Seven .

Smile Girl {on hold}

This was the second time she had fallen asleep on me and I sighed, leaning my head back on her couch. I'm stressed but I shouldn't be. Here is this girl, whom I've met only a few weeks ago, who has pretended for so long that she was strong and happy but no, she's just as fragile as everyone else, if not, more. I looked down at her face and gently wiped away her tears. My phone lighted up and I attempted to reach over to grab it without moving Haemi at all but all efforts went to waste and I ended up moving her anyways. Thankfully, she barely stirred in her slumber and I quickly grabbed my phone and sat back. My mom had sent me a text message asking if I was coming home. I pondered on the thought. 'No I'm not. I'm going to stay over at Jimin's house, if that's okay.' I replied. I glanced down at the fragile girl in my arms, how her hands clutched onto the fron and back of my shirt, which is pretty much tear stained, how she would silently hiccup in her sleep. I gently rubbed her creased eyebrows to relax it. The next thing that came into my thoughts were, "What if the guys knew about this?" I shook my head. They wouldn't do anything. No, Jimin would tease me to no end, like the little punk he was. The night continued on and as every minute passes by, my eye lids become heavier and heavier to the point where I had knocked out.

 

I woke up the next morning to what I thought was my bed. But something was different. The smell of the blanket covering me was all too familiar, and was that a sizzling sound? I silently groaned and sat up rubbing my eyes. In front of me was a TV, something I did not have in my room. That was when I realized that I was definitely not home and the events from yesterday flowed into my mind. I looked back into the kitchen and was surprised to see Haemi with a glass of water in her hands. Her eyes seemed tired and by the way she was slowly walking, I was afraid she was going to drop the cup.

"Oh, you're awake!" She exclaimed, walking over to me quickly, handing me the glass.

I nodded and thanked her, taking a sip. "How are you feeling?"

She gave me a small smile. "I'm alright. Thank you. For yesterday, I mean. And I'm sorry for falling asleep on you and taking your time away. You probably could have been doing something more productive yesterday night." She mumbled.

I sighed and pulled her down to sit next to me. "Don't worry about it, Haemi-ah. I don't mind. Now look at me." When she did, I was taken back by her facial expression. Her lips were trembling and there were tears in her eyes. "Wh-why are you crying? Don't cry, Haemi-ah!" I panicked. Did I do something stupid or what?

She wiped her tears away and giggled. "I'm sorry." She sniffled. "You're really great, you know that?"

I looked at her and grinned, thinking I should crack a joke. "Well, my mother did say I was an amazing person." She smiled and I chuckled, feeling accomplished. "Hey, now that we're up, and I'm hungry, we should go eat breakfast."

She laughed. "Well, don't you need to freshen up? I think I have an extra toothbrush in the bathroom. You could wash up and I'll start making pancakes."

"Huh, I didn't know you could cook. I was thinking we'd go out for breakfast. But that's fine too." I joked.

She gave me a look and pushed me towards the bathroom. "I didn't know you were so mean, Yoongi. Go while I make breakfast."

I chuckled and did my somewhat of a daily morning routine. By the time I was done, Haemi was almost done. I leaned against the door frame and watched her with a smile. This was a weird situation to be in, considering the fact that well...nevermind. It feels nice though, I must admit. When she finished and set the plate down on the table, she looked up to find me by the door frame and then sat down.

"While I am uncomfortable with someone watching me eat all of this by myself, I don't mind. More food to myself, right?" She grinned.

I gaped at her and quickly took my seat next to her. "Yeah, I'm the mean one." I rolled my eyes, tearing the pancakes apart. I took and bite and smiled. "It taste good. Chocolate chip?"

She nodded with a smile and continued to eat hers. Not even two minutes has passed by and the doorbell rang followed by a few knocks on the door. I furrowed my brows and told her to stay put as I walked over to the door to see who it was. When I opened the door, I froze, not expecting to see them here in front of me. The group and I stared at each other for what seems to be an eternity. 

"Hyung?! What are you doing at noona's house?!" Jeongguk pointed at me while shouting.

I flinched. "Um. I'm having breakfast with her?" Trying to keep calm as possible. 

Haemi appeared next to me and smiled at the bunch. "Oh hey, guys!"

The maknae did an almost 180 degree change and grinned. "Good morning noona! You look pretty today~" He blushed. Jin hyung bonked him on the head as Haemi laughed, ruffling his hair.

"Thanks Jeonggukkie. I made pancakes, would you guys like to come in and eat?" She smiled. I stood awkwardly holding the door while everyone nodded and made their way into her house. With a sigh, I closed the door as the last person came in and quickly sat down. One she was situated in her seat, she looked at the guys. "So, what brings you boys here?"

Jeongguk, while stuffing a pancake in his mouth, muffled, "We wanted to come by and say good morning before going to Yoongi hyung's house."

I stuffed a piece of pancake in my mouth. "Why are you guys going to my house?" 

