Chapter 2

Quicksand
 
A/N: Hey c: so even though I've marked this story as angst, I'll still add a lot of fluffy or happy moments as well :D
 
 
"Oppa, do I have to go to school?" Jaekyung whined while strapping her seatbelt on. She had always hated school.
 
"Yes, Jaekyung, of course! Where do you think you're going to be in life if you don't focus on your studies?"
 
"Living in your house, feeding off of your money." she joked.
 
"Aish, this kid." He ruffled her hair affectionately.
 
--
 
 
"Mm.. just six more months before third year is over, and then comes our last year of high school, Jaekyung! Just hang in there," Kyungsoo patted his sister's head.
 
"I guess so.... look! It's Chanyeol... oh dear, he's going to run into us, isn't he-"
 
 
Said boy charged right into Jaekyung, literally knocking the wind out of her.
 
 
"Oof! Goodness, Chanyeol.."
 
"Jaekyungie~! Annyeong! How is my little girl doing?"
 
She giggled, "Good, thanks."
 
Kyungsoo cleared his throat jokingly. "Yah, no hug for me, hyung?"
 
"Oh, Kyungsoo! Sorry, didn't see you there. Yes, you get a hug, too!" He squeezed the life out of Kyungsoo as well, earning another giggle from Jaekyung. 
 
 
Chanyeol always knew how to make Jaekyung laugh. Every time he cracked a joke, he wished for her to smile the dazzling smile that he loved so much. Jaekyung really was a wonderful person to know deep down, and once she becomes attached to an individual, she sticks with him or her forever. However, this trait of hers has resulted in heartbreak and depression. 
 
--
 
 
The three teenagers took a seat down in their first class of the day. 
 
"Where is he?" Jaekyung thought to herself. She scanned the entire classroom, and sure enough, a certain boy was not present. "Chanyeol oppa,"
 
"Ne?"
 
"Do you know where Jongin oppa is?" 
 
 
Chanyeol tapped his chin for a few moments, then shook his head with a pout. She sighed.
 
 
"Ok... Kyungsoo?" 
 
"Hmm?" He didn't look up from his worksheet.
 
"...Never mind, mian." 
 
"It's alright, and work; stop thinking about your little crush, Jaekyung!"
 
"Yah!" 
 
 
 
Class ended abruptly, and soon everyone was on their way home. In the end, Jongin didn't show up to class, and it worried Jaekyung.
 
It began to rain, and Jaekyung had forgotten to bring an umbrella. Kyungsoo was busy at Debate Club, so it left her to walk home alone in the small shower.
 
 
The "small shower" suddenly transformed into an angry downpour with sodden, dark grey storm clouds looming overhead.
 
 
Strange, she thought, that there's a heavy rainstorm in the middle of December.
 
 
Freezing cold rain droplets stung her arms as she continued to walk through the rain towards her house. Her mother had always told her to walk in the rain, not run, so Jaekyung mustered enough tolerance to stand it. That was when she noticed that, out of nowhere, the rain stopped soaking through her clothes. Something was shielding her body from it, and when she looked up, she gasped in surprise.
 
 
"Annyeong, Cha Jaekyung!" The voice of the person rang throughout her ears.
 
"U-uh.. annyeonghaseyo.....?"
 
"Oh, mian, I'm Xiumin! The Baozi of SM High. You looked cold, so I decided to walk with you, is that ok?" 
 
 
All Jaekyung could do in reply was nod her head because she was shivering.
 
 
"Oh, noona! You're shivering... here," He wrapped his jacket around her small frame.
 
"T-t-thanks... It's just really.. cold." 
 
"No problem! Ahe, noona's pretty!" 
 
 
Warming up due to the radiating heat of both Xiumin and his jacket, Jaekyung managed to let out a chuckle. Normally, she'd be spitting at any strangers who dared approach her, but Xiumin seemed harmless- friendly, even. The two conversed comfortably, about the most normal topics like school.
 
 
Xiumin walked Jaekyung all the way to her house, a small delicate building that Kyungsoo and she called home. 
 
 
"Once again, Xiumin, thank you for walking me home. I guess.. I'll see you around in school?" Jaekyung returned his jacket to him.
 
"Yeah! And don't mention it, it was really fun talking to you, noona. Bye!" he waved.
 
 
Jaekyung waved once before closing and locking her front door.
 
 
"You learned something today, Jaekyung," she said to herself aloud. "You learned that not all people are bad in this world."
 
--
 
I upload quickly... usually c:
~Christie