제 4 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Jin’s POV

“Alright, kids! You’ve done a good job. Well, done. See you all next week.” Bangtan dance choreographer bid his farewell to the boys. OMG! That’s the last dance practice for No more dream and we’ll be off. 

Jimin and Jungkook lay on the dance floor, “Argh! It’s finally over!!” they both screamed. Their leader giggled at these two maknaes behaviour. “Hyung, what are you gonna do over this 1 week break?” Suga asked Jin.

I looked up to the ceiling, feeling unsure, and “Not so sure. Maybe going home and visit my mom? Why, motionless Min?” I asked back. Suga smiled, “Nah, just wanna know.”

I walk over to my back pack and search for my bottle and I saw my phone’s notifications. ‘Three missed call? Omma?’ I thought to himself be there something bad? Is she alright? Leader Mon peek over my phone and saw the notification, “Ooh, looks like something important will be up.”

I look back at him; unsure, “Don’t worry. I’ll tell to the manager. Just go.” Leader Mon comfort me as he could read my mind very well and smiled. I have these mixed feelings bottled up inside of me as I pack my stuff quickly.

“I’ll be going now. Bye!” I waved at them before dash of from the dance studio. I look over my phone back and text mom, but she didn’t reply. I begin to panic as I fasten my pace.

As I fasten my pace, I bumped into someone. “Oh, Jin? Are you going to the car?” I look up and it was Bang PD-nim. I quickly stood up and bowed, “Aniyo. I’m going back home. My mom isn’t feeling well.” Yup, I lied. I have too.

“If that so, go now! Your mom needs you now.” Bang PD-nim even encourages me to go home. I bowed him again and ran out from the building using the back door. I pulled black mask and red snapback from my bag and wore it over.

I walk coolly to the subway station and board the subway. Few people stare at me like a weird person. Well, I have to hide my face. Most of them are school students, GIRL STUDENTS. My phone vibrates and mom’s calling. Obviously I have to decline the call.

Mom texts.

Where are you now? Are you in the subway? – Mom

Ne. I’m sorry I have to decline your call. I’m sorry mom. – Jin

It’s fine. Jin, are going back home today? – Mom

I’m on my way now. – Jin

Good. I have big news to tell you after dinner. Are you alone or you bringing your friends over? – Mom

Okay. I’ll be home in another 10 minutes. Just me. – Jin

I’ll wait for you. Walk safely.  – Mom

Ne. – Jin

I wonder what news. Noona will be graduate soon? Oh, wait a sec. Is she engaged? Wow. I hope that’s the news. Jin giggles alone. I walk out from the subway and heads to the bus station. Looks like I have to wait another 12 minutes since the bus just left.

Seriously, I hate to wait this long. I don’t really care about the bus so I decide to walk home. I pulled off my mask and cap away and kept in my bag. This neighbourhood is safe. They all knew I’m an idol, but they treat me as the way I am.

“Jin-nie? You’re going home?” Mrs Kim called me as she saw me walking. I walks towards her and bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs Kim. Ne, I’m going home now.”

“Ah, your mother is waiting. Walk safely.” She smiled. That old lady is the friendliest person I’ve ever met. She’s beautiful and *bumps*

“Oh my, I’m so sorry.” How can I be so careless? KIM SEOKJIN! WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING. I literally scold myself. Damn! The lens is crack. What to do!!

I look in front, it’s a girl. Is she new here? I ask myself. “Mianhae-yo.” I bowed. She bowed back and noticed her camera lens are cracked, “I can pay those for you.” I keep on apologising to her and convince to her that I could pay those, even I can’t.

She looks like she held her anger, “Just where you’re going and you sound damn annoying with that squeaky voice.” She scolds me in English? Literally, from her tone I can sense she’s mad.

Oh, SeokJin, you’re in deep .

Hana’s POV

As I arrived at Korea, Mrs Park Sae Young aka my aunt, she greets me and drives me to my new home. That’s what she called. I was so scared if she’s like the evil stepmother who I read stories from, well, she isn’t.

She sets my luggage into my new room, I was surprised. “This is your new room. I’m sorry if it’s not as you had in mind. I just set your stuff and let’s have quick meal afterwards.” She closed the door.

OMG! You wanna know, the bed is in queen size, there even a Macbook air on Th study table. I even have my own TV in my own room. Wow, I never had this before.  I set my stuff into the wardrobe and the wardrobe was like damn big. I could even sleep in there.

Now, can you imagine how huge the bedroom is? I bet not. It’s a single story house so, yeah. I walk to the living room and she’s there waiting for me. I sat across her and grin like a stupid person. “Are you okay with your room? Or do you want to redecorate it?” OMFG! Redecorate? No way. It’s perfect.

“No need. I’m okay with the room.” I smiled.

“I’m not sure how you lived when you’re at Dallas but I try to adapt your lifestyle. How’s your mom? Is she alright?” she sipped her coffee and gestured me to join her little party too.

“She’s fine, thank you.” The best strawberry smoothie I’ve ever tasted. “You look like your dad to be exact.” I try to recall, well I don’t remember much about dad; only flipping through the photos. “By the way, Hana it’s summer now, why are you wearing beanie?” she looks on my head.

