제 9 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Hana’s POV

“Hana, do you have any plans after school? Like seriously?” Jina asked. I smiled. I do have stuff, “Music class.” Well, it is.

“Oh, what are you taking?” Ara cut in.

I thought for a moment. Instruments that I’d play since I was small or recently that I should tell them. “Violin. But I’m on classical piano now. Kinda hard.” Ara taps my shoulder, “You’ll be fine. You have great talent.” She’ll be a great mother when I heard those words.

I slung my bag strap over and walk out from the school as I bid them goodbye. Well, I log into Google Maps and my direction is to the JYP building.

Kinda like weird, but uncle insists me to have my music lessons there. Much saying like, free private lessons for my whole life? Nah, they’ll be easy on me, right?

+++++

“Hana?” aunty called me from downstairs. Oh, seriously, they may be concern about my ‘everything’, but it almost to the annoyance level. I just … thank god, they’re my only guardian here.

“Coming!” I yelled from my room. I place my Macbook on sleep and head downstairs. I have to keep it low; my old life. Although, I miss doing one shot with Josh. Good times.

“Sorry for calling but I have something … I mean we have something to discuss about.” What now? I can’t even handle my life. Korean education systems are way harder than I thought.

I plastered my ‘best’ smile and sat in front of them, “Hana, since the day you arrived, we haven’t get to know you. Like real close.” Yeah, but I don’t want us to be that close. I felt this guilty feeling covering me.

“Do you have any interests?” uncle ask once he placed his mug of Joe on the table. I look at them, like what-interest look. “Hmm?” I questioned.

“Besides studying, what do you want to do? Like, what is your dream? What do you want to be when you grow up.” aunt explained. Oh, besides having fun … I think music turns me on.

I hesitate for a while before answer them. I knew what they’ll expect but I have to think this properly. “I used to play violin … until I was 9 but I stopped halfway because mom’s having hard time with the whole dad’s accident.” Actually, I was the one who made the decision to end my lesson. My neck became stiff for a week, my shoulder and back sore. Plus, I don’t like string instruments.

They nod with apologetic face, “Do you wish to continue back?” JACKPOT! The 64K question is here. Ding dong ding dong! Hmm, how about no? I can’t cope with my studies and they want me to play instruments now.

This is HELL.

Aunt held my hand as i kept myself shut since ran my thoughts away, “We’re not forcing you. It’s your decision and we accept anything on your mind.” Oh no, those sincere words are coming!

“I would love too! But can I play classical piano instead of violin?” I hate when my mind and my body doesn’t work together. It’s just …. Bad combinations to me.

Uncle smiled and that’s the happiest smile I’ve seen form him. Well, I think he’s proud that someone will continue his music legacy and I know it’ll be me, even I don’t think to be of it.

“That sounds great.”

One thing I’m curious, “Where will the class held?” I used to go to the teacher’s house like 3 blocks away from my house. And yeah, dad always drove me there.

Uncle smiled, “You’re very lucky. The classes will be held at my building.”

Heh?

“Your classes will be after your school ends. Does it sound fine with you?” he added. So, I’ll be head to music classes for “How many times do I have to attend?” that’s another problem.

“You’ll arrange those with your teacher. Don’t worry. There’ll a driver pick you up from school.” Oh great, now the kids will think I’m a rich spoilt brat kid. Nice~

I held him from saying more, “Can I just walk to your building? I don’t …n-…” I don’t need any driver picking me up. Is this really how things working once I set myself with aunt? More to annoyance; I see.

He looks worried, “Don’t worry. I can protect myself.” Aunt held his hand, reassuring him, finally a long waited nod from both of them make me almost shouted in victory. “You have our numbers, right?” aunt suddenly ask.

I nod. They softly sighed, “Oh, and how am I gonna enter the building? I’m not a trainee.” And yes, the main thing; access into the building. Uncle giggled,”Don’t worry. Tomorrow everything will be easy for you.”

“I think you can develop well with your new surroundings within 2 weeks you’re here.” I mentally bowed and waved at their compliment. That’s how I get my music classes.

+++++

I sound unsure to myself as I stepped into the JYP building. And today, the cold receptionist wasn’t there. I glance at my watch I still have another 45 minutes till’ my music class to start. Well, this is easy to access. Even the guard who kicked me out the other day, smiled earlier.

My noisy stomach guided me to the cafeteria and has a plate of pasta for myself. I look around and most of the seats are occupied and I saw someone waving at my direction. I look to the left, right and behind, nobody but me.

He eye smiled and point to the seat in front of him. And I felt a bit awkward but all I knew was I’m already sat in front of him and look at him.

“The space usually occupied around this hour, maybe it’s a lunch hour. Hi! My name is Ken.” He’s waiting for my handshake and I gladly shook my hand with his. “Are you new here? I mean new trainee?” he asked more.

Looks like he’s interested.

I nod, “Yes. Today’s my first day.”

“How old are you, exactly?” he eyed me. Maybe because I’m still in my school uniform, that’s why. I smiled at him, “senior in high school.” No need to be precise.

He nods and we kept ourselves in shut, proceed shoving the foods into our mouths. I finished earlier than him, “Ken, I need to go now. Nice meet to you.” I stood from my chair. I bowed and when I about to leave, he held my wrist, “Hope to see you again. By the way, what’s your name?”

Bingo! I haven’t told him my name yet, “My name … is …” I feel this weird feeling. Half of my soul told me I shouldn’t told him but this  another half, insist me too!. Argh! Crisis!

“Hmm?” he’s waiting for my answer. I awkwardly smiled, “I’ll tell you … when it’s time.”

He nods.

I head off to the third floor where uncle told me before.  The shiny wooden floor, wall of achievement and jazz music fill the corridor really calms me from my deep thoughts.

I stood in front of room with a title ‘Symphony of arts’. I breathe calmly and knock the door and a sound called me to enter. I saw a lady sat on the piano bench with her back facing me. I bowed 90°, “Annyeonghaseyo. Hae Rim imnida.”

I look back at her and she was looking at me in shocked. Okay now what? “Hana?” she called back. I remembered that I didn’t introduce that as my name. I smiled awkwardly and she walks closely to me.

She smiled, “Your uncle told me about you to me but I didn’t expect that you look like him. Well, I was shocked that I thought you were his daughter or something.” Yeah, I get that a lot. He’s my uncle.

“My name is Kim and I’ll be your music teacher. You wanted to play classical piano, right?” she asked me again. I nod, “That’s my request.”

She pats the empty beside her and I slowly sat beside her after I placed my school bag beside the piano. “So, now we’ll start with basic. I’ll teach you one of the basic that is Franz List, Consolation No. 3.”

No One’s POV

“Hana, I tell you form the umpteenth time. It supposes to be in D flat not sharp. Are listening to what I’m saying right now?” Kim blew her anger over the roof. Her high pitch could get this building into major destruction.

“Again.” Those harsh words came out again from . It was the 11th time for Hana to re-play it again and when that one part came she hit the cane on the piano, “STOP!” Kim heavily sighed.

“I-I’m sorry.” Hana begin to stutter. “I …” Kim raised her hand in front of Hana and smirked, “I don’t care who you are, what is your background but once you’re here, in my class you’re nobody to me.” And she dash off form the room, leaving Hana alone.

“Geez! You don’t have to be such an egoistic. I didn’t wish to claim any knowledge of you. I just did this for them.” Hana mumbled as she slung her bag strap over her shoulder. Hana walks out from the room.

Her steps stops when she heard a beautiful voice next of the piano room, ‘Wow’ Hana was amazed by the unknown voice. “YAH! I TOLD YOU TO CONTROL YOUR BREATH! AND YOUR PITCH WERE MESSED!” someone scold.

‘Her pitch were messed? That’s the most beautiful voice I’ve heard.’ Hana thought. She softly sighed and hung her head low, “Sometimes I don’t understand why she’ll be scold off.” A girl stand next to Hana, wondered the same thing.

“Is she always like this?” Hana asked. Unsurprisingly, the girl nods, “She even when home late night just to satisfy her vocal teacher. Her voice way better than me.” Suddenly, the voice turn to be drop dead silent.

