May

The Twelve (on hiatus: writer's block)
Please log in to read the full chapter

M A Y

"Stay alive for me."

Life was beginning to sting. Tao and I were distancing. He was always with his new girlfriend. It was really hurting me. 

However, I have decided to forget about everything. Even though my family doesn't need the money, I have decided working at the local grocery store. A way for me to start over and forget everything.  Placing canned goods on a shelf, organizing breads, helping customers. It all helps me get away from my heart's nightmares. I need to move on.  

The people I worked with treated me like their own sister. They are the only people that has shown me genuine care, in a way that a family cares. Fortunately, they too speak Korean, since this store specializes in Korean goods in China.

"Unnie! That customer over there is creating some trouble, do you mind helping him? I have to end my shift today," Soo Yeon asked me. I nodded my head, and headed straight over to the "troublesome" customer. 

"Excuse me? Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?" I asked politely in my broken Mandarin. The customer looked at me.

"Ma'am, I cannot find the steam buns. Anywhere! They always have them shipped here on Monday!" The boy said in Korean with a pout. Oh, so this young boy is a Korean, and from his physique, he must be a freshman in high school. 

"Oh, yes, they're in the back shelf. Follow me," I replied. The boy had a wide, childish grin on his face, stretching ear to ear. 

"Jinjaa?! Thank you so much!" He said. He ran ahead of me, running to the shelf. I smiled at the sight. At least someone in the world was happy. I caught a glimpse of his sweatshirt. Beijing University. He was in college? Beijing University? But, he looks so young. It boggled my mind. But, indeed, he was quite cute. His caramel colored hair suited his round face. 

Every evening or so,

Please log in to read the full chapter