One .

Smile Girl {on hold}

I remember the bell ringing when my mother and I walked into the decent sized bookstore, the smell of the new crisp pages as I flipped through some of the books, I even remember the taste of the mocha frappuccino I've never tried before that day. It tasted good, and I made a mental note to myself to get it the next time I come here. I even faintly remember the only cashier that was at the check out lane. She wasn't anything special at the time but I did remember her, she rang us up, too, when I got the book I needed to get. I remember her smiling when I handed her the book.

"Pieces Of You?" She let out a soft giggle and scanned the book, "This is a really good book. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. That'll be 14875.00 won." I looked at her and before I could question her about the price, she smiled again and said, "Employee's discount." My hands slowly reached for the bag the book was in and I handed her the money, no words spoken at all.

My mother smacked the back of my head lightly. "At least say thank you, child." I rolled my eyes and muttered a thank you to the cashier and we both left after she bid us goodbye along with a, 'Have a great day!' When I arrived home, I quickly kicked off my shoes and ran into my room, remembering that Jin hyung was going to video call me. "Yah! Don't run in the house, Min Yoongi, you know that! Watch when you hurt yourself. Don't say I told you so!"

Before I slammed the door to my room, I shouted an apology. I quickly made my way towards my desk and my laptop, throwing the bag on my bed. As soon as my laptop was started up, a ding was heard followed by a ringing sound. Jin hyung's profile picture popped up and I laughed, accepting the call. "Hyung!"

 

I groaned in frustration as I slipped into my school uniform and literally threw my school supplies and textbooks into my backpack all at the same time. I did a quick check in the mirror and did a few touch ups on my hair before zipping my up pants and backpack and running out the door with my backpack already on. My mom smiled at me upon seeing me and handed me a slice of bagel. She gave me a peck on my cheek and bid me a good day at school. I thanked her with my usual cheeky smile and ran out, closing the door behind me. 

By the school gates, Jin hyung and Namjoon were waiting for me. I waved at them and the three of us walked to class. The girls around us would fawn over how good-looking hyung was but he didn't even acknowledge it. Instead, he kept his attention on our conversation, not once giving the girls a simple glance. We reached our separation point and I gave them a two finger salute, walking into my class. 

Class had begun and I sat quietly, half listening to my teacher drone on about the lesson and half staring at the girl who sat two rows and a couple of seats away from me. I furrowed my eyebrows because there was this tugging feeling that I had seen her somewhere. And as if she had known I was staring, she turned around and our eyes met. A smile played on her lips and I slowly looked away, blushing, unsure of the reason why I was doing so. 

It was that 'employee discount' girl from the bookstore. Was she ever in my class before? I suddenly felt embarrassed at the fact that I had never noticed her in my class before. Guilty even. Everyone knew me and yet, I didn't know anyone. And it's been three months with my classmates. I just shook my head and stared straight at my teacher before she thinks I wasn't paying attention. During our 10 minute-break, when everyone began moving around and talking to each other, I took this time to catch up on my rest. However, before I could even completely lay my head down, a chair was pulled up in front of my desk and she sat down, smiling.

I looked up at her and her smile turned into a grin. "Good morning, Yoongi-ssi." I nodded in reply. I could've verbally said it but I didn't even know her name. How embarrassing. "I don't know if you remember-"

"Employee discount?" I blurted. I felt like punching myself. Couldn't I have said, 'the girl from the bookstore?'

She was startled, by the look on her face but she quickly smiled and even chuckled. "Glad you remember! I'm Kwon Haemi! I had transferred into this class from 1-B the day you were absent so don't worry about not knowing my name. Just a moment ago, I had asked the girl beside me what your name was. I'm glad I got to meet you again, to be honest." Her smile was bigger, causing her eyes to form cresents.

Other than the fact that I'm mentally questioning her about wanting to see me, I'm also questioning why she's even smiling. Does she ever stop? "You wanted to see me again?" I decided to ask.

She nodded and laughed. "If that didn't sound too weird."

I cracked a smile. This girl was like a walking sunshine, really. She laughs and she smiles. Does she ever really stop? "I honestly have no idea how to reply to that."

Another laugh, this time softer, escaped . "That's totally fine. I was wondering, during lunch, if I could eat with you?"

I shrugged. "Sure, I guess. A few of my friends from another class might come in and join me if you don't mind."

She grinned and nodded. "Thanks, Yoongi-ssi! Oh, I should get back to my desk. Ssaem is coming. No sleeping!" She shouted, hitting my desk as she quickly walked back to her desk.

I looked at her retreating back and let out a light chuckled. She's really something.

 

Jin and Namjoon stared at her, not really scrutinizing her in a negative way but they seemed curious. Haemi simply smiled at them, her lunch box in her hands. Out of impulse, I coughed, causing the three of them to break their connection and look at me. I smiled and looked down, eating my lunch.

"Yah." Jin hyung lightly pushed my head back then laughed. "Are you not going to introduce us to your new friend?"

I rolled my eyes. "Hyung, you can introduce yourself."

Before he could say anything else, Namjoon cut him off, introducing himself to the new girl. "My name's Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you!" He gave her his usual dimpled smile.

Haemi giggled as Jin pushed him out of the way. "And I'm Kim Seokjin. Just call me Jin, it's easier and I am in no way related to this hoodlum." He said, pointing to Namjoon. The younger rolled his eyes and stuffed a sppon of rice into his mouth.

Haemi laughed. "I am Kwon Haemi, it is very nice to meet you all." She said, bowing her head.

Jin pointed to her, politely of course, if that was even slightly possible, and looked at me. "I like this girl. She's nice."

I merely nodded, not caring at all about what he's saying. I just continued to eat my lunch while Namjoon and Jin hyung were talking to Haemi.

That night, when the three of us guys were walking home, Jin suddenly brought up Haemi into our conversation. "No offense to you, since she's your new girl friend or whatever, but she really smiles a lot. I'm not creeped out or anything. Just thought I'd point that out."

Namjoon nodded in agreement and I shrugged. "No offense taken. I was actually wondering that too. I actually met her before, at the bookstore. I didn't know she was in my class then. According to her, that day I had missed school was the day she transferred over from another class."

Namjoon was silent until he finally said something. "Actually, I really like her. I mean, not like that but she's pretty cool. Nothing like Jin hyung's fangirls."

Hyung rolled his eyes and Namjoon and I laughed. "Whatever," he replied. "But I have to agree with Namjoonie, though."

We continued to talk until we reached my house, where my other friends were at also. When I unlocked the door, the youngest of my friends, Jeongguk, tackled me. "HYU~NG!"

We both laughed as he got off of me. "What's up, kiddo?" I said, ruffling his hair.

He smacked my hands away and furrowed his brows. "What the heck, hyung? I'm not a kid."

I chuckled and shrugged. "Are the others here already? Come on, let's go eat." I took a deep breath and grinned. "I could already smell my mom's cooking."



Yay! First chapter! Lately I've been having Suga feels so I had no choice but to start this XD

I think my writing style will be slightly different this time around because I'm trying out new styles. Hmm, is that okay?

Drop a comment or something and tell me what you think! Constructive criticism is welcome but please don't be rude T^T
I have a fragile heart. No, really. I do.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by ^^

(This chapter has not been edited)