Six .

Smile Girl {on hold}

I was making my way towards the place Haemi and I usually met up at and thought about everything that had happened last night. Although it was uncomfortable, I really didn't mind. She continued to cry on my shoulder, occasionally choking out incoherent words until she fell asleep hiccuping. I sighed in defeat. I was really no help at all. I saw Haemi up ahead and hurriedly walked over to her. She grinned at me and waved, almost as if yesterday never happened. But I knew better. Her smile didn't reach her eyes at all. Just exactly what happened to her?

We met up with the other guys at the gate and Jimin walked up to me as Jeongguk pulled Haemi away and began talking excitedly to her. "Was she okay, hyung?" Jimin asked. 

I looked at her then sighed and shook my head. In a hushed tone, I told him about yesterday. Jimin's eyebrows furrowed slightly. I knew the younger guys in our group likes Haemi, especially Jeongguk. I looked at him and smiled - he finally has a big sister-like figure in his life. Jeongguk was talking animatedly, doing all sorts of hand movements to express how he's feeling. Haemi chuckled at him half-heartedly and ruffled his hair to which he grinned almost child-like. I quickly walked over to the two, took Haemi by the arm(with Jeongguk gasping), and pulled her along with me as I made my way to class.

"Y-yah! Hyung, what the heck! I was talking to noona!" Jeongguk whined and pouted.

I grinned and looked back at him. "Too bad. We need to get to class and so do you."

Haemi chuckled and looked back at him. "Sorry, Jeonggukie, we can talk after school ends okay?"

Jeongguk grinned with a nod. "Okay!"

 

"Haemi."

"Hmm?"

It was lunch time but Namjoon and Jin hyung didn't come today for reasons unknown so it was just the two of us now. I hesitated to ask her if she was okay, fearing that she might break down in class, so I just decided against it. "Nevermind."

She stared at me before replying with an, "Okay."

 

The walk home was quiet, minus Jeongguk running his mouth about who knows what to Haemi. When we finally reached her house, she turned to us and smiled. "Thanks guys, I'll see you tomorrow or something."

We all waved as she made her way inside. As the others walked forward, I stayed back for a short while and stared at her house when a light flickered on in one of the rooms and sighed, catching up with my group. Sometimes I wonder if she ever gets lonely at home every night, especially when her family isn't living with her.

Jeongguk jumped on my bed and laid down, stretching his arms out then said something that surprised me. "Why is noona sad?"

Jimin and I looked at each other then back to the youngest as everyone else looked at him as if he was weird. "What do you mean? She looked fine." Taehyung replied.

Jeongguk shook his head and 'tsk'ed him. "No hyung, you weren't looking close enough. Haemi noona didn't look happy like usual. I feel like something's bothering her."

I bit my lip and stayed quiet, thinking about last night and how hard she had cried. The room was absolutely quiet until my mom came in with a smile. "Dinner's ready boys!"

When she left, we all looked at each other then sighed, getting up and making our way outside to eat. Dad was already home, a little bit earlier than usual, and grinned. "Hey boys! You're here again, huh?" He laughed and sat down. Dinner was a bit awkward but mom or dad didn't seem to notice and just talked to each other animatedly about work and whatnot.

After dinner, we all decided to go to Jin hyung's house but I stayed behind to help mom with the dishes. After that, I ran to my room and changed into a more comfortable outfit then grabbed my basketball like Jimin had asked. I kissed my mom and waved to my dad goodbye and made my way out the door and towards Jimin's house, which was past Haemi's house but on the opposite side from where we leave from school. I looked at her house and noticed that there were no lights on so I assumed that she had gone to sleep early, despite it being only 7:45pm.

I shuddered as I neared Jimin's house, knowing that I would pass by the cemetary soon. Already, I could see the ominous fog blanketing the area and a creepy vibe shot up my spine. To make it worse, I could see a person from the distance kneeling in front of a gravestone. I rubbed my arms and tried to quickly pass it however, as soon as the person was in my line of sight, I froze. It was a girl and she was sobbing, uttering out incoherent words. I bit my lip, hesitating on whether or not I should leave her be or go console her. I could hear my mom's voice echoing in my head and I sighed, making my way to her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked in the nicest voice I could muster up in this creepy, eerie place. The girl stopped talking and she slowly looked up. I surpressed a gasp and eyed the gravestone in front of her before I knelt down, pulling her into a hug. "Why didn't you say so, you idiot?" I whispered. She cried silently and clutched onto my shirt, shaking. I stood up, holding my hand out in front of Haemi. She looked up at me with her tear stained face and bloodshot eyes but didn't budge. I sighed and grabbed her hand and pulled her up slowly, not letting go of her hand. "Come on, I'm taking you home."

It was silent between us with the occasional hiccup that she would utter. When we reached her house, she fumbled with the keys until I took it from her hands and inserted the key into the lock, opening the door. I slowly led her to the couch where she collapsed, sitting there almost lifeless as I sat beside her. I still haven't let go of her hands. I didn't know what to say, all I knew was that I have to be here. Mom would most likely scold me big time if I just left her here alone like this. On impulse, I gently took her head and had her lay on my shoulder instead and lightly kissed the top of her head. "I'm always going to be here for you so please, if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me, okay?" I told her. I don't know why I did but I did. And she cried even harder. 



Snsibdbej sorry for the long update guys!

I am beyond upset and sad and angry about what had happened the past few days. With the MAMA and the B-Free . He said some things that were immature but at the same time I understand what he was trying to say. He didn't have to be an about it though. AND THE MAMA. GOD DON'T GET ME STARTED. I WAS UPSET. VDNDJNDJDKDJ It's okay boys! You're winners in my heart❤️

(This chapter has not been edited.)