Chapter 20

Love Food Story

It’s a quiet morning in the Jessica’s apartment. If only someone can hear a sound, it’s only the sound of footsteps in the kitchen from a certain shikshin. She isn’t there trying to find food, but actually she wants to make one, but sadly… she has no idea what to prepare. That’s why she only walks on circle in there.

“Morning!”

Sooyoung jumps to hear the sudden greeting. She glances at the source of voice only to find a grin on Tiffany’s face.

"Am I startling you?" Tiffany smirks.

"No, I'm just...No." Sooyoung tries to hide her shock although it was too late.

"Don't pretend. I've been watching you since..." Tiffany glances at the wall clock. "Ten minutes ago but I'm sure you swirling longer than that. What time you wake up this morning?"

Sooyoung follows Tiffany, glancing at the clock. “Maybe… an hour ago.”

“Ah~ so you already prepared breakfast?” Tiffany asks. “I’m hungry~ Hurry~! Serve me one~!”

Sooyoung blinks her eyes rapidly. She just remembers again why she walked in circle earlier. She can’t decide what she should cook this morning.

“I… haven’t. I don’t have any idea what to cook,” Sooyoung admits.

“Why?” Tiffany wonders. “You must have 1001 recipes in your mind, right? Try to make one and surprise me as usual.”

“But…”

“But?” Tiffany repeats when Sooyoung fell silent.

“But I didn’t know what food that could brighten the mood,” Sooyoung sighs. “At least… I want to help her. I can’t do anything other than preparing food, unlike you.”

“Unlike me?” Tiffany points herself in confusion.

Sooyoung nods. “You can listen to her problem, be her shoulder to cry. And because you’re her best friend, you can stand beside her when she needs someone. But I’m just her chef…”

Sooyoung lowers her head.

“Maybe the only thing I can do to help her is making food that can brighten her mood,” she continues. “But I think I’m not a good chef for her. I don’t really know her favorite. I also don’t know what food that can brighten the mood.”

Tiffany chuckles to hear Sooyoung’s explanation. “Are you sulking?”

“Sulking?” Sooyoung frowns.

Tiffany nods. “Ahuh, sulking. You sulk because although you spend day and night under the same roof with her, she never tells you about her problem?”

Sooyoung shakes her head. “Sulking, no. But feel useless, yes.”

“Don’t be,” Tiffany pats Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Right now she closes her heart to anyone who tries to approach her. I'm just lucky because I knew her before the door was closed. If you want, you can knock the door and try to enter it. But prepare your heart as well if you failed. She is a coward. Once she was hurt, she would shut down.”

Sooyoung sighs heavily.

“And beside… about breakfast, I think just prepare anything you want to prepare,” Tiffany continues. “Mostly she will lock herself in that room after cried all night. First reason, she doesn’t want people to see her condition and pity her. Second, she wants to be alone to calm herself down.”

Sooyoung nods. “But… do you know her favorite food? I just… wonder.”

Tiffany smiles to hear the last part.

“She really loves ice cream, especially chocolate. Maybe she likes something sweet. Try to make snacks, but sweet so she can snack while hiding,” she suggests.

Sooyoung nods. “Anything else?”

“She also loves noodles. That’s why for lunch try to lure her with spaghetti, maybe she wants to get out of the room after smell it,” she giggles.

“Tiff… she isn’t animal…” Sooyoung complains.

“But she ever equated you with pets,” Tiffany defends herself.

“Whatever,” Sooyoung rolls her eyes. “What can I do for you now?”

“Like I said earlier, surprise me!” Tiffany shows her toothy smile.

Sooyoung only nod and starts preparing food for the eye smile girl. Sometimes she glances at the close door while cooking. This is the first time Sooyoung wishes she can see Jessica in the morning although she knows her boss isn’t morning person.

*

Jessica has opened her eyes an hour ago. She also knows when Tiffany left her room and chat with Sooyoung in the kitchen. She can hear Tiffany’s loud voice although she can’t hear clearly what they’re talking about. But Jessica has no intention to join them, at least not today.

Jessica clearly remembers how she cried under the rain inside Sooyoung’s arms. Honestly she doesn’t know why she cried. Is it because she remembered about Krystal after saw the women in the stage or… she felt the warm that she is longing for?

Jessica admits that the existence of Sooyoung become a big deal for her life. But the only thing that comes to her mind is… kicking Sooyoung out. The only reason is… she doesn’t want to care about someone only to be left again. Sooyoung’s presence is now being matter to her.

“Please don’t kick her out because she cares about you…”

Tiffany’s voice ring again in her mind and it force a sigh escape from Jessica.

