제 17 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

No One’s POV

Hana lay in her room since the moment she came back from cheerleading practice after school. She’s been reading the teen novel that she just bought. She adjusts her body posture few times and comforts herself while reading.

Her sight never left the book, and Hana herself didn’t left the bed either. She was too mesmerized with the novel’s plot.

“Hana! Dinner’s ready!” her aunt call from downstairs. ‘Dinner? How long did I read this book?’ she thought. Hana placed down her favourite fiction teen novel; Anthem for Jackson Dawes on the bedside table and head downstairs. Both of her aunt and uncle is waiting for her.

She softly sighed, “Sorry, if I’m making everybody waiting.”

Her aunt smiled and they all set their prayers to God before eat their dinner. Everything was nice, enjoying each other presence of silence and aunt breaks the ice, “So, Hana, how’s school lately?”

Hana dapped the corner of with napkin, “I managed to be one of the school’s artists and I’m now taking arts as one of my major subjects.”

“I didn’t know you’re into drawing.” Her aunt sounds excited. “Well, you guys didn’t ask.” Hana giggled. “Do you have to do like mural at school?” aunt asked. Hana chewed and tapped her chin, “Well … something like that.”

“I’m looking for ward to your drawing now.” her uncle grinned. Hana dropped her fork and faced her uncle, “I don’t want you or aunt to be mad at me for this but can I have the music class at home than at the JYP building?” their gaze now fixed at her.

He smiled, “I’m glad you tell me earlier. We’ll never argue about your options, unless it’s a serious matter. We let you decide then.” Her aunt joined and adds the last sentence.

Hana softly giggled, “Thank you. You guys are the best.” They all continue back to their food and ends with a thankful praise to God.

They all sat at the living room and felt slightly awkward. Hana fiddled with her phone, replying to Mom and Josh. “The annual blue glory dinner will be held next week.” Hana didn’t pay attention since her legal guardians are having their own conversation.

“Where will it be this time?” her aunt asked.

“I heard the Kim’s are the host for this year.” JYP sounds unsure and tapped his chin. “My dear darling, we have 4 families with the name Kim.” Hana’s aunt trying to be sarcastic.

Her uncle felt a pang in his head, “Oh, yeah. I’m not sure but it’s either the professor guy or the head of Seoul dental department guy.”

Hana raised and eyebrow and look at them, “Who are they?”

“They’re the Kim’s. Actually they’re more but never mind. Every year there will be an annual dinner for this housing area; which is blue glory. This annual event had been done since the first resident in herein 2007. According to that, we’ll take turn between all families. This year is the Kim’s.” her aunt explain.

Hana’s POV

Wasn’t this area is like huge or something? How will they organize the dinner? “How many families in total in this housing area?”

“9 in total.” Well, that doesn’t sound much. Ah, the rich region is absolutely Gangnam. “So, when will the dinner be?” Since when I’m interested in this. “Next week’s Thursday.”

I nod and went back to my phone texting Josh. He said that he’s on fever right now and he had skipped school for 2 days. Can he just go to the hospital? I’m worried about this guy. “Hana, do you have anything tomorrow?” uncle distract my attention to him.

I squints my eyes and scratch my head, “Yeah … cheerleading at 8 until 1pm. Why?” I lock my phone after I bid my goodbye to Josh. “We thought of going shopping for the dinner next week but since you’re occupied then, we’ll fix on other days.” That sounds good.

“I don’t mind actually. You guys just shop and just buy me anything. I’ll text my size for every brands that I’m using.” I look at them, in the eyes. Well, just a dinner. Nothing much to be concerned about.

“I gotta sleep now, since I have to be at school like damn early…” uncle cut me, “No such words.” He hissed. Gosh! “Sorry.” I muttered.

“Good night.” I walk upstairs and entered my room. Actually, I’m not sleepy it’s just that, I don’t have any mood to talk to them. I need time for myself. I log in to my twitter and read what’s trending and mostly things that happen around.

Well, EXO is trending almost everyday and sometimes there are few trending including the comeback idols. I’m not interested into those. After 2 hours of boredom scrolling twitter, my eyes begin to be droopy.

I escape a quick yawn and remind that I should sleep now. Tomorrow is Saturday and I’ll be having cheerleading the first thing in the morning.

+++++

“Come on guys! 2 more sets and we’re going for push-ups burpees within 30 seconds.” Jina yelled at us as we’re doing the 25 push-ups for the girls and 50 for the guys in 60 seconds. Oh dear Lord, save me. And now, we’re going for burpees.

This is fitness test!

