Chapter 9

Helplessly Falling In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany’s POV

I had just stepped outside the school when a pair of arms s around my waist, a chin setting on my shoulder.

“What’s wrong, jagiya?”

My eyebrow arched at the term of endearment and I sighed, gripping Bora’s arm.  “I…don’t know.”

I didn’t. But I couldn’t stop thinking about Yuri and Jessica. Why hadn’t she mentioned Yuri to me? Was Yuri one of the reasons she broke up with Taeng? Why did there seem to be secrecy there?  I hadn’t known Jessica that long, but still—it felt like she had hid something from me.  And every time I blinked I saw them kissing.  And I didn’t like it.

“Hmm.”  She released me then and stepped beside me, offering me her arm.  I took it.

“You’ve been stressed all day.”

“I suppose so.”

She tilted her head from side to side and we walked on in silence for a moment. 

“Would you mind if I destressify you?”

“Destressify?” I repeated, a smile breaking through my icy demeanor.

She nodded, a sure smile curving her lips.  “Give it your best shot.”

She led me to her convertible and I got in, barely able to slide on my sunglasses before her car was squealing out of the parking lot. 

Some twenty minutes or so later we sat inside Baskin-Robbins as she sipped from a Coke and I dug into my large bowl of strawberry ice cream.  “Thanks again, Bora,” I said with a smile before taking another bite of the dessert she had insisted on buying me.

“Fany, for the last time, stop thanking me.  I’m giving it my best shot.”  She reached out and patted my hand affectionately which in turn made me blush a little.  The blush grew when she gently caressed my lip with her thumb, removing some displaced ice cream.  “Fany-ah, you are as pink as your dessert,” she whispered with a grin.

“Shut up.”  I lowered my eyes, shoving a spoonful of the frozen cream in my mouth.

Bora laughed at me because my face contorted from a brain freeze.  My spoon clattered to the table as I gripped my head in agony, making her only laugh louder.  I glowered at her.

Still chortling, she scooted her chair closer to me and cupped my face.

“Yah!”

“Fany, I have a secret for getting rid of the cold in your head.  Want to know what it is?”

My brain freeze went forgotten as I realized how intimate of a position Bora and I were in.  I nodded, my emotions refusing to let me think or speak anything coherently.  She smiled.  And then she kissed me.

My crush just kissed me! I grinned then in the kiss and tilted my hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter