Eight .

Smile Girl {on hold}

The entire hike up the mountains consisted of arm slapping, neck slapping, face, legs, and every-visible-skin-showing slapping. Was it mosquito season already? I took another look at my surroundings - at the tall, dark trees, at the tiny sliver of blue and white above our heads, at the unusually green grass. Despite the bugs buzzing about, it actually seemed like a pretty neat environment. But it was still a tiring hike. Already, I could feel my calves burning. 

We all finally reached the designated area and our jaws dropped, all but Jin hyung. He smiled triumphantly. "Awesome, am I right? I camped out here with my family once and sought the opportunity to take all of us out here."

Just beyond the trees was a breathtaking, yes, I said breathtaking, view of the horizon. Jin hyung really knows how to camp. We all began to set up our tents and gathered sticks for our fire. Jin hyung and Jimin went to the river to catch some fish while the girls went around to look for fruits and berries. I stayed behind with the others and rested in my tent. It felt like hours has passed by and eventually, I fell asleep. There were whispers around me but my eyelids were still too heavy to open. 

"You should do it, too, Haemi noona."

"What?? No way."

Before anyone could even do anything at that moment, I forced myself to wake up and found Haemi, Jimin, and Jungkook hovering over me. They looked like they were caught doing something bad. Oh wait-

"I didn't think of this idea!" Haemi quickly said before I questioned them.

Now I'm confused. What were they going to do? I looked at her hands. She was holding a red lipstick and already, I could tell where this was going to go. Jungkook and Jimin snickered to themselves and whispered to each other before laughing again. Haemi's face was red, like she was trying to stop herself from laughing. 

"Yoongi-ah..." She pulled out a mirror from her bag and handed it to me. "Before you say anything, there was a good reason why we, no, they, did it." She coughed out a laugh.

Jungkook and Jimin held onto each other as they laughed, stumbling out of tent. I could still hear them laughing as they inched farther and farther away. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. Good god, what happened?! 

(Why is the picture so freaking huge?)

I touched my face in horror while looking into the mirror. Those little brats, I'll get them back one day. Haemi laughed a little before clearing as she handed me a makeup remover tissue. "So what was this good reason they had?" I asked her while I removed the mess off my face. Who knew makeup was hard to remove?

She cleared , took the tissue from me and began wiping my face herself. "....There is none." She chuckled, wiping my chin. I watched her face go from smiling to brows furrowing and frowning as she put more pressure into wiping the makeup on my chin off. "I swear, this better not be permanent marker...." She said. She looked at me with an apologetic smile and I dread the words that soon came out of . "I'm afraid they used permanent marker, Yoongi." I widened my eyes and grabbed the mirror when she held the tissue in front of me. It had black smudge marks all over it and she grinned. "Just kidding!"

I gave her a look. "Seriously, Haemi, don't give me a heart attack."

"Sorry sorry! Here, let me get all of the makeup off for you." She began working on my face, starting from my eyes, cheeks, then to my lips area.

It was quiet between us and I noticed how close our faces were. I also noticed how she smelled like cherry blossoms even after being in the forest for so long. Must've been a long lasting shampoo fragrance. And her pink lips...What am I doing? I shook my head, completely forgetting that she was removing the makeup.

"Sorry! Did I hurt you?" She asked, worried. I chuckled and shook my head, apologizing to her. She continued to do her thing and grinned at me when she was done. "There! All done."

I grabbed her mirror and checked out my face, nodding in satisfaction. "Thanks, Haemi, you're the best."

She laughed, "I know! Now come on. Seokjin oppa said he was making fried fish. And I'm hungry."

We both walked out of the tent and found almost everyone gathering around a fire. Haemi left my side to sit with the other girls and they immediately began chatting. I took my seat next to Hoseok and Namjoon and sighed.

"I heard about what the kids did to you," Hoseok chuckled a bit. "It must've been bad."

I rolled my eyes, reminding myself that I still have to get Jimin and Jungkook back. "My face looked like a clown! But thank god Haemi was there or else I would've been done for."

The two of them laughed and Namjoon spoke up, "I don't think it was worse than what happened to Taehyung."

Upon hearing his name, Taehyung looked up at us while we laughed loudly. "Hey! Don't talk bad about me." He pouted.

Seokjin hyung came over with the uncooked fish with the skewers pierced through it and gave each of us one fish. We began to cook the fish over the fire as we all talked about the good days, the bad days, and everything in between. From the time when all of us guys became friends to our adventures up until this very moment. Each and everyone of us shared a story except for Haemi, who was the only person left.

