April

The Twelve (on hiatus: writer's block)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A P R I L

"I'll be there for you."

My parents and I moved. I remember hating it so much. I moved to a new town, in a new country. I miss my school of hopes and dreams. But now, I'm in China. In a new school. A new experience.

I walked into town to cheer up a bit, and to learn a little about the area. I saw an ajumma selling purses. Her stall was at the end of an alleyway. I was crossing the street to get to ajumma's stall, when a group of men came and grabbed me.

"Let go! Nal gaja! Nal gaja!" I screamed. But yelling in Korean was no use, since I was in China, and the language spoken here was Mandarin. The men only snickered, and one tried to drug me with a cloth. I kept turning my head, so they had trouble bringing it up to my nose. 

"Ya! Stop! Leave her alone!" a tall boy screamed in Korean.

"Ha, a little boy. Who do you think you are? What do you think you can do about it?" the gang leader mocked. So they do speak in Korean! The boy walked up to the man. The boy rotated his leg, so that it'd make contact with the man's cheek. A perfect roundhouse kick. The gang leader's cheek was gushing with blood. The gang moved in closer to the boy. The boy was pushed to the ground, but he got up with a swift move. He kicked his legs up, and got right back on his feet. He kept fighting the gang. For me.

One of the men successfully drugged me. And before I knew it, I had lost consiousness.

"Ireona! Agashi, ireona!" a boy called. I opened my eyes gently, and I saw the boy from yesterday and both my parents standing beside him.

"Thank goodness you're awake!" Omma cried, hugging the boy to show gratitude.

"You... saved me?" I croaked, my throat burning. The boy nodded shyly. He shook my hand, and pecked a kiss on my forehead.

"Don't go out by yourself, okay? I'll be there for you," the boy said. And with that, he left the room. My savior left me.

I went home with my parents after checking out of the hospital. That boy... I hadn't gotten his name. But, I clearly remember his face. His thick, black hair, his dark eyes, his tall body, his pale skin. He was just like... a super hero. 

School began. I hated thinking about it too much. Language confusion, difficulty getting around, no friends like usual. I sighed heavily as I entered my first class. History. How much I hated th

Please log in to read the full chapter