The dead trainee

The rapper

One day ago...

Donghae was getting ready to go to bed when his phone rang. He groaned and picked up his phone. He had a long day arranging files in the office and was worn out by the time he got home.

"Haro?" he asked.

No answer.

"Hello hello? Who is this?" Donghae asked.

The line went dead.

"What the...?"Donghae muttered and tossed his phone onto the table and leapt on to his bed.

The phone rang again.

"What the hell?"

He got up drowsily and picked his phone up.

"Haro? Who is this?" he said groggily.

Music started playing at the other end of the line. A familiar music he had heard not long ago...

"Guys call me honey
Girls call me unni
My cool words have a good effect
Round round, this strange melody turns and turns yeah

I’m the best, ha?
I’m busy every day, so busy, why, are you offended? ha
I fly higher than a G5, G5
All my b-boys and b-girls, now follow me"

"Hello?"

The line went dead.

"Argh! I want to sleep!" He moaned as he collapsed back onto bed.

Today...

"So let me get this straight, you assumed that the body belongs to Lee Chae-rin just because of that phone call, a tatoo and the writing on the neck?" Euynhyuk confirmed once they were back in Donghae's office.

"Come on Eunhyuk! You know who my cousin is! I've been to many of those VIP parties to recognise that tatoo on her hand!" Donghae exclaimed.

"But that is riddiculous!" Eunhyuk replied.

"I know that is why I'm telling it to you. But it all fits doesn't it?" Donghae persisted.

"How about we continue discussing this tomorrow?" Eunhyuk suggested. "It's been a long day and I still have stuffs to clear up."

"Sure, I'm quite tired too... See ya tomorrow then." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey cousin, welcome home! You're quite early today!" Ji Yong grinned at his younger cousin.

 Donghae and Ji Yong have been very close since young they do almost everything together. They live under the same roof once the both of them started working. Ji Yong insisted as he claims he needed a detective to "protect" him but in fact he don't want to live all by himself. 

 Donghae smiled and closed the door. Ji Yong was siting on the couch, selecting a movie to watch-something that the both of them usually do at night when the both of them do not need to work overtime. Donghae noticed that there was someone else sitting on the couch too.

"Hey Donghae!" Seung Hyun waved at him.

"T.O.P? Wasn't expecting you to come over. How are you?" Donghae grinned and walked over.

"He's good. He came over to watch this with us." Ji Yong showed Donghae the movie they were going to watch.

Donghae laughed weakly. "Sorry guys, maybe not today. I'm tired."

"What happened? You usually won't say no to a movie." Ji Yong asked.

"New case?" Seung Hyun guessed.

"How did you know?"Donghae asked with a shocked look on his face.

"Can tell. What else can make you that tired?" T.O.P shrugged.

"What's the new case about cousin? Don't worry, we won't tell anyone" Ji Yong asked again.

Donghae smiled weakly. "Maybe tomorrow. I'm really tired."

As he walked back into his room with Ji Yong pestering him about his case, Donghae's phone rang. Enhyuk's name was reflected on his phone.

"Yes?"

Silence

"Eunhyuk?" Donghae said.

"You're right hae... The body is CL's.... Her group member came over shortly you left.... They said CL went missing." Eunhyuk replied on the other end of the line.

 Donghae's jaw dropped. He thought Eunhyuk was joking but he know very well Eunhyuk never joke when it comes to a serious case such as this one.

"No way... Have you took down what they said?"

"Obviously. Let's talk about it tomorrow then."

Just when Donghae ended the call, Ji Yong pested him again.

"Who is that? Eunhyuk right? What case are you guys working on?"

"Shaddup Ji Yong! Let me sleep would'ya? Go and watch your movie," Donghae grumbled and shoved him away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Two hours after Donghae slept, his phone rang. Donghae sat up lazily and checked who the caller was.

"Eunhyuk? It's 2am in the morning. What's he playing at?" Donghae wondered.

"Yeah?" Donghae answered the call.

"Sorry, to disturb you, hae. But there has been another murder. The victim's head is also severed and there isn't any clothes on the body." Eunhyuk replied.

That woke Donghae up now. "Male or female? Any writings on the neck?".

"Female. Yeah, there is. Jennie K. Any idea who that might be?"

Donghae dropped his phone in shock. He heard that name before. But he refused to believe it. At the same time, Ji Yong knocked and entered his room.

"Hae you alright?" Ji Yong asked.

Donghae grabbed Ji Yong tightly.

"JI Yong you said you had a trainee under you right? What is her name? Tell me!" Donghae asked.

Ji Yong was shocked by Donghae's reaction but still told him calmly.

"Jennie Kim. What's wrong"

"She's missing isnt she?" Donghae whispered.

Ji Yong's jaw dropped.

"How did you know what I wanted to tell you?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hey guys, sorry I've not been updating the fic for quite sometime. I've got a lot of things to do lately and i barely managed to find anytime. Thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoy it! :)