“It’s your fault, Tiff… It’s your fault…”

Jessica pulls her drawer and takes frame photo from there. After it came out, immediately she hugs that frame.

“I miss you…” Jessica cries again. But for now, although she knows someone out there ready to give a warm hug or a shoulder to cry, Jessica wants to cry alone.

*

“I told you, you don’t have to…”

Yuri stops in the middle when she sees who the one through the door of her restaurant.

“Sorry if you’re disappointed, I’m not your chef,” Tiffany apologizes.

Yuri shakes her head. “Come in and please take a seat. I’ll take your order.”

Tiffany shakes her head. “Your chef already prepared breakfast for me. Just give me the bill,” she tries to joke.

Yuri frowns and shakes her head. “What do you want?”

“Straight to the point, huh?”

“Let’s just say, I don’t want to waste the time. The busy time will come soon. I need to prepare myself because I will handle it alone,” Yuri says, taking a seat. “So… please take a seat.”

Tiffany accepts the offer and sits in front of Yuri. She takes off a deep breath before she starts talking. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Yuri asks. “To make my chef takes a day off? Don’t be. She needs break sometimes. I also told her to do that if she needed.”

Tiffany shakes her head. “For introduced your chef to Jessica because I know…”

“You don’t,” Yuri cuts her, trying to end the topic.

“I know you’re in love with her. I can see it from the way you stare at her,” Tiffany insists. “All this time, Sooyoung is too blind about love until she doesn’t realize she had fallen in love with my friend.”

Yuri sighs heavily.

“You know, my feeling has no connection with you. And it’s up to Sooyoung to fall in love with anyone,” she utters. “I’m her boss but only in this restaurant at work time. In her life, she is the boss. She owns her life. And as her friend, I’m happy IF she finally found someone.”

“Yeah, I know and I agree with you,” Tiffany says. “But I know it hard for you to accept that, right?”

Yuri stares at Tiffany in silent.

“The reason why I want to apologize to you is not only because I introduced Sooyoung to Jessica, but because I you might have heart broken like me. I have the same feeling like you.”

“You love Sooyoung?” Yuri startles.

“Nope, I’m in love Jessica,” Tiffany smiles bitterly. “I thought all this time I can wait until she done helping her sister, but it turns to be… she closed her heart. I wait for… nothing.”

Yuri falls silent again.

“I thought when I’m waiting, Jessica will eventually realize about my feeling to her. I always try to be the one who always stand beside her,” Tiffany continues. “But I know… I should make a move than just waiting. She won’t know if I never told her. And I think, you also wait until she reaches her dream, right?”

Yuri keeps silent, but inside, she admits what Tiffany just said is right. They’re same. They’re waiting and maybe now… for nothing.

“But different with me, maybe you still have a chance,” Tiffany adds. “As long as Jessica doesn’t open her heart and we don’t tell Sooyoung about her own feeling, their relationship won’t be start.”

“But will you do that?” Yuri asks.

Tiffany smiles sadly and shakes her head. “I prefer to see Jessica’s smile again.”

Yuri understandingly nods. She will take the same way if she was her.

“But you don’t have to help me,” Tiffany utters. “I want to make my friend happy but I also don’t want to ask you to sacrifice your feeling for that. You can fight for your love. You don’t need to give up.”

“You give up already?” Yuri asks.

“Maybe now… she mad at me,” Tiffany looks away. “I told her not to kick Sooyoung out because she cares about her. I didn’t let her to escape from this situation. I forced her to face this.”

“Why you never do that before?” Yuri wonders. “In the past you let her to be a coward, right? Escape from anything that can hurt her by closing her heart, right?”

Tiffany glances at Yuri. “And I regret that. That’s why I try to fix it now.”

“What if Jessica, that’s her name, right?” Yuri confirms. Tiffany nods. “What if Jessica reject Sooyoung? What will you do next?”

Tiffany clams up. The idea had never crossed in her mind. All she can sees, they will be together… eventually.

“You believe Sooyoung that much, huh?” Yuri wonders.

Tiffany nods. “Jessica never left her apartment before Sooyoung came. I thought… maybe… she will open her heart again.”

“Beside… you must be known about Sooyoung’s problem, right? You knew the reason why she left her house, right?” Yuri guesses. “Almost a week ago, I saw you talking with Soojin unnie when I was shopping.”

~I got a boy meotjin~ I got a boy chakhan~♫♪♫

THUD!

Tiffany jumps from her seat when her phone suddenly ringing before she answered Yuri’s question. She glances at the screen and her breath stuck in .

Soojin Unnie Calling

That’s what her phone tells her.


Hmmm.... I have no idea what to do next. Really.