’t the only one, Seungri oppa, Chansung oppa, Wooyoung oppa, Kikwang oppa, Taemin oppa too.

Sure, it’s a lonely day.

 I saw my Stitch plushie sitting by my bed, I smiled and hugged it.

It was a piece of memory Taemin and I shared. That was the moment he gave me the stitch plushie. It was on this day, three years ago at the backstage where he gave me my favourite soft toy Stitch. The one he gave was a sixteenth inch plush Stitch hugging a heart. That heart was special. It had a signature which does not belong to me, but belonged to him, Lee Taemin; SHINee’s Taemin. I smiled upon recalling that scene where he gave me that Stitch that I held upon to.

"Minji," His gentle voice called out in which I turned around and asked him, "What is it oppa?" His hands were at his back and it was obvious that he was gripping onto something. "Happy Halloween!" Taemin oppa said as he passed me that plush toy Stitch. "Don't forget me, at least remember that we once had this Halloween stage together," Taemin said as he took a marker and sign his signature on the heart the Stitch was holding. I smiled and then looked down. "But oppa, I did not prepare anything for you..." I mumbled. Taemin oppa just smiled and pinched my cheeks lightly with his both of his hands. "I gave this on my own will and I don't expect anything in return," He said. I nodded my head and pulled him close me and embrace him. "Thank you Taemin oppa," I whispered in his ears and he returned the embrace. Seconds later, the embrace was broken but I had remembered it for three years.

Thank you Taemin oppa, I am your luckiest fangirl.

I am his fan but I always tried to have a poker face as fans are detectives, well the fact that unnies knew that I am Taemin’s fangirl are already killing me with their teasings. It’s enough already though… I would like to thank Amber unnie for bringing me to Taemin at times to get autographed albums and spend time together. Those memories with Taemin were fun, being an idol and a fangirl is cool.

The doorbell is ringing... I will be back later.

Mingkki signing out now… I might be back real soon.
Later, my diary
Lonely Mingkki