Haemi lightly smacked my arm. "Don't eat with your mouth full. Didn't your mom teach you manners?"

Jeongguk, Jimin, and Hoseok laughed the loudest and I rolled my eyes, carefully chewing before swallowing. After we all finished breakfast, the guys and I decided to head back to my place, leaving Haemi behind. I was a little reluctant at first but she quietly reassured me that she was fine. Although I didn't quite believe her all the way, I just trusted her words and slowly walked away, looking back at the door to see her waving at us with a smile. When we were a good length away from her house, Jin hyung took a step back next to me and whistled a tune.

"So tell me," he paused and I looked at him, urging him to continue, "what was the real reason you were at Haemi's house. It's not like you to be at a girl's house having breakfast with her." He smirked lightly.

I coughed. "That was the real reason, believe it or not."

He chuckled at me. "Well, I don't believe it. You can tell me you know. It's not like I'm going to tell lover boy over there." He nudged his head towards Jeongguk, who was talking animatedly to Jimin and Taehyung, and smiled.

I shrugged. "Some things happened on the way to Jimin's house last night. But I feel like I shouldn't be telling you or else she'd kill me."

Hyung hummed. "I doubt she'll kill you. Maybe chop off a limb or something, nothing life threatening. Maybe."

I looked at him strangely and shook my head. "I just found her crying so my first instinct was to take her home and comfort her, you know?" He smiled a little bit before I continued. "But then, she lives alone so I thought, leaving her there would make me feel guilty." I took a breath. "It was a serious problem," I added. "And it was already night time, too, plus she kind of..fell asleep on me while crying."

The air between us was silent. The younger friends were cracking jokes and before we all knew it, my house loomed before us. As I stepped onto the front porch, Jin hyung laid a hand on my shoulder and smiled before patting me on my back and walking in.

 

"A what? Expedition?"

Jin hyung had gathered everyone together after school and planned for us to go on a trip. It included the seven of us, Haemi, and Namjoon's and Taehyung's sisters so that Haemi doesn't feel awkward. I looked at the group of girls and chuckled - They seemed to have bonded rather quickly, judging from their smiles and laughter.

"Yep! We're going to go to the mountains. I'm thinking about camping." Jin hyung stated as he looked at the small brochure he had in his hand before handing it to me. It looked like a typical mountain, nothing entirely special about it. "I heard there was going to be a hot spring there, too."

Immediately, all of the boys jumped forward with their hands raised, shouting, "I'm in! We'll go!"

I laughed and shook my head. Typical. Jin hyung looked at me, "Are you going to go, Yoongi?"

His eyes quickly shifted to the group of girls, or specifically Haemi, before they landed back on me. I looked over at her and found her staring at me. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I'm going." Haemi gave a little clap and grinned at me before turning to the other two girls.

Jin hyung grinned. "Alright, so I guess everyone's going, great! We will all meet at my house early in the morning."

Namjoon and I groaned. "How early is early, hyung?" We both asked simultaneously. 

Jin hyung took the brochure back and put it away. "I expect you guys to be at my place by 7 am tomorrow."

All of the guys, including me, groaned. We eventually got over it(some of us did) and went back home. I told my parents about it and she jumped up excitedly. "Omo! Who's going?"

"Jin hyung, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, Jeongguk, Haemi-"

"Bwoh bwoh bwoh? Haemi??? With all you boys? Ani, no no."

I groaned. "Umma! You didn't let me finish! Namjoon's and Taehyung's sisters are coming too!"

She looked at me before laughing, embarrassed. "Oh my, I'm sorry. Ok, I'll let you be. Go pack up then."

I chuckled at my mom before walking into my room to pack my clothes and other necessities. When I was done, I laid on the floor and sighed. Camping. I've never done it but I sure am looking forward to it. Jin hyung has been camping before so I'm sure we'll be okay. I thought about a lot of pointless things that may or may not happen on the trip until it drifted to Haemi. Has she ever been camping when her family was still alive? I frowned, my side, grabbing my phone, and dialed her number. It rang three times before I heard her voice.

"Yeoboseyo?" She sounded out of breath and I wondered if something happened.

"Haemi? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah," I heard her breathe in, "I ran to answer my phone." She laughed. "Anyways, did you need anything, Yoongi?" I heard her shuffling around along with the sound of something being zipped up.

I paused for a moment, what was it that I called her for? I was silent for a bit, listening to the sound coming from the other side - her breating. "...Actually, I can't remember."

It was silent again before I heard her stiffle a laugh. "Aigo, get a yourself together, Yoongi-ah. I'm going to hang up but you can call again if you remember." She giggled and I imagined her waving as she told me goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow."

The line went dead and I stared at the ceiling. "What the hell just happened?"


I finally got the motivation to update this chapter. Note: this chapter. I can't promise you that I'm going to update the next chapter but I will try ^^ Anyways, I'm really sorry I had you guys waiting! 

(This chapter, believe it or not, was revised. But only slightly.)