Innocent

Idols -Our Life-

I was at overseas with no wifi mian ><

 


 

So there I was, in just a simple white tee and dark blue jeans, standing right in front of one of South Korea’s biggest and most successful entertainment building. Inhaling a deep breath, I tugged my shirt, feeling a little uncomfortable, and then entered the huge building. The cold air from inside hit me as my eyes wandered around, looking for some idols that I see on the television but all I saw was a large desk made from fine wood and glass sitting right in front on the ground floor. There was a girl in very formal clothes with a neat bun sitting there.

She looked at me with one eyebrow raised behind her spectacles.

“Can I help you?”

“I-I… Uh… I…Ugh…”

She looked at me from head to toe.

“You look too young to be here. You’re not some fan looking for idols, aren’t you?”

“N-No! I’m… I passed the audition so I… Um…”

God what the hell is wrong with me!?

“I get it. Go to the 27th floor and find Mr. Eunkwang.”

I nodded and bowed, muttering a thank you to her. I went and took the elevator to the floor she told. As I left the lift, someone ran into me and I almost fell. I turned to see to it was but that person already ran off. All I could see were just his or her black clothes flying backwards as s/he ran.

I fixed my shirt then continued my way looking for Mr. Eunkwang. It wasn’t long till I find a man with a black and gray stripped shirt and black pants with a name tag ‘Eunkwang Lee’ holding a stack of papers with a young boy standing right next to him. Immediately I went to him, bowed and introduce myself as usual.

Mr. Eunkwang smiled at me, he seemed friendly. I then looked at the boy in a sweater and when he made eye contact with me, he bowed and fidgeted a little. Guess he was a little shy.

“So you two are from Gangnam, am I right?”

The both of us looked at each other for a second, then nodded.

“Okay, so if you would please follow me.”

And we did till we reach a medium-sized office with a big black wooden table two chairs on one side and a comfortable dark oak coloured leather chair on the other side. It looked exactly like dad’s. We took our seats and he did the same. Mr. Eunkwang handed me a slightly thick pile of papers stapled neatly and probably did the same to the other.

“This is the contract.” He stated bluntly.

“I don’t know whether any of you know a single think about this job or not which is why you people should read this thoroughly. But the basic is of course, you both start out as trainees, and during that period, you’ll go through a few dance practices and vocal lessons. Then once you train and ready, we’ll change your looks – if it doesn’t suit the concept that is, gather members and then you’ll debut and be famous. Tada!” he told, making funny and cute expressions making us laugh a little.

“So yeah… The details are in it and oh yeah, once you sign it, there’s no backing off, alright? So go home, read through carefully, sign it then hand it back to me next week. Same place, same time. Understood?”

 “Yes, sir.” I answered while the boy muttered a quiet yes.

“Well, that’s about it. You guys can leave now.” He told with a smile.

We bowed and made our way out. Neither of us said anything but once we exited the building, I broke the silence.

“So what’s your name?”

Maybe I took him by surprise cause his eyes went wide. I was just asking his name. Was it that shocking?

 “Annyeonghaseyo, Jaesung imnida.” He introduced himself with a bow and I did the same.

“I know this is weird but can I have your contact? Coz… you know, you’re the only trainee I saw here.”

“A-Ah, of course! Here!” he snatched my phone from my hand and inserted his number, naming the contact ‘Trainee You Know’. I laughed and couldn’t help but to ruffle his hair. He backed off a little. Then I wondered something.

“Sorry about that. From what I don’t know, maybe you’re my hyung. Sorry for being disrespectful…”

“A-Ani! I’m 16.”

“Oh, so am I.” I told with a chuckle.

“22nd May.”

“22nd June. *or insert any exo member age here, either do or sehun or lay*”

“I’m your hyung!” I said the obvious happily and went and ruffle his hair once again. I am usually in a place where I’m the makane. My family, the student council association, my golf club and many more. I actually don’t recall anything where I have a dongsaeng in – except class, duh – maybe that’s why I’m so excited to have a little bro to be friends with.

We talked for a moment and got to know each other. It was just a brief chat but I realized that we’re in the same school. It seemed that he knew that because he told bluntly that I’m the most innocent looking student council vice president ever which made me wonder how the heck did the past vp’s looked like.

We waved a goodbye and left because I didn’t want my driver to wait any longer. I offered Jaesung a ride which he declined politely. It was quite a long ride before I reached home. I went it and my family’s maid informed me that Joonyoung left back to his university since his holiday break was over. I went upstairs after finding that my parents weren’t at home again. It was a little late and I had school tomorrow, so I cleaned myself and fell into deep slumber.

 

*****

 

The next morning was a typical day in school. As usual, I went to the student council room, read a few reports, do paperwork and while enjoying a box of chocolates that I found under my desk – probably from yet another crush. Class was studying and boring as hell. Don’t get me wrong, I get top grades in school (not able to beat my hyung went he was my age though) but seriously, I think the majority of the subjects we learn won’t help us in the future. Don’t judge me. I’m just stating my opinion.

I was passing the hall to get my books for the next lesson when I met Jaesung.

“Jaesung-ah!” I called out and went to him.

“Ah, hyung.”

“Am I disturbing you or something?” I asked as I looked at him who was dumping his books into his locker.

“Nope, not at all. Say, hyung, you mind if we hang out today? Are you free?”

I scanned through my schedules in my mind, making sure that I wasn’t missing anything. And sure enough, I was free, so I nodded.

We decided to go for a movie after school. After the comedy movie, we went for a meal then agreed to go out like this. This time maybe with some other friends too.

I knew a lot of things about Jaesung after that. He’s hell talkative after you get to know him. He talks about everything. Jaesung – his surname is Park by the way – is my dongsaeng but he says that there’s so many things that I didn’t know. He said I was too innocent to be his hyung. Haha. No way, I’m that innocent, right?

His grades were horrible…-ish but he could beat me in almost every sport. He likes pies, like obsessed with them and his hobby is swimming. He gotten bullied before but that was in the past he said because he’s living a pretty much happy school life. We talked and talked and I realized that he admired me in some way.

“I’m the perfect role model after all.” I told him with a laugh, making him mumble something while rolling his eyes. We went back home and said to see each other again in school tomorrow. 

When I went back home, I read the contract. The procedures that I have to follow were quite simple. It mentioned that they could control my time but school hours are undisturbed – if you’re still attending one that is. I’m encouraged to enter an arts performing university after graduation. Then, it’s stated that they have the rights to prepare me for being a k-idol. Seemed all well for me.

Or at least that was what I thought.

Lol.

 I was too innocent.