제 7 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Jin’s POV

“Mom, I’ll going out now. My friend is waiting.” I went to her room and found out that she’s sleeping. I sighed; well I just wrote some mini notes by her desk, her bedroom door, the fridge and the kitchen that I’ll be leaving.

You know, old people and their amnesias. It’s pretty hard but now I’m used to it.

I walk down the alley with my super geek attire on, plus my favourite Ray ban with me. Jimin texted me before that he needs my help choosing his accessories for Bangtan’s comeback. And just about a minute ago, he had to cancel it.

I was almost fuming, but he’s favourite dongsaeng, I can’t be mad at the bagel boy. I told him it’s fine in fact I need to update my wardrobe with the latest fashion trend.

Flickering colourful streetlights and crowd of people; more to teens had made Myeongdong one of the best place I’ve ever been. I look around and found a store which more to men’s pants.

The worker greets me, “Hi! How may I help you?” thank god the workers were also male, so no fangirls even when I’m in disguise. Even, when I walk into the store, I still have my glasses on. Nobody disturb, probably they knew I am an idol.

“I’m planning to buy casual shorts for my friend. He’s about 5’6ft and he’s 16 y/o boy.”

It’s for Jungkook. I was suppose to give his birthday present on his day, but I forgotten about it, so I pay his all day meal course. Yet, I felt so wronged not giving any gift to him. So, I decide to give this short to him since he love shorts.

“Sir? May I suggest lilac and cyan for its colour? These two colours are very popular these days and most of our costumers bought this.

I look through those pants. But wait, what was his size? Oh damn! “Can you hold this for a sec? I have a phone call to answer.” Actually phone call to be made. I call Suga and he told me that boy’s size is the same as his.

“Do you have any S size?” I look back at the worker. He nod and went to look for S size. Bingo! At that very moment, in front of the store, few people were crowding in front of Burberry store. I walk closer to the tinted glass to get a better view.

I wonder who or what they are waiting for. Is the Korea president in there? Or some idol shopping? Or Burberry will be having the greatest sale ever? Hmm, I wait and try to look closer but I can’t see who is in the store.

“Is Big Bag in that store?” a girl beside me asked her friend. “Nah, I don’t think so. Only some bloggers and fans waiting to create new rumours on their blogs.” Her friend answered.

The female cashier calls me and proceeds, “Is there any special event happen there?” I asked and point out. Her action was in paused and look outside, “I’m not sure. Sorry, I’m new here.” She bowed as she hands the bag.

I smiled at her and was about to leave the store, then she called. “Jin oppa!” she whispered. I was frozen at my standing spot and continue my steps afterwards. She held my hand and hand me few pieces of paper with a mini note, ‘Stay healthy and love you’

I look at her and she made a secure lock across her lips, as in she won’t tell anybody that I was here. I bowed again and whispered thank you. As I pushed the door, I heard people screaming in front of me.

I squinted my eyes and look closer. It was that girl. The one that bumps and have her camera lens cracked. Oh wait her hair! Her hair is pink! That’s stand-out the most. The paparazzi were crowding in front of her. I wonder why as I walk closer.

She was hiding her face from the camera and stay still. Is she that popular?

I have no choice but I have to do it. I took off my black leather jacket and cover her face with it. I thought saving her from those flashing lights and stupid questions. I pushed some paparazzi in front of me and act fast.

She held my arms as I was dragging her away from the crowd. I took her to the less-people-around alley. I took my jacket off her head and she hugs me right away.

Maybe still in shock of what happen?

“Uncle! I’m so sorry. Thank you for …” she looked up and shocked.

Right at this time, my awkward smile appear. I remove my glasses and before she could scream, I cupped my hands tightly at . She’s now mumbling something and I could hear some curse words.

She removed my hands, “You! What are you doing here?”

“Is that your way to say thank you for someone that just save your life more to your dignity from those paparazzi?” I asked her and eyed deep in her eyes.

She was taken aback and looked down, “I’m sorry but thanks by the way.” Clearly she was mumbling something after saying her apologise. “Are you stalking me?” she suddenly asked.

STALK?! I have no time for that. Are you kidding me? “What? I was just coincidently shopping in front of your store.” It’s true!

She looked at me in judging, “Really?” I try to keep myself calm from her irrelevant responses. I was facepalm at her words, “Up to you to believe those. By the way, are you okay? Did you hurt somewhere?”