Well, I don’t wanna be a weird person, “My hair isn’t normal.” Okay that was pretty weird for an answer. Wth? She raised her eyebrow, “What you mean ‘isn’t normal’?”

I pulled the beanie off my head and ta-dah, “Nice hair colour.” She praised. Okay, this is shocking. My eyes were big as golf balls, “Don’t worry, your hair’s fine. Pink suits you, by the way.” Yup, my hair is pink. That stupid stylist wrongly dyed my hair.

“It’s a long story…” She nods to my words.

“So, umm this is basically our house now.” she looks around. 

I’ve wondering, is she living in this house alone? I mean, she’s married, right? Hmm, I don’t wanna ask that. Up to her if she wants too.

“Hana?” she called.

“Sorry, my mind took me away. What were you saying?”

She smiled, I just love her smile, and “You’ll schooling by next week at …” she paused and tapped her chin.

“Aunt?” I called her. “Do you prefer co-ed or only girls’ school?”

I held my laugh, “I prefer co-ed.”

“Okay. So, I’ll be registering you at the SFL. Next week, Monday is your first day, okay?” SFL? What school is that?

“What is SFL?” I asked her. Seriously, what is it?

“Seoul Foreign Language High School, it’s not that far from here. In fact, I’ll send you to school everyday. Don’t worry.”

“Is it a private school?” I’m so damn curious. From the name itself, I knew it was a private school. She nods and smiled like it was nothing for her, “Don’t worry. The expenses are on me. I want you to have the best academics here.

Your mom had me to take care of you when you’re with me, so this is my way of teaching and learning.” The ways she talks sounds pretty stern, but actually she was talking to me like a friend of hers.

“And one of the reasons you’ll be admitting to SFL is you’re from the States which the school is half populated with foreigners, easy for you. You just need to brush up your Korean and add one more language.”

My jaw hanged. Wow, I’m so impressive. The school is fine though, but I seriously need to catch up with their curricular. “Oh and one more thing, your grade will be determine by your internship exam. It’s either lost a grade, same grade or skip a grade.”

I look at my watch it has been 2 hours since I land at Korea. Pretty much, I wanna discover the neighbourhood. “Aunt, can I have your permission?” I called.

She looks at me, waiting, “Umm … can I go out and take some pictures?” I try to convince her. “Ah, kinda like your own exploration around the neighbourhood, is it? Yes, of course, you may.” She pats my head before she went to the kitchen.

I ran upstairs and grab my Canon DSLR and wore back my beanie. Later, I met her back at the kitchen, “Thanks aunt. I’ll be back soon.” I hug her from the back.

She giggled, “It’s my pleasure. Don’t be late and I wanna introduce you to someone during dinner soon.”

I went out and walk along the pedestrians, ‘Wow. It’s pretty nice here.’ I thought for a while. I took a glance at a Korean couple and walk closer to them, “I’m sorry to disturb you but can I take a photo of both you for my blog?”

They were shock and look at me in weird way, “My blog is a fashion blog.” I gave them the URL and they search it right away. It’s kinda relieved when they trust my words, “I’m sorry that we act that way.” The girl apologise.

I bowed, “No, it’s fine though. You guys are the sweetest couple. I mean it.” I praised them since their attire looks great to be on my blog. “By the way, are you new here?” the guy asked.

I nod, “Yes.”

The girl squeals, “Where are you from?”

“Dallas, USA.”

They wow-ed, okay this is weird for me. What’s the big deal? “Your Korean is good. Did you learn them?” they ask more. Well, I never knew the Korean pretty much this friendly. “I am a Korean. It’s just that I’d risen at the states.”

I bid them goodbye and continue my journey. Little did I know I’ve known the neighbourhood better than I could imagine. As I continued, a guy bumps into me. I fell on the hard road. I brush my bump and he talks too fast. Dude, slow down, I can’t understand a thing.

“Mianhae-yo” he bowed twice. His eyes eyed on my camera, so I look below. BAM! MY CAMERA LENS IS CRACK! “I can pay those for you.”

PAY?! Did you know that this camera is my father’s? Of course you don’t. Ergh, how am I supposed to get these repaired?! I held my anger and look back at him in fury, “Just watch where you’re going and you sound damn annoying with that squeaky voice.” Yeah, I scold him back in English.

I drag my feet away to a place where I can see only trees around me and an empty bench available. I sat there and try to calm myself. I look back the lens, ‘I’m sure if dad still around, he’ll be damn mad.’ I thought.

I look over the photos and a voice came up, “Can I sit here?”


Sorry for leaving without any notice. Well, Jin just finally debut (in this story). Woohoo! I'm sorry for not updating in few days, I'm having a mental breakdown. Does anybody here know about YG WIN reality show thing-y, if you do that''s why. If you don't it's okay. Anyway, how's my subscribers? Does anybody having difficulties understanding the story? If you are inbox me :)

Thanks for the patience and I'll try to update tomorrow, goodnight! or goodmorning, afternoon or evening.