The girl ran out from the room and head to the toilet, with sniffling sound can be heard. Hana and the trainee look in shock. The trainee taps Hana’s shoulder, “Things are like these here.”

“Are you new here?” the girl ask. Hana nod, “I just enter today.” She smiled, “From my view, you seemed loaded with talents. You’ll succeed in this industry. Trust me.” Hana raised her eyebrow, ‘Well, I don’t plan to enter.’ She thought.

“I’m sorry if this question is kinda sensitive to you but how long have you trained?” Hana bravely asked.  “This year will be my 3rd year if I still capable to stay here.”

Hana suddenly hugged her, “You’ll be fine.” The trainee hug her back and released the hug. Hana bowed, “I’m sorry, but I have to leave now.”

“Hope to see you soon.” She said as she watch Hana walks into the elevator.

Hana took a cab home and surprisingly she found nobody home. “I’m home.”

“Aunt? Uncle?” she called few times and all she can hear was her echo-ed voice. Hana walks upstairs after locking the door. She took her shower and change into her cosy attire. She head to the kitchen downstairs and a white paper on the fridge door catch her eyes.

It written, “Hana, I’m sorry that I’m not there when you’re home. Something came up at the office and I have to stay over time. I want to text or call you but I’m afraid that I’ll disturb your music class so I wrote you this note. Oh, how’s the class? When you will be having your music class next? I ask too much, right? If you’re hungry, I had left the lasagne in the microwave. Your uncle won’t be home these days, probably a week, I think. And I’m not sure whether I’ll be home tonight or I’ll be seeing you tomorrow morning. Hana, I gladly advised you not to leave the house at night. I’m afraid you can’t find your way home. In fact, you’re still new to this neighbourhood. Anyway, love you, sunshine.”

‘This is good news.’ Hana squeals inside. She ran back to her room and begin to surf the internet for the latest club around the neighbourhood. “I found you!” Hana speak to herself.

‘Wings of Persian has made its official opening two days ago at the Gangnam district by a famous idol. This club had clearly has attracted younger customers soul tonight. In addition to the rare liquor in Korea, customers will be entertained by chosen music of famous Korean DJ who holds the status of being a successful young DJ internationally; DJ T-Feel.

In addition, the advantages of this club is that customers who book their online boarding pass given priority to enter the club than customers directly come at the club.

Warning to individuals under age, you are not allowed to enter the club. Wings of Persian club will check your identification card before entering the club. If you do not comply with this warning, you will punish with imprisonment from the government.’

Hana smirked, “I have my own way sneaking into the club without any ID check.” She clicked the button book on the booking site and begin checking her wardrobe for her outfits tonight.

Hana felt satisfied as her finish gone through her wardrobe and found the perfect dress for tonight. She walks downstairs happily, eating the lasagne in the microwave. ‘Finally, my yearning solutions to dance and rejoice been achieved. I'm sure tonight will be the best night in my life since I set foot in Korea.’ Hana smiled alone.

As the clock strike to 8.45 pm sharp, Hana get herself ready and changed into her night club attire and make-up; clearly too y, revealing and not suitable for her age.

Hana texted her aunt just making sure her plan won’t be ruined for tonight.

Aunt, are you on your way home now? – Hana

Oh, sweetie. I’m so sorry. I won’t be home tonight. I guess I’ll be seeing you tomorrow morning. Do you need anything? – Aunt

Nothing. I’m just asking if you’ll be home tonight. If you said so, I’ll be bed early tonight. – Hana

I bid my apologies. I’ll be home tomorrow by morning, okay? Don’t worry. Make sure to lock the windows and the door before you sleep. Good night and love you.  – Aunt

Nae. Good night too and love you, aunt. – Hana

That’s it. The green light flashing in front of her as her plan going out tonight will hit another jackpot. She shed her invisible tear of joy as she walks out from the house. 


 

Hey there~ So, holiday is starting now and I have enough time updating my story. I hope you guys won't be mad at me due to my late update. Sorry! I just finish my story book and bingo, my brain gave  me this one idea and I'll write it into the story plot. Be patient, alright? Hope to read your comments. Love you~

 

P/S:The last part in this chapter is the hint of what the next chapter be