My concern and caring side popped. Oh, Jin, why now?

“Pfft! Being caring to me won’t change anything.” She crossed her arms and glared at me. Young lady, that’s pretty rude.

I sighed and wonder why did she blame me that much just for a camera lens? “Look, I don’t wanna create any big situation, alright? I just need my camera lens repaired. It means a lot to me.”

I raised my eyebrow, that camera lens you can buy it any where. “Hey … did you hear what I just said?” she waved her hands in front of me. Looks like i was distracted by own train of thoughts. “You’re saying ...”

She begins to grow in frustration which she can pull off her hair anytime by now, “I said, you can pay for that lens if you can’t find any replace-…”

“Hold on! Why are you so concern about that lens? It’s just a piece of crap that you can buy it at any camera store.” It was right. Noona has the same model of camera as hers and she just bought the newest lens just now.

“PIECE OF CRAP?! Hold that up er, you bumped me on that street and cracked it. That camera wasn’t a piece of crap neither the lenses. My dad gave those to me before he was involved in an accident, which he is dead now.

For almost 4 years, I’ve never used those. The very first day itself, someone had ruined it and it was you. So, clearly, if you don’t understand those, don’t say a word.” That stinging pain on my cheek definitely proven that she’s an intolerant person. Yeah, she slapped me.

Hana’s POV

Stupid guy! He was just that lucky that my fist wasn’t landing on his throat because he just saves me. My anger range just boil until it was over its own limit that I slapped. That could be the first warning.

I walk to the main road and hoping to catch a cab. I raised my thumb up and no cab stopping. Ergh! I hate to do this. “Miss?” someone tapped my shoulder from the back.

“Taxis are prohibited to stop here.” She point to a Korean signboard at her back; which I have no idea about it. I smiled and bowed, “Do you have in particular to go somewhere?” she asked. I nod and whispered to her, “I have to go to the JYP building and it’s urgent.” It’s weird but my sense indicates that uncle probably there in this hour.

She looks at me, “Ah! That won’t be a problem. It’s not that far. Take a right exit after this store and just straight forward until you found the building.” She said. Thanks to miss navigator. I bowed as my thanks and walks.

I pushed that transparent glass door and was coldly greeted by the receptionist, “How may I help you?” Look, the guy earlier just made me gone mad and I don’t think I have to throw my own shoe at this cold looking receptionist.

“I have an appointment with the JYP itself.” I know lying is a bad thing but this is urgent. I know nothing about Korea and how do I expect everything will be alright? She stares back at her computer screen. “Your name?”

“Hae Rim. Park Hae Rim.”

She smirks, and she looks like Cinderella’s stepmother’s twin, “Sorry, MISS PARK. Your name is not in the system.” She said with her eye lingering on my face. “But I …”

“Guards!” she cut me off. “Wait! Just let me made a phone call please?” I pleaded and no mercy was given. I was dragged out and my again kissed the hard cold floor. Wondering why I need to make a phone call although my phone is with me? It’s because I didn’t sign up the IDD rates yet. So, no international calls can be made.

Stupid guards! You should have let me go nicely instead pushing to the ground. Some courtesy will be fine. I brushed off my pants and I was judged by the fans outside. “If you wanna meet oppa in person, you have to wait like us.” One of the girls said.

“I’m not looking for them. Better be off now.” I walk to the back door and trying my luck not to get spotted by any of the guards. And, my luck was nice, not of them saw me creeping to the back door.

“You stepped on my …!” the person in front of me cupped my mouth from saying out loud. Euw, why do I have to face the same thing twice in a row? I was to determine to get myself off from the guards’ sight and I didn’t realise the person in front of me.

I look to the front, it was dark. I mean, he was wearing a cap and dark attire, how could I notice who the hell is this weirdo? “You gotta be real quiet or both of us will be dead.” My eyeballs just went huge as he said dead.

Seriously? Who are you? Agent 007?

He giggled and that giggle sounds familiar and it did ring a bell. It can’t be, “Nichkhun?” I said out loud. He shushed me again, “Please! You have to be quiet this time.”

What the heck is he doing outside? “Oppa, why are you here?” I straight ask him. Well, he should be practising by now. Unless, he’s going for his escape plan. Nah, don’t mind~

He rubbed at the nib of his neck, “Well … it was …. boring … so I came down and here I am.” That’s the same thing on my head. Somehow I really want to talk to him more but, “Do you have JYP’s number?” I wanna go home.