“25!” I yelled and I was partner up with Mike since everyone is occupied. “You have to continue and don’t stop.” Mike said while doing his push-ups. This guy doesn’t look tired at all. Maybe the first timers like me are the one will suffer.

After all those burpees, “two more to go and we’ll take a break.” Ara sound like a hulk now. “30 seconds of plank, 10 seconds break and 15 seconds of each side plank. Come on Xavier! You can do this!!” she cheered for all of us. Xavier is our team’s name.

I begin slowly dying when I reached the first plank. I took a deep breathe and look at Mike, being calm and concentrate on his work. Most of the male cheerleaders begin to pull off their shirt and revealed their abs and Mike isn’t an exception.

I sighed and look at my Nike shirt; I’m drenching and not bothered to only wear on sports bra like Ara. “15 + 15 and you’ll be excuse for tomorrow.”

“Tight in your muscles and feel the pain!” What?! You’re killing me!

“But we don’t have any practice tomorrow!” a girl next to me yelled. We all suffered in pain and I can feel my body losing everything. “13, 14, 15! Good job guys!”

BAM! I lie on the blue mat and slowly catch my breathe.

“We’ll be doing fitness test once a week but twice a day. Get me? 10 minutes after warm-ups and 10 minutes before cooling down on any day I wish. And I’ll change the fitness routine and I won’t tell when. So, get yourselves ready! Anyway, good job guys!” I’ll be a walking stick after a month from what I’m having today.

“It’s tiring but you’ll get use to it.” Mike lay next to me. We both closed our eyes for few seconds after cooling down.  Out of sudden, I feel shaky and my sight became blurry. “You better drink this!” Mike offers his Gatorade. I couldn’t refuse but I’m too tired to lift my fingers.

“You’ve maximised all of your energy and you have to replace them quick.” He placed the tip of the straw on my lips and I slowly slurped in the highly contain of glucose into my system. “Thanks.” I muttered and finally I could sit back.

He smiled, “You better take your shower and shower room will be closed by 2pm.” Jina ran to the door as she told us. After the quick 10 minutes of torturing fitness test, I drank every single drop of water in my bottle.

Ara walked towards my direction, “Aren’t you feeling hot in that?” she look at my semi see through t-shirt. I hate to admit, I am but I don’t like showing my body to people. “Not really.”

I took a glance at the wall clock and it’s nearly to quarter past 1. Uncle won’t be taking me and I need a shower right now!!

I ran to the shower room and the tap without bothering to pull off my shirt, bra and tights. After the 15 minutes of shower, I wear on my daisy dukes short with black leggings, hot pink t-shirt with GAP’s grey hooded pullover.

I tied my hair onto messy bun and walk back into the gym room. Only few lefts and still multiple bags on the bench. Looks like they’re taking their time to shower until 2pm. I noticed something beside my training bag.

It was a fruit punch flavoured Gatorade.

I have one extra. You better drink this to hydrate your body.

-Mike

Yeap, it was nice of him. I kept the note inside my bag and wear back my chequered vans. I bid to the remaining cheerleaders’ goodbye and walk home. From what uncle told me this morning, I may have nearly 45 of walk from school to home.

But, I’m obviously not gonna walk the whole way, I’ll take the subway and it shorten to 28 minutes. Period. I drank nearly half of the Gatorade that Mike gave and kept the remaining in my bag. I felt a sudden vibration in my thigh.

To: Hana

Are you free?

From: Hana

Wae-yo?

To: Hana

I need your help for this maths work, since you’re pro with it and our history project. I’ll come over to your place then.

From: Hana

Jimin, I’m on my home from my cheerleading practice. I’m in the subway right now. *chu chu*

To: Hana

Then?

I get off from the platform and head to the main road of course as I arrived at he station. I walk about at the street and bump with some tourist asking for direction.

One thing distracts me, Starbucks. I miss them. Caramel frappuccino have been my best friend since the first day I went to Starbucks. I crossed the road and remembered about Jimin.

From: Hana

I’m at the Gangnam Starbucks. Meet me here.

To: Hana

On my way and I’ll be there in 10 minutes.

This kid, sure thing having a problem with that maths. The store was occupied with few customers and I can smell those lattes. Jeez! I ordered myself Shaken Iced Passion Tea Lemonade for refreshing myself and sat near the window. I shoved in my earphones and hit my Maroon 5 songs in my iPod.

I feel calm and fresh after those hectic workouts. The worst thing but it gave a pure satisfaction actually. I closed my eyes for a while and enjoying the song while waiting for dearly Jimin. Not a long after, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I pulled my earphone and opened my eyes. One of the barista gave me a plate of a cinnamon roll and cheese Danish, “Miss, this is your cinnamon roll and cheese Danish.”

I frowned and look at her, “I didn’t…”

The barista point at Jimin on the counter with an apologetic look while paying for our drinks, “Thanks.” I smiled.

The barista left and here comes Jimin, the bagel boy. “I’m so sorry I’m late!” I apologise in his soft voice. I shook my head, “Nah, its fine. I’m enjoying the smell of coffee and pastries in here.” But seriously, how long did I doze off?

I look at my watch, yeah, nearly 20 minutes but I don’t really mind. “I bought these java chip cream frappuccino and those two miniatures as my apology token. And I presume, you didn’t ate yet?” he guessed correctly. Well, I was waiting for him.

I look at my shaken iced passion tea and the ices have melts while I wait. “Thanks. You want some?” I offered the cheese Danish. He shook his head and gestured me to enjoy those.

He took a sip of his iced green tea latte and spread the books that he brought along on the table. “So, what’s the maths problem?” I asked while munching. He giggled, “I don’t get this solving works but my answers are correct.”

I took his book and analyze through his work. Ah, he skipped the 3rd way. “It’s not a big deal though. You’ve mastered your simultaneous equation inequality for one inequality. So, basically, you’re doing the same thing but twice.”

He looked at me and though on my words, “Jimin, it’s not even an error so, you’ll get full marks for this. Don’t worry.” I assured him.

He softly sighed and fixed the baseball cap on him. He’s in disguise, I see. “So, are you gonna be like this every time you went out?” I asked after quite a while.

“Not really. I don’t wear like this during the night but, its winter now, I don’t have any exception.” He shrugged.  Its sure thing winter but the way I dressed, it looks like I’m having spring season.

After munching and guiding Jimin on his few mathematics questions, we start with our history papers. “This will be long.” I blew my bangs and look through some info on his iPad.

We made ourselves comfortable and finishing our works. Thanks to Jimin, I don’t have to rewrite everything. “You want anything?” Jimin stood up and planning to buy our third coffee, “Hot chocolate will do.” I smiled.

I didn’t know he’s a coffee lover, more like a caffeine addict now to me. “Grande size.” I remind him. I can’t drink any of it anymore. He went for a third cup of vanilla latte in tall size. I just can’t imagine how his stomach could deal with all does caffeine.

“Yah! Aren’t you gonna have stomach ache or something? This is your 3rd tall cup for vanilla latte.” I asked him after he went back. He giggled as he passes me over the hot chocolate. “Nah, I’ve been drinking caffeine since mid-term 2 years ago.”

I shrugged at when back to the paper works. I took several deep breathe as I wrote the last paragraph. After 10 minutes, I’m done. “YES!” I threw my fist up and few people in the store look at me. I bowed in apology.

Jimin smiled, “We can submit this by next week! And no more stupid WWII works!!” Jimin celebrate by sunken himself on the couch.

He looks cute in that way with his baseball hat, “Do you mind if I take this with me? I need to rearrange those papers at home. We still can submit by Monday.”

He nods, “Sure. I don’t mind either.” We packed, well; Jimin’s the only one pack while I’m holding to the papers on my left and hot chocolate on my right hand. I look at my phone’s watch; it’s nearly to 5pm now.

I just spend nearly half of my evening with bagel boy at Starbucks. What a date! We walked out and a guy with a beanie leaned on a van called Jimin. He dragged me along. “Hyung, this is Hana, my classmate. Hana, this is manager hyung.” I bowed at him.

I fixed my training bag’s strap and look at the them, “Hi Hana! Are you going home now?” he looked at me dearly. I nod, “Come on! I’ll sent you!” Jimin rubbed his palms as the wind breeze blew. Well, I just need to walk 2 more blocks and I’ll be home. “Thanks but no thanks. My house is just around the corner.”

“Are you sure?” the manager guy asked.

I nod several times and bowed at him, “I better get going now.” they smiled and waved. I sipped in the warm hot chocolate and rubbed my palms onto it. I keep my pace on steady and I entered the blue glory resident’s area.

I ran back home as it’s getting colder. I pressed in the code and unlock the door. I saw few pairs of shoes and a pair of heels on the doorstep. Someone else are here. I heard few voices, chatting, soft laughters along the house corridors.

We have visitors?


 

Hey guys! I'm finally back with an update. I'm seriously being nervous and almost cry my tears out because my exam results will be out tomorrow, (PMR to Malaysian readers.) Yeah, having a mental breakdown. I hope for the best results and pray a lot, for me yeah?

I'll update this tomorrow right after i came back home after receiving my results. Stay tuned.

Do comment and subscribe :)