Results Day - Baekhyun

Daily Life with You - Imagine Edtion

It was your results day and you were feeling too nervous to even function properly. For the past one month you haven’t been eating and sleeping well, everything felt like a mess to you because you did pretty badly in the exams.

 

 

The moment you walked out of your exam hall that day, you had a really bad feeling, that you were going to fail that paper. Picking up your bag outside the hall with your phone in your hand, you called your boyfriend who was probably done with his classes.

“I… I think I might fail,” You spoke softly, hoping your classmates didn’t hear it because it was rather embarrassing when you saw most of them laughing away happily. You knew you studied. But you didn’t do your best for this test. If you failed, you’d know it’s your fault for not putting enough effort into it.

And by failing any subjects in your course, it means most likely you can’t proceed in your course anymore.

 

 “Babe. Where are you now?” His voice didn’t sound jolly as usual, but you couldn’t care more because you were bugged with the test.

“I’m heading to the café now,” You answered while walking in the hallway.

“Meet you there,” He hung up the phone as soon as he said that.

 

You heaved a sigh and out of nowhere you felt a pair of familiar arms wrapped around you from the back, followed by a peck on your neck. You knew it was him.

 

“Baekhyun. It’s really not the right time…” You said.

He let go of his arms and intertwined his fingers with yours, as he lifted up your chin with his other hand.

“Babe, look, you’re NOT going to fail.”

“What makes you think so? You’re not even studying the subjects I’m studying.”

“You’ve made it this far in your course, you’ve already done half of it! You survived two years of your course, and you’re going to survive the next two years as well!” He placed his sight on your face, that teardrop eyes of his always reminded you of puppy eyes, and you always wanted to snuggle him when he looked at you.

You smiled. Baekhyun’s words was quite true. The course you were studying wasn’t an easy one, and hearing his words did comfort you.

“What if… just what if… I failed?” You let out a sigh again.

Baekhyun lifted up his hands and cupped your cheeks, softly your cheek with his thumb, he gazed softly into your eyes.

“Have a little faith in yourself.”

You answered his love by cupping his hands while smiling back at his puppy face.

He pecked on your forehead as it was his favorite thing to do, and pinched your cheeks right after. You liked it when he did that, there were so many things that you like about him other than being funny and cute. He would shower you with a lot of love even though he wasn’t the kind of boyfriend who will boast around about you, you liked it that way.

 

 

Baekhyun waited in the hallway for you to collect your result as you slowly walked into the hall with sweaty palms and shaking knees. You knew Baekhyun had comforted you, but you just can’t help but to stress about it. You never told him that you’re really worried about your results because you didn’t want to affect him as well.

Handing over the white envelope, you quickly tore it open on the spot even though you knew you would break down if you see an F on it. It was your final exam for that semester, YOU COULDN’T AFFORD TO FAIL.

 

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

 

You passed. Every single subject.

You ran out of the hall and crashed into Baekhyun’s embrace. Hugging him while jumping up and down and he jumped along, he knew that you’re okay.

You pecked him on his cheek and stuffed your face into his chest, sharing the moment of joy with him.

“Thank you, Baek.” You said as you smiled ear to ear.

“Told you you’d do well!” He pecked on your forehead and pinched your cheeks.

Both of you walked hand in hand to the café to have a mini celebratory session.

Having him by your side made you the happiest person on earth and you just wanted to stay like this, forever.