“Y-yeah. Why?” he raised his eyebrows to me. “I’m lost and I need his help.” I think he can make his way to his own building easily without any circumstances. “And who are you?” how am I gonna say this. I thought for a while and “An important person to him.”

He hesitant at first but my doe eyes made it convincing to him, “I didn’t know that JYP help lost people.” Nichkhun mumbled and thought of what I’ve just said.

He hand over his phone and I quick text him.

I’m at JYP Building, back door (Hana) – Nichkhun

Stay inside of the building until I get there. – JYP

Please bring my bag along when you’re here later (Hana) – Nichkhun.

“He said to stay in the building until he’s here.” I showed him the text and Nichkhun was even surprised. “I’ll bring you inside.”

“Oh and, can I borrow your cap for a while? It helps me to disguise form that cold receptionist.” My pink hair too outstanding. She can notice it because I just kicked out just now.  He hands over his cap and walks me inside.

She didn’t saw it neither the guards. Oh yes!

“Do you want to wait at the cafeteria or upstairs?” Nichkhun tapped my shoulder. UPSTAIRS?! You mean the dance studio? Oh my, I would love too but, “I’ll just stay at the cafeteria.” I can’t be revealing who I am right now.

I made a beeline behind him and follow his steps. We bumped with few trainees and, “Ah Nichkhun! I was looking for you just now.” a guy held his shoulder. I hid behind him I guessed that’s the dance coordinator. He looks fit.

“I was heading to the store nearby earlier…” as he talked that weird guy catch a glance of me.

“You brought your girlfriend here too?” he gestured his hand towards me and Nichkhun pulled me to stand beside him. He hung his arm, YEAH HIS ARM on my shoulder. “She’s a close friend of mine.” He smiled.

Nice, he too, covers everything.

Nichkhun pulled the chair for me and bought me a glass of mango smoothie, “I hope mango would be fine for you?” he sat across with a grin plastered on his face.

“So …” both starts. I gestured him to say first. “How do you know JYP? I mean, you must be someone really close to him.”

“Well, who don’t know him? He’s worldwide now.” Hehe, I’m his niece. “Or you’re the new trainee that just personally scouted by him?” he sounds much more curious. “You can say that…” I sipped my drink and then Nichkhun’s phone rang.

His gaze was damn curious about me. Seriously, it kinda looks like a creep now. “Your Korean is good. You took language classes?”

I giggled, “I am a Korean.” He raised his eyebrow, “You kidding me? You look like foreigner. Mix?” I nod. So that’s he’s curious about?

He hands it to me and it written as ‘JYP’. He asked where exactly I am right now, “With Nichkhun oppa at the cafeteria.” I nodded few times and hand over the phone back.

“You sure you just wanna stay here? It’ll be a lot of fun upstairs. All members are lying around.” He crossed his arms. I want to agree for those but you know, “JYP will be here within in 5 minutes. So, probably next time?”

He nods and just then, uncle finally here with his worried face. “Hana, are you okay?” he held my hand and twirl me around, like checking me physically. I nod, “Nichkhun, thank you for keeping her safe.” His gaze now at Nichkhun.

Nichkhun sheepishly smiled, “No big deal. I should be practice now.” as he about to walk he mouthed see-you-soon.

His figure start to lose from my sight and I place a lock of hair behind my ear and I realized, I’m still wearing his cap. Nichkhun’s cap on my head! Okay, that’s too much. But I’m too excited.

“This is your bag.” Yes, my precious bag is with me. I took my glasses and wore them over. I hung my head low and follow uncle to his car outside with his grip on my wrist. Fans outside were shouting and way too excited when they saw me, more to JYP when he walks passed them.

“I’m sorry, Hana.” He mentioned with sorrowful voice as he start to drive. I look at him and shook my head, “It was nothing. And I get to experience new stuff.” Except the part when the guard pushed me to the ground.

He smiled and drove home. “How’s your confession with your Nichkhun oppa?” he teased with a sly smirk. “It was … fine.” I try to control my feelings.

He lightly laughed and he knew I was keeping it to myself. He parked the car and I was greeted by aunt with worried expression around her face.

“I told you, you shouldn’t come along.” They now fought about me and I broke them apart by telling it wasn’t a big deal either. Now, I can go to bed and have another night in Korea.