She gave a bitter smile. "Do I have to?"

Hoseok nodded with a grin. "Of course! It's essential~"

Haemi sighed. "I don't even know what to talk about. I've only known you guys(the actual boys, not including the girls lol) for a month, but in this month that I've known you guys, I've been really happy." She smiled a real smile and I could see her teary eyes. Then she took a deep breath. "As you all know, I've been living by myself for quite some time." She paused for a moment before continuing. "The truth is, my family passed away. My parents were the first to leave. Mom was shot on the way home from work when I was 9. When I was 12, dad couldn't stand to look at me anymore because of how much I resembled my mom, so he overdosed on drugs. My aunt took my brother and I in but despite that, we still felt alone. She was always working so my brother and I really never got to see her much."

Everyone else was silent. They definitely didn't expect it at all. Even I was surprised that she decided to tell us right now, at this moment. Namjoon's and Taehyung's sisters became teary eyed as they patted Haemi's back. She gave them a thankful smile and continued on.  

"My brother drowned to death when he was 9, a year after our aunt took us in. If he were still alive today, he'd be Jungkook's age." She smiled at him, "That's why I've been treating you like my little brother." Everyone was silent except for Jungkook sniffling. He looked down and wiped his eyes as Taehyung patted his back. "...So then it was just me and my aunt. I eventually got a job when I was old enough and helped my aunt out with the bills. Soon, she told me that she was moving overseas since her job called for it. She was guilty, leaving me alone. I didn't want to go even though I knew would be alone. I've had so many memories here in this country that I hold dear to me to leave it. But I convinced her to go, that I'll be alright. So she left me with the house and put it under my name once I was 18 and gave me enough money to get me through my first year alone. I never went out so I never spent the money except on groceries. I was able to pay the bills with the money I earned from my job before I quit along with the money my aunt has given me. So far I've been doing well on my own."

I let out a quiet sigh. Who knew that someone like her was actually so broken inside? First glance, no one would've thought that Haemi had lived this life. She seemed so carefree everyday, always having a smile on her face. No one would've thought this. I looked at her face. She wasn't crying but she did have a sad smile on her face. 

"I continued on with school. I don't know what I want to do with my life just yet but I still want to keep moving forward. And so I met you guys. I'm actually really happy I did. All seven of you can really bring up a person's mood, whether you know it or not. And I greatly appreciate that. I'm really happy to have become friends with you all. I'm happy to have friends to fall on when I no longer have a family." Tears had began to flow down her face as she quickly wiped them.

On impulse, I got up, feeling the stares of the guys on me as I made my way to the girl and embraced her. Namjoon's and Taehyung's sister suddenly did the same, and soon, the rest of the boys came and ended up group hugging. "Kwon Haemi, you truly are an idiot." I told her. "A month or ten years, it doesn't matter how long we've known you because, I can assure you that everyone here can agree with me that from now on, we are your family."

In my peripheral view, I saw some of the guys nodded as they faked their cries and wails. "Of course we're your family!" "Haemi noona will always be a part of our family now." 

I grinned and the group hug broke revealing Haemi with a teary-faced grin. "Thank you guys so much."

She choked out a laugh and I threw an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. "Welcome to our family, Kwon Haemi."

 


SO. It's been 9 months and a day since I've last update this story and I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH A LONG WAIT. You guys don't even know how many times I've written and rewritten this chapter and each and every time, it was different than the last. I honestly have no clue what really happened in this chapter but I decided, "Hey, it. My subbies have waited a long time for this chapter so I might as well post it." I'm also sorry for the lame sob story. I really don't know what happened there either. I actually used a couple of my friends' experiences and stories that they have told me(their permission, of course) and decided to incorporate it into this chapter. So here it is, everyone! Tell me what you think~

ALSO. I've been having really bad Jimin feels this past week so I may or may not post a new story up. So look out for that(maybe) and maybe you guys could check out my U-Kwon fic too if you're a U-Kwon lover c: Anyways, I'll leave you to do your thang.

I forgot to mention that everyone's age was not altered, which means all of the members ages are what they are now in real life haha With that being said, Jungkook is still in high school and everyone else is in college. The elementary, middle, high school, and college all share the same campus, if you know what I mean. So yeah, that's just to clear up any confusion if you were confused ^^

(Chapter has not been revised. At all.)