January

The Twelve (on hiatus: writer's block)
Please log in to read the full chapter

J A N U A R Y

"You and me."

They said to watch out. They said his killer smile would make you drop dead, and then his spirit would bring you back to life. They said he's like an angel, willing to protect you. Like a Guardian Angel. I wanted to know what he was like. Would his wings protect me? Or would his wings be false ones, acting like they would protect you? I wanted to find out. I wanted to meet him, and feel his wings embrace me. His name was Joon Myun. Kim Joon Myun. I liked the ring of his name. "Joon Myun" was recited in my head as I drifted off to sleep. I thought about what his smile would feel like.

I woke up. I stole a quick glance of myself in the mirror. Ugly. They called me ugly. I was used to hearing those things. I didn't care much though, even though it did hurt at times. It was a weekend, so I didn't have school today. But, I had a report due soon. So I got ready and entered the campus library.

I looked around for a book for one of my classes. History class. I cringed thinking about it, since I hated that class. I skimmed through each row of books. My eyes wandered around for a book on King Sejong, but I couldn't find it.  I eventually gave up. Unfortunately, I'm never able to find what I need. Sighing, I walked over to one of my favorite corners in the library. It was occupied today; how odd. A boy around my age was sitting there, with a rather large book held up to his face. He had an angelic look on his face, making my heart strangely flutter. His eyes moved horizontally, reading the lines of the book. I wasn't in the mood to strike up a conversation, so I walked past him.

"Miss, why are you in the library?" He called. I halted in my steps and I turned to him. What a stupid question to ask.

"Are you really asking me that question?" I asked, rolling my eyes. I was hoping I would insult the boy by saying that, but he only smiled.

His smile. One that made me drop dead, and before I knew it, I came back to reality. I blinked a few times. My guardian angel was sitting right before me. I swallowed, and took a deep breath before speaking again. But he was faster than I was, and spoke before me.

"It's just that... no one seems to come here anymore. I was just curious," the boy said, still flashing his smile.

"I understand. I feel the same way," I said honestly. He was right. No one

Please log in to read the full chapter