Chapter 34

A Change of Mind

Author's Note: You guise!!! I have managed to confuse myself... I don't know what time of the year it is anymore! Not in, you know, real life (I'm not THAT stupid), but like in this story. I have a feeling it's spring-ish, but I might be totally wrong... I've re-read the earlier chapters, but I'm still sort of confused... Like, I know it's been past Christmas, but after that I really don't know anymore. Sooo I'll just go with the spring-ish-feeling that I have and, you know, assume that it's springtime right now in myungyeol-world. If that confuses you guise then I apologize OTL Sorry... my memory is a bit... 

"Doesn't the sunshine feel so nice?" I said, tilting my head towards the cloudless sky. "I feel like the summer is right around the corner."

"It's barely like... April. Or something," L replied.

"Yah, don't you even know what month it is?" I laughed, glancing at my fiance, who was pulling out tufts of grass from the ground. 

"What month is it then?"

"I didn't say you were wrong. It's April all right, but the way you said it made it sound like you weren't sure."

"I just don't really care," L answered, his fingers playing with the grass. 

"You don't care? But it's so nice! Just feel the lovely breeze, the smell of flowers finally blooming."

"What flowers?" L said dryly. 

"Well, there aren't that many yet, but..." I trailed off. 

"Hey Yeollie-ah," L said suddenly.

"Hm?" 

"We're getting married next week."

I opened my eyes and turned to L, who was looking at the grass. The gentle wind was ruffling his hair so that it looked like he had just woken up. It made him look years younger; more innocent. He looked like a boy who didn't yet have worries or burdens of any kind. I wanted him to always look like that. I didn't ever want him to suffer or worry or feel pain. I wanted to be the one who would protect him from all of that. 

"You aren't having any second thoughts, right?" he asked quietly, gazing at nothing in particular. 

"Of course not," I assured him, feeling silly for suddenly having the urge to protect someone who clearly knew perfectly well how to protect himself. 

"What kind of wedding do you want?" L inquired, his eyes wandering to my face. "Something like Woohyun and Sunggyu's?"

"No," I replied immediately, shaking my head. "I don't want anything flashy. I don't really care if anyone sees it either. As long as it's just us two, I'm happy."

"Nothing flashy..." L repeated, as if turning it over in his mind. 

"But why are you so serious all of a sudden?" I said, feeling the need to break whatever ice had suddenly come over us. 

"I want to make sure that everything is the way you want it. I don't want you to suddenly run away or something," L explained, and for once, he didn't have a smirk on his face. It was strange to see him so serious. 

"I'm not gonna run away, for the last time," I replied, feeling a little exasperated. 

"Then that's good," he said, and then the smile was back, his normal self returning. As if to prove that he was once again the L I knew, he wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled into me. I felt no need to resist, so I just sat there while L made himself comfortable. He finally settled himself with his head on my lap, his hands holding one of mine, my fingers pleasantly. I tried to hide the fact that when he did that I really wanted to kiss him, but from the way he was smirking, he could probably see right through me. 

"I know what you're thinking right now, you know," he said mischievously, his finger trailing a random pattern along my arm. 

"No, you don't," I retorted. 

"You're trying to not want me," he mused. "And failing miserably, I might add."

"Like you want me any less," I snapped at him, my cheeks quickly turning red. 

"Of course I don't. I want you like crazy. I always want you like crazy," L replied matter-of-factly. "Isn't that pretty obvious?"

I stared at him in embarrassment, which made him chuckle happily. "My silly, little choding. You are so innocent and cute that I don't even know what to do with you. Can I just wrap you up and give you to myself as a present?"

"You already got me a long time ago..." I reminded him.

"Well, that's a valid point you've got there, jagi-ah," L agreed thoughtfully, still tracing lines on my arm with his finger. "And since I've already got you..." 

Without warning, he grabbed the arm he had been and pulled me down hard, so that my face was merely inches from his. His head was still resting on my lap, which made the whole scene seem silly to me, until I saw the look in his eyes. It said Want. Or maybe Need.

His hands found my face and he lifted his head to close the distance between us. It felt like it had been a million years since he had kissed me. I was probably wrong; L liked to kiss me (unless I had been tricking myself into believing that on my own, which I highly doubted), which meant that I received kisses from him quite frequently. 

Still, the way he pulled me down so abruptly, the way he was cupping my face in his hands like he was holding his own soul, kissing me like I was a secret that only he knew and understood... it made my fingers tingle and the blood rush in my ears. 

"I love you, you know," I blurted out when he had stopped kissing me. I was leaning over him, my shadow covering his face. 

Instead of answering L pulled me down again, rougher this time, and kissed me once more. 

 

"So, we're having a quiet wedding then?" I inquired later as L played with the hem of my t-shirt. 

"Anything my jagi-ah wants," L nodded, smiling happily at me. 

"You mean it?" I asked, a bit surprised. 

L stuck out his lower lip, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. "Are you accusing me of being a liar?"

I laughed quietly, which in turn made L's eyes light up. I felt like seeing into his eyes was the same thing as looking at the sun; almost so bright and warm it hurts. "Of course not. Silly Myungsoo."

"Silly Yeollie."

"You like silly Yeollie," I pointed out.

"Of course."

"Good."

"Great," L said.

"Fantastic."

"Superb."

"Magnificent," I shot back.

"Awesome."

"Splendid."

"... I don't have any more."

"... me neither."

Author's Note: Okay, totally not a long chapter... it's kinda late right now, and I am tired, but I want to finish this chapter, so I'm just going to finish it like this and hope you guise don't think it's so very awfully short... (yes, that was me trying to make a good excuse but obviously failing) Oh! And btw, any ideas for the big day, aka the wedding? I'm totally open here, so if there's any good ideas, or anything specific you'd like to happen, please do speak up!^^