Chapter 1

Quicksand
 
 
"It'll just be the one time," Jaekyung told herself that day.
 
One time. 
One was her lucky number, after all. 
 
And here she was, with a brand new needle, injecting who-knows-what into her sickened vein. 
 
 
Could she stop?
Yes.
 
Would she stop?
That was for her to answer. 
 
 
People say to stay away from drugs, to quit abusing, but do they know? Jaekyung guessed not.
 
It's not an everyday asset to have your family, as well as your boyfriend of two and a half years, brutally murdered right in front of your eyes... to see their bodies, mangled and ragged, as they plunge to the ground with a sickening thud. 
--
 
 
Flashback.
 
"Appa! ...Omma! Open... open your eyes! Please.. open them! Wake up!" Jaekyung violently shook her two parents' limp corpses. "Jebal... you can't leave me here alone.." she squeaked out.
 
With her eyes swollen from the incoming of more tears, Jaekyung grabbed her parents' hands, one of each.
 
"J-jae... Kyungie.." her mother gasped for air.
"Ne, O-omma?" 
"Be a good little girl, arasso? Omma and Appa won't be here for much longer... but, remember-" she coughed up a heap of blood, "-remember that we'll always... be watching you from above, ok? We will look after you, it is merely that you won't be able to see us." 
 
"Andwae! You have to stay here, with me... I don't want to be alone."
"Mianhae, Jaekyungie. I am afraid it's time. Do not worry about us, it doesn't hurt. You'll come and visit us, right?" she chuckled weakly.
 
"O..omma.. Appa is cold." 
"Is he? Well, then it must be a sign that it's my time, as well."
"...No.."
"Do not worry, Jaekyung.. You mustn't worry. Your Kyungsoo oppa will take care of you. But, since he is in the hospital as of now, you must take care of him first. He was always the rambunctious one. And I'll be sure to say hello to Baekhyunnie up there, as well."
 
 
Jaekyung glanced over to her left where her dead boyfriend lie slumped against the wall.
 
He had taken the bullet that otherwise would have killed her.
 
 
"Ne.."
"Goodbye, my child. I will always love you.. I will always be," she put her pale finger onto Jaekyung's heart, "here." 
 
Her hand fell flat onto the ground as she released the last exhale of her life. 
 
Jaekyung broke down into sobs as she clutched the hands of her deceased mother and father, her pitiful wails rendering her body numb.
 
 
But, through the pain and sheer anger, Cha Jaekyung vowed to make her life worth something.
She had no way of knowing what her life would come to.
 
End of Flashback.
--
 
Four months had passed since the incident with the murderer. Kyungsoo, Jaekyung's older brother, had been admitted from the hospital two months after the traumatic event. Ever since then, the two have been intertwined very closely, always looking after each other and taking care of one another.
 
Jaekyung shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. 
 
 
Surprisingly, Kyungsoo was not aware of Jaekyung's life-threatening habit.
 
 
"Yah, Cha Jaekyung, it's time to go to school! Hurry up!" he urged.
 
"In a minute.." she replied wearily. 
 
"Arasso- I'll be in the car!"
 
"Ne,"
 
 
Draping on a long-sleeved sweater that covered her entire arms and hands, Jaekyung sluggishly dragged her body out of her bedroom. Picking up her backpack, she winced in pain, but chose to ignore it.
 
"Time to endure another day in hell."
 
 
--
 
Hey c: so what do you think? Should I continue with this? Or give up LOL