Do Kyungsoo

You're My Secret Recipe

“Yah Kyungsoo! A customer’s calling for you.” Baekhyun shouts.

“Why?” Kyungsoo answers finishing his food prep on a pan grilled salmon.

“Dunno. But she seems eager.” Baekhyun wiggles his eyebrows and then picks up a tray from the counter and makes his way to an empty table.

 

Kyungsoo removes his apron and makes his way out. He approaches a couple at table three and smiles.

 

“Are you the chef?” The lady with blonde wavy hair asks.

“Yes, I am. Is there any problem with your food?” Kyungsoo looked tensed.

“Heavens no! I just wanted to meet the creator of this masterpiece! My boyfriend and I have never ever tried meat roasted to this perfection!” She was almost hyperventilating, typical fangirl.

“Honey, calm down.” The man who looked embarrassed tried to get a hold of his girlfriend.

“Oh, thank you. I’m glad you’re enjoying your meal.” Kyungsoo’s cheeks change a shade.

“You see, we’re getting married in a few months and we’re wondering if you’d like to be the chef at our reception.” The lady just blurted out.

“But didn’t we already tell my cousin he’ll cook?” her boyfriend, looking surprised with mouth agape, commented.

“Oh please, your cousin can’t fry an egg for his life. You on the other hand,” he eyes Kyungsoo, “Here. Here’s my calling card. Call me for the answer say, by the end of the week?”

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t new to this. He’s had one too many offers in his career. But to be polite, he smiled, nodded and got the card. He bids them goodbye as he makes his way back to the kitchen.

 

“Kim Taeyon, events coordinator. Hmm. Cool.” Kyungsoo thought as he read the card.

 

After closing time, they all gathered for some announcements from their boss.

 

“I heard there’s going to be a restaurant across the block. I hear a certain Kim Jongdae is going all out to put us out of business. So from now on, we’ll be working harder and better to show them just who the masters of food are. Can I count on you people?” Kris eyes each and every one of his employees.

 

“Ne.” They answer monotonously.

 

Kris gave them a small smile and then dismissed them.

 

“I’ll be going now.” Kyungsoo hurries to get his bag.

“Hey Kyungsoo don’t you want to come drinking with us? Tao lost a bet so it’s on him.” Luhan calls from behind.

“Oh, no thanks. I need to go home now. You guys have fun.” Were Kyungsoo’s last words before exiting.

 

“Has he always been like this? He doesn’t have any social life at all, does he?” Lay, the newbie waiter comments.

“Kyungsoo’s just focused. And he needs to perfect his recipe.” Baekhyun answers getting his own bag.

“What recipe?” A confused Lay asks.

“I’ll tell you while we’re drinking. Come on let’s go. I need that sanggyupsal in my stomach ASAP.” Baekhyun grabs Lay’s arm and all other employees follow.

 

Kyungsoo gets home, puts his bag on his couch and changes clothes. He then puts on his apron and heads to the kitchen. Everyday has been like this for Kyungsoo. He gets up, goes to work, goes home, perfects his special recipe, and then sleeps until it’s the next day. On rare occasions, he skips the perfecting the recipe part and watches movies.

 

His special recipe is something he’s been trying to perfect ever since he graduated from culinary school. It’s the only dish he feels uneasy about. Every time he tries, he feels there’s something terribly wrong about. Either it’s bland or too savoury, or it’s not dark enough, or light enough, or the vegetables weren’t fresh. There’s always something wrong. Most people say it’s the best thing ever, it’s unlike anything they’ve ever tasted. To Kyungsoo, only one opinion matters. And according to that person, this dish is something he will never perfect, no matter how hard he tries. He just can’t. To Kyungsoo’s dismay, he cares too much about what this person thinks, a little bit too much. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My very first EXO fic, and it's a Kaisoo one.

Only love for Kaisoo.

Such a cute OTP that is too real to not notice.  :)