Sandcastle 4 – Back to tomorrow

Sandcastle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I missed you too, baby.”

 

As soon as the couple broke their hug, Amber remembered the bouquet of flowers she brought.

 

“Wait here. I just forgot something. This will be really quick.” She excused herself, not forgetting to give the long-haired girl a playful wink.

 

All the while, the girl just watched the tomboy quickly jogged her way towards a table in one of the coffee booths in the airport and picked up a flower, and she couldn’t help but feel the heat rushing through her head as the tomboy gave her a toothy grin as she finally stood in front of her.

 

“This is for you… Arisa-chan.”

 

--------------------------------------

Inside a simple, but neat apartment’s dining room seated a man in his late thirties on a sofa, sipping a cup of coffee. The dining table was good for four, but the other three chairs were barely moved. The owner barely had visitors, and in situations that he had, they barely reach the other parts of his house. It’s his sanctuary, a personal space, and letting somebody else invade it is something that he doesn’t really like. He barely has some close friends anyway. It was hard to invest on too many friends, when he barely has free time anyway. In times that he doesn’t have anything to do, he’d rather spend the quality time by himself.

 

He looked at his wristwatch and noticed that it’s almost time for him to go to work. After washing the dishes, he quickly dressed up neatly in his polo and tie. After making sure that his hair was neatly combed, he went towards the doorstep and put on his leather shoes.

 

As he stepped out of his convertible, he once again checked his wristwatch and was satisfied that he got in the hospital just a few minutes earlier than usual. With poise, he appeared so handsome and smart with every step he takes in the hospital wearing his white coat. The first thing he did after logging in was to go to his office and fix his desk. He then went to the nurse’s station to meet up with his colleague, who was on duty the night before to have some updates regarding the things that happened in the ward, check the patient’s charts, taking note of their progress, and checking their latest laboratories before going to each of their rooms to check up on them. It’s always the same routine every single day that he’s on duty. It’s just a bit different if he has clinic schedules on that day.

 

It was already a few minutes before 12 when he finished his rounds on the patients, just in time for him to drop by the café in front of the hospital. As soon as he stepped in the café, he noticed the different atmosphere inside. He looked around and saw the owner of the place happily talking to the girl in front of her. A small smile flashed on his face. He then approached the couple and gently tapped the owner’s shoulder before saying, “I almost didn’t recognize you Arisa-chan. No wonder my little dongsaeng here has this, you know, brightly shining smile on her face.”

 

“Jaejoong oppa!” The girl immediately stood up and hugged the guy quickly. After greeting each other, Amber invited the doctor to join them in their lunch. He denied the offer at first, not wanting to disturb the couple’s lunch date, but after a couple of convincing, he finally agreed. Amber stood up and sat beside the girl and let the older man to take the seat in front of them.

 

“Lunch’s free for today, hyung.” Amber told him.

 

“You know that I’ll never deny that one, Amber.” He smiled. Yes, it was a genuine smile that he barely does. Amber and Arisa are one of those people, who were able to reach that part of his house that not many people reach. He’s known Amber ever since he started working in the hospital, where he’s working now. He was quite reserved at first, but Amber is the type of person, who has this kind aura in her. He knew that he could trust her and so a friendship between them was established. Same happened with her girlfriend. They are his little dongsaengs.

 

“It’s good to hear that you’re going to stay here a bit longer, Arisa. Amber here won’t be lonely anymore.” He said pointing to a pouting tomboy, making him look like a puppy, who’s asking for its owner to pet his head.

 

“Aigoo… My baby is lonely without me?” The girl asked while shuffling her fingers on the tomboy’s chin.

 

“Hmm.” The tomboy nodded.

 

Seeing how cutely her girlfriend is playing, Arisa found it hard not to place a quick peck on the pouting lips of the girl in front of her, turning it to a smile.

 

“I love you.” She mouthed to the tomboy.

 

“I love you, too.” Amber mouthed back.

 

“This is the reason why I don’t want to join you guys. I just want to remind you that I’m here, okay?” Jaejoong joked.

 

“Oops, sorry hyung. Anyway, Arisa isn’t supposed to be back here yet, but thanks to that modeling offer that she gladly accepted, I was able to be with her earlier and longer than expected.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter