Five .

Smile Girl {on hold}

"Yoongi, do you take this woman to be thy wedded wife? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day on so long as you both shall live?"

I stared at her face as she looked at me and felt the same tingling feeling I had when I first asked her out on our first date and smiled unconsciously. "I do."

The same question was repeated to her and she replied, "I do."

"You have given and pledged your promises to each other, and have declared your everlasting love by giving and receiving rings. By the authority vested in me by the country of South Korea, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He looks at me and smiled. "You may kiss the bride."

 

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself in my classroom with the teacher giving his lecture. Slowly, I raised my head and squinted out of habit. My head was throbbing and I silently groaned, massaging my temples. "I need to stop drinking soda late at night." I muttered under my breath.

Our teacher turned around and gave me a bitter smile. "I'm glad you're finally awake and paying attention, Min Yoongi-ssi."

The entire class let out a laugh but Haemi only gave me a sympathetic smile. I sighed and took out my notebook and quickly took some notes before lessons ended. By lunch time, I was even more exhausted. Not only me but surprisingly so was Haemi. Her eyes were slightly puffy and swollen and almost bloodshot but she still kept a smile on her face. 

"Are Jin and Namjoon not joining us today?" She asked me as she opened up her lunch box. 

I shrugged and dragged out a tiring sigh. "They'll probably come soon." I eyed her lunch and noticed how off it looked. It wasn't her usual neat row of kimbap or her perfect circle of kimchi and japchae, they seemed out of place. I looked up at her and poked her forehead to which she made a slight squeal and I chuckled. "Are you okay, Haemi-yah?"

She nodded and gave me a strained smile. "I'm fine."

I raised a brow. "Really? Why are your eyes red and puffy?"

"Hmm? Oh. I stayed up late last night watching a drama." She giggled. "It was emotional." I laughed at her cute reaction and shook my head. "What about you mister? I saw you drooling in your sleep when I walked into class this morning."

I felt my cheeks grow warm and cleared my throat. "I was not drooling." She laughed and I frowned. "I drank two cans of soda last night so I could finish my papers."

At the moment, Jin hyung and Namjoon walked in cooly with a smile on their faces. My female classmates gathered into small groups and began whispering excitedly. Haemi looked up at them and waved as they sat around my desk. 

"Woah, Haemi! What happened to you?!" Jin hyung exclaimed, touching her face and inspecting it.

She swatted his hand away and smiled. "It's nothing. Just a few dramas if you know what I mean."

"You stayed up watching dramas?!"

"Oppa, I'm fine! You should be worried about your friend here. He was sleeping and drooling in class." She laughed lightly. 

I rolled my eyes. "I was not drooling."

They all laughed at me. Our lunch went along like usual and soon school had ended. Haemi and I were talking as we went to meet up with the guys waiting at the gate. Or rather, she was doing the talking - about the drama she had watched the night before. 

"If I didn't know any better, I would've thought you two were dating." Jimin commented upon seeing us. He laughed and nudged Taehyung who only grinned. 

I instantly thought if the ridiculous dream I had earlier and shook my head, bonking the two troublemakers on the head. "Hush up. Come on let's go."

 

Homework couldn't be any more difficult than it was that night. I sighed in frustration and threw my pencil at my desk. My mind, for some reason, kept going back to that dream I had. I felt extremely uncomfortable every time it's being replayed in my head. It was so unexpected and it really weirded me out. Usually I dreamt of being famous and winning awards or playing basketball but this? I don't even know how to feel about it. 

I groaned and sat back in my chair, closing my eyes and resting for a few seconds. When I realized it was past my usual bed time, I thought about grabbing a can of soda but decided against it. I could always ask Haemi about the homework tomorrow because right now, I am tired. I dragged myself to my closet and changed out of my uniform and into a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt before hitting the bed and knocking out. 

 

Well, I didn't knock out quite yet. My phone rang loudly and I groaned in annoyance. "What is it Jimin?"

"I'm really sorry if you were asleep, hyung, even though it's only 9:30, but I think something is wrong with Haemi noona."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, suddenly sitting up in bed. 

I heard him sigh. "I don't know. I saw her at the store and I was going to greet her but she didn't look very happy."

I rubbed my eyes. "Jimin-ah, not everyone looks happy."

"No hyung, you didn't see her face. I really think something is wrong with her and I want to find out what but I can't. Mom wants me home right away and since you're closer to her than I am and you live closer to her..." He trailed off and then continued again. "I'm worried about noona."

I nodded. "I'll go see her right now. Thanks Jimin."

"No problem."

 

I stood in front of Haemi's front door and knocked three times. Three minutes had passed by and I began to feel anxious. Pulling out my phone, I began to dial her number. The phone rang until it sent me to voicemail where I sighed in frustration. "Come on, Haemi." I dialed her number again but before I clicked the call button, the door opened, revealing her in her pajamas. "Haemi!"

"Yoongi!" Her voice cracked but she did look surprised. "Wh-what are you doing here? It's pretty late."

I walked in without her permission and she closed the door behind her then proceeded to run into the kitchen to get me a glass of water. I sat myself on the couch and waited patiently until she sat in front of me. I took a good look at her face. Almost the same as this morning, only it seemed like she was trying to cover it up with make up or something. "Are you okay?" I suddenly asked. 

Her eyes widened but she quickly nodded. "I am fine. Why?"

I looked at her before replying. "I don't know. I just had this feeling. Look, if something is wrong, don't be afraid to tell me ok? We're friends, right?" 

She nodded then smiled softly. "Thanks a lot." 

What happened after that surprised myself and probably Haemi, also. I stood up and walked over to her and pulled her in for a hug. I heard her let out a light gasp and the next thing I knew, she grabbed on to the back of my shirt and began to shake. 

"I'm sorry." She croaked. "I'm sorry, you're really not supposed to see me like this. No one was supposed to see me like this. I'm supposed to be strong for others.." I stood there frozen because all of a sudden, Haemi was crying. I had no idea what to do and cursed at myself mentally.

So I did what I could - I let her cry as I rubbed and patted her back. "Haemi..." I led her to the couch and sat down with her as she continued to cry. I wanted to know why she was feeling this way but I didn't want to ask. Instead, I continued to keep her company until she has calmed down. It was a struggle but I did what I could. 



Wahahaha. So please forgive my little crying scene there. 

It was totally fine in my head but I did what I could. Sbjssjns 

But anyways I hope you guys liked it ^^ Drop a comment and tell me how I did! Don't be afraid to correct me or give me some tips also :)

(It is 12am and you can best be sure that I didn't revised this at all.)