Ballet - Jongin

Daily Life with You - Imagine Edtion

Sitting outside of the dance classroom, you watched your 6-year-old daughter Olivia through the plastic window. Just like any other day when she has ballet classes, you smiled as she was jumping up and down with the other kids or trying to follow what the teacher does.

The mothers of other kids weren’t here chatting with you today, but you enjoyed watching the little pumpkin dancing in her little pink leotard and listening to the faint classical ballet music from the dance room.

Just when you’re zoning out as they’re repeating the steps again and again, you felt a tight squeeze around your waist, followed by a peck on your left cheek.

You turned around and with a shocked face, it’s Jongin.

“Why are you here?”  

“I was allowed to leave early today, so I came here to see Olivia.” Jongin was happy because he really likes it when he gets to see Olivia dances. Usually he could only come home at 10pm and Olivia was about to sleep, he would treasure the moments when he got to see Olivia.

He then sat down beside you and his eyes were set on the little girl with her curly brown hair tied up into a bun. You looked at him and smiled, recalling how good a dancer he was.

The class has ended and your little girl came out running into Jongin’s embrace.

“DADDYY!!!!!!” The studio was filled with the little girl’s laughter.

“How’s our little pumpkin today? Did you have fun?” Jongin said as he lifted up Olivia.

She nodded her head and planted a kiss on Jongin’s cheek, smiling like the happiest angel.

 

 

“She’s got your genes, Jongin.” You said while you looked at Jongin who was driving, then turned over to the backseat to look at Olivia playing with her fingers.

“You’re making me miss ballet now, hun.”

“Maybe you should teach her when you’re free, have some father-daughter time with her.”

 

His hand reached out for yours and squeezed it tightly, he knew you love to see him dancing ever since high school. You’d be there for all of his performances and practices, you love to see how gracefully he dances. However he had to quit dancing after you had Olivia, because he had to work harder for the family. Occasionally he would show a few ballet moves to cheer you up, or when both of you celebrates your anniversaries, because ballet was the reason both of you met.

“I will, hun. Don’t worry, I will still dance for both of you, you’re always the reason why I enjoy dancing.”

He has grown into a mature man ever since Olivia was born, you could see that he’s being much more responsible in everything he does. But you didn’t want him to lose his happiness as well, you’d always hope that he could continue dancing as his hobby.

You sat at the couch and observed the love ones dancing step by step, how much Jongin has changed over the years. He was no longer the naïve young man who danced to impress you, you’re now looking at a loving father who wanted to make his child happy by spending precious time together.

“Hun, come and show your moves to Olivia!”

You shook your head and laughed it off, thinking how rusty your dance skills are.

Jongin walked towards you and pulled you into his embrace.

“Come on, don’t disappoint our cutie pie, aite?” He whispered into your ears and kissed your cheek, you gave in because you just didn’t know how to resist when he’s pleading with his big warm smile.

You agreed to show off some steps and Olivia was clapping her hands happily because she has almost never seen you danced. Your husband sat down with Olivia sitting on his lap, enjoying your little showcase.

He held Olivia’s hands and clapped them as he looked at her joyful face after you stopped dancing due to embarrassment.

Jongin lifted up his head and gazed into your eyes.

“You never changed, hun. Still as beautiful as the first day I met you.”