Chapter 13

A Change of Mind

After our kiss was over, he stared at me with the most shocked expression I had ever seen him wear. He opened his mouth, but then closed it again without saying anything. For the longest time, he just sat there, mute and unmoving. 

Then he yelled, pointing his finger at me. "You kissed me!" It sounded almost like an accusation. 

"Yes, I did."

"You freaking kissed me!"

"I know. I was the one who kissed you, after all. You don't really have to tell me such an obvious thing."

"You clearly don't get it, jagi-ah. You kissed me." L stared at me like I was missing some crucial information. 

"You're the one who's not getting it."

"What do you mean?"

I felt my frustration reach it's limit. "L! I like you! I like you, okay? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like you." I looked away, more embarrassed than I had ever been before. 

I felt L grip my shoulder and soon after he grasped my head and turned it towards himself, forcing me to look at him. "Oh no, you don't. You're not just running away into your own mind after saying something like that. You'll have to go all the way now, since you already started." His voice was commanding, and I knew there was no way I could refuse. In the end, he always won. 

"Tell me again," he ordered, looking at me with his intense eyes. "Tell me the same thing you just said."

"I like you," I mumbled, looking down at the sand. 

"You're not just playing with me, are you? Just to see how I will react, or something like that?" 

"I wouldn't do that to you; hurt you like that, I mean. You already know that I care about you." I felt more and more embarrassed saying all of this out loud. 

"How long?"

"Excuse me?" I looked up from the sand I was gazing at, into his eyes. He stared back, his eyes never flickering. 

"How long have you liked me?" He said each word distinctly and carefully, as if to a little child. 

"I don't know... I just realized recently, but I must have liked you for longer than that. I think I just didn't want to admit it to myself..."

I was caught completely off guard when L suddenly hugged me fiercely. His arms embraced me, and the blanket we had been using fell onto the sand. I could feel his breath tickle my neck, and it sent shivers down my spine. He hugged me tightly, as if I would disappear if he  were to let me go, and after a while I relaxed against him, breathing in the wonderful smell of him.

He my hair and held me like that for a long time. I didn't want him to ever let me go, but in the end, we couldn't sit there forever. When he finally released me, he smiled at me in a mischevious sort of way.

"I new I would change your mind in the end."

"What happened to 'sometimes I feel like I will never reach you, and that your heart is closed to me forever'?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow challengingly.

"That was all pretence, of course." He waved his hand dismissively. 

"Yeah right. Nice try, but you're not fooling me."

"You're the fool, falling for a guy like me," L informed me.

"Well, at least you understand one thing correctly."

"Hey! That's rude, you know. Are you saying I'm a bad guy or something?" L pouted, and it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. 

"You're a completely and utterly bad guy, all the way to the core. And I still fell for you, didn't I? So stop complaining. You got it your way in the end, didn't you?"

"Lee Sungyeol, you really are the most adorable little thing I've ever seen." He reached out his hand and ruffled my hair, to my great dismay. 

"And of course I got it my way. I always get things my way."

"I believe you," I muttered. 

_____

"Gather around, people!" L shouted, standing on top of our table in the cafeteria. I watched him while I sat on my usual chair. The room turned silent immediately, every student watching L, the leader of the school, the guy you didn't want to mess with if you wanted to live.

What the heck are you doing, L?

"I have some very important - and very great - news for you all," he said, no longer yelling, because there was no need for that. Everybody was already paying attention to him, listening expectantly.  

I felt the dread come, suddenly understanding what he was about ot announce. 

"Lee Sungyeol is officially my boyfriend," L stated proudly.

 Shocked whispers erupted all over and many faced turned to watch me. 

"So everybody who might have an interest in him: back off. Right now. There's no way I'll ever give him to anybody else: he's all mine. I hope I make myself clear."

Hurried nods could be seen thoroughout the whole room.

"Great. That was all." And he swiftly jumped off the table, crouching as he landed on the floor. Then he rose again, before sitting down on the chair facing me. He smiled at me like nothing had happened, and slowly the people around us started chatting and eating again. 

"Why did you have to do that?" I whispered. "Do you know how embarrassing that was? Everybody was looking at me."

"I just wanted to mark what's mine, that's all."

"I'm not yours."

"Ha! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard."

I sighed, knowing there was no point in going against him. He was right anyway. I was practically his, and everybody knew it. What I disliked the most though, was the fact that I didn't mind being his. I actually secretly liked it, though I would never have admitted it to him. 

You've totally ruined me, Kim Myungsoo. I can't believe I'm giving in to you like this. But I can't seem to help myself. 

I had decided. I didn't care anymore what others would think of us. I just didn't care. It didn't matter at all. All that mattered was the fact that L was in love with me and I was in love with him and he was mine and I was his.

All that mattered was that this selfish, overconfident, stubborn, good-for-nothing boy sitting in front of me was completely mine, and mine alone. And I would never give him away either.   

 

Author's Note: Another chapter^^ (but I guess that was pretty obvious...) Hope you like it!:D And as always, thank you so much for reading!<3 And a question for you guys. Should this be the ending aka the last chapter? Or should I write another chapter, maybe about their life later on or something like that? What do you guys think? I'm